Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Jedd
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Something as flimsy and malleable as lore should never, ever be used as a reason for not adding content. That's part of the beauty of lore; you can just come up with pretty much any ol' BS and it becomes part of the lore. It wouldn't be questioned. It just is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    But we are the empress's personal mercenary, so why can't she bring about the books? Also a certain mace wielding Mithra would want the books or whatever will be coming so that we can use them to pay off our ever increasing debt.
    This. Or the previously silent empire decided to open its doors to the outside world for whatever reason (events of ToAU, etc.). Or Naja partnering with A.M.A.N. to aid in soldier training. The empress already decided to mass recruit mercenaries from foreign lands, so it's not even a stretch. That's existing lore.

Where would this lore even go, anyway? Not like there was some cutscene necessary to use the books before. We just walked up to them and started on pages. Don't really need a reason; here are the books, start killing.

Hell, look at Trust magic. It just popped up outta the blue and all the characters are perfectly fine with it. We can run around with a magic sex sla- er, clone of the empress and other important figures to do our bidding no problem, but story-less exp books are an issue?
    (3)

2. 11-08-2014 09:21 AM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    For story reasons, there are no plans to add Field Manuals in Aht Urhgan areas.

The Empire of Aht Urhgan continues to be quite cautious when dealing with other nations, and even the Adventurer’s Mutual Aid Network (A.M.A.N.) hasn’t been successful in trying to establish a connection with them.

There are possibilities where a similar feature may be implemented in Aht Urhgan areas, but adding Field Manuals to these areas would create a conflict with the lore due to the aforementioned reasons.
    Riddle me this Grekumah: If the A.M.A.N has no influence in Aht Urghan, to the point that lore prevents training manuals from being implemented, why can I trade copper vouchers for imperial standing?
    (3)

Call it Emporeal manuals. Problem solved. And that still doesn't explain why it isn't in the past and the COP areas? They could simply be called a different type of manual and written in as yet another way for us adventurers to help stave off the campaign or something.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Slightly off-topic but is this the reason why ichor and nyzul tokens isn't added to copper vouchers? I would like an explanation for adding assault points to the vouchers.
    Because there's a huge difference between giving people the items they need for a mythic and enabling people to do content to earn them.

duh.

Like comparing night and day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rainehx; 11-13-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'd like to see higher level mobs in aht urghan as an alternative to gaining IS instead of besieged or copper vouchers.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    For story reasons, there are no plans to add Field Manuals in Aht Urhgan areas.

The Empire of Aht Urhgan continues to be quite cautious when dealing with other nations, and even the Adventurer’s Mutual Aid Network (A.M.A.N.) hasn’t been successful in trying to establish a connection with them.

There are possibilities where a similar feature may be implemented in Aht Urhgan areas, but adding Field Manuals to these areas would create a conflict with the lore due to the aforementioned reasons.
    Sorry, I call BS. I can warp straight to the supposedly cautious nation through waypoints, home points, and voidwatch. I have a ring that teleports me there and said cautious nation has a chocobo renter posted at the arrival spot for my convenience. I have a magic coat that can warp me right into town and it has not been confiscated. Voidwatch officers are posted right outside of town with seemingly no complaints from the local constabulary. The lore excuse just doesn't fly at all. Tell the devs to at least be honest with us when they deny something, or at least pay attention to their own lore. We seem to know more about it than they do.
    (1)

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    no field manuals is a pity. but i suppose Records of Eminence makes up for it.. because its still free EXP coming your way, and is somewhat less restrictive with what you can camp (except the Adoulin ones)

I actually accept the lore explanation lol..
    its kinda like how Home Points are still the only universal travel form.. each different "region" (in this case separated by Conquest/Besieged/Campaign/Colonization) has its own method of intra-regional travel and they don't cross over. VW warps cut across expansions but its always only 1 way to destination.

that being said, altho we thought Runic Portals were a world of convenience in the past, i think perhaps a deeper network could be used.. like a Runic gate or something.. that allows you to warp to and from certain areas to the nearest staging point.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3