Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Monday November 4 Maintenance PDT or PST?

The annual "Fall Back" time change is Sunday, November 3, 2013.

The maintenance time for Monday, November 4, 2013 is listed as 10:00 am to 11:30 am PDT. Is it really supposed to be listed as 9:00 am to 10:30 am PST?
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well, looking at the Japanese site, the update is 11/5 2:00-3:30 AM JST.

Which will be 11:00-12:30 AM Central Standard time on 11/4, and yes, 9:00-10:30 AM PST.

Oh time change, you are so much fun. Not. Especially since the US now spends more time in DST than not, we don't line up with ANY part of Europe anymore AND people never understand that DST ENDS in Winter... not STARTS.

*end rant*
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The "Daylight Saving" was to save daylight for use in the evening for people doing things outdoors from around 7 to 9 pm local time. This time would otherwise be time when people would be up, and turning on lights to see things.

The outdoor recreational industry really likes the "savings" because it gave them more time to make money every day.

The "savings" were borrowed from early morning hours when supposedly people would be sleeping with all the lights and other things turned off.

The actual energy savings touted by the proponents of DST are probably much more minimal than the proponents have publicized.

As far as I know, Europe has never changed to their equivalent of DST on the same day as North America. But until 2007, both Europe and NA did the fall back on the same day (last Sunday of October). Europe is still the same as they have been for years (last Sunday of March to Last Sunday of October). The US Congress saw fit to change it here starting in 2007 moving it from first Sunday of April to Second Sunday of March, and Last Sunday of October to First Sunday of November.

It still is a big waste. Arizona and Hawaii are the only states doing it right.
    (4)
    Last edited by Dsherman; 11-02-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Ah why does SE have to schedule the update for Monday the raid reset day in FFXIV. I wanted to get myth farming out of the way in FFXIV. But guess I have to play FFXI so I can get on the SoA missions since its really hard to find people to do missions after the first day.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Uhg... this is why Time isn't a thing...
    Thank you Franklin...
    Thank you for making this this an actual legit question...
    (pretty sure it was Benjamin Franklin at fault... I could be wrong.)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Oh time change, you are so much fun. Not. Especially since the US now spends more time in DST than not, we don't line up with ANY part of Europe anymore AND people never understand that DST ENDS in Winter... not STARTS.
    Shit. Really?
    GAH!
    And I call myself a good Maid...

W/e Time is all meaningless BS anyways... Flagoople o'clock is just as legit as DST and everything else...
    (1)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-03-2013 at 12:45 AM.