Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think it's better than what's in place now, but then it's something we're going to have to find out by actually doing the WKRs
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't like the idea of an exchange system, unless they take off the rare tag which they have on the capes. I have all 22 jobs leveled which a lot of players do and exchanging capes I want to get another doesn't really solve anything. I'm sure it's a great idea to people who don't care about most of the capes, but I don't like it.

I'm confused also about how they worded capes dropping from Wildskeeper Reives.

To eliminate this and make it so every time you participate you receive a reward, we will be adding new accessories that are not rare/ex, the job specific back pieces you can obtain from Marjami Ravine and Yorcia Weald reives, and other items as new rewards.
    If this means it will load in the top slot with the Naakaul gear then that's lame. Having a 16.6%-ish chance at getting Naakaul gear you want is one thing. Changing that to a 3.5%-ish chance by adding 22 capes to the 6 items is another.

It's definitely not better. The primary reason for doing these is for rewards from the Naakauls. Adding a ton of fodder in the same slot makes it worse. I still want my capes, and I still find it making things worse.

They are totally different objectives that don't need to be mashed together to make it harder to get either item. It's lowering the chance of getting the cape I want AND the Naakaul gear I'd want.

Now... if it means that they are making the capes and other new accessory items load in it's own slot, then that's amazing and I'm all for it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 10-24-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Grammar, sentence structure.

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I've gone 20 hours of nonstop reives following the communities accepted standard of earning 3 evaluations without a cape. Overall I've had 15 capes drop to me. I don't play 10 of the jobs that I've received capes for, and I still need to earn 3 more specific capes before I'm done. This isn't fun.
    (4)

4. 10-25-2013 01:36 AM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I don't see why Seekers capes should have a totally 100% random drop system when previous expansions had 100% targeted drop systems for similar JSE items.
    Uh, this is pretty obvious. If you actually got the things you wanted, you'd stop trying to earn them, duh?

It's another artificial "difficulty" placed to keep us playing, to keep colonization rates up, to keep Hurkan """reasonable""" (many air quotes here).

If you weren't spending days on end trying for "that one cape I REALLLLLY want" colonization rate would be 0, colonization would be completely dead circa Campaign battles.
    (1)

6. 10-25-2013 02:33 AM

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    It's a good idea but honestly too "different" from how everything else in the game works and too complicated to code it.
    Why even bother? I'm sure a lot of the people who even cared about capes got a lot which they do not want, and can keep getting ones they do not want/need.

Allowing to trade them, even if at a non-equal rate like the suggested 3:1, sounds fair to me.
    It's not too hard, its a simple if;then code... very basic.
    There's a few things in the game that checks for if;thens, so it's not completely unheard of.... just not utilized for something like this. (off the top of my head, SCH unlock quest has an if;then check for job and 2hr being present.)

P.S.
    R.I.P. Masaki Koh, miss him so much ; ;
    It's actually the only reason why I want the 119 dagger from Delve...
    my thf is only for TH, and my dnc is only to feel fa~bu~lo~us...
    But having a Koh dagger... would be nice. TuT

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    They should have done a Boghertz quest for this. You find a 'tattered cape' after a rieve, 5% drop on a high-score evaluation. You take it to Guslam, or a SoA version of him, and you get the "could it be........is this truly....the work of Boghertz...." type of stuff, and are told that to activate the ancient power of the cape, you have to earn 100k~ xp while wearing it in rieves. It then transforms into the cape for the job you first brought the tattered cape to the npc on.
    The stats on these capes are OK, not earth-shattering, and certainly not good enough to justify the Las Vegas randomness of it all. In aby, if you wanted Orison cape, you went and kicked that rabbit NM around for a few hours. I don't see why Seekers capes should have a totally 100% random drop system when previous expansions had 100% targeted drop systems for similar JSE items.
    This would work too.
    It's more work than just "bring that job to the rieve" but it DOES give the player more control over which cape to get.
    (3)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 10-25-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I don't like the idea of an exchange system
    I don't get why you're against the idea.
    I do get the fact that this solution wouldn't be beneficial for a situation like yours, but it wouldn't be detrimental either.

If you were to say "this solution doesn't ease the situation for me" I could agree, but it's not like it would make it worse, whereas it would ease it for a large number of other players.
    In light of this, I can understand a neutral or indifferent position from you, but I cannot understand your strong opposition.
    (3)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tptn937 View Post
    I've gone 20 hours of nonstop reives following the communities accepted standard of earning 3 evaluations without a cape. Overall I've had 15 capes drop to me. I don't play 10 of the jobs that I've received capes for, and I still need to earn 3 more specific capes before I'm done. This isn't fun.
    Tips:
    If you're looking for the most efficient time/effort way to get capes, aim for Lair Reives and not Colonization Reives.
    When you do, make sure to get at least 3 evaluation before you end the Reive. This is not *necessary* to get the cape (can get them with zero evaluations) but it greatly increases the odds of getting one up to the point that it's not even worth to end a Reive before you achieved that.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't get why you're against the idea.
    I do get the fact that this solution wouldn't be beneficial for a situation like yours, but it wouldn't be detrimental either.

If you were to say "this solution doesn't ease the situation for me" I could agree, but it's not like it would make it worse, whereas it would ease it for a large number of other players.
    In light of this, I can understand a neutral or indifferent position from you, but I cannot understand your strong opposition.
    I disagree, it is detrimental to add anything that penalizes you for playing one of the game's core functions. Class changes.

I have a strong opposition to any ideas that propose a solution to a problem that everyone wants but only to serve a few players needs. Your solution isn't for a large number of players. Most players have all jobs at 99 and actually at least decently gear them. I also have a strong opposition of changing the capes into this exclusively easy for a few capes, meaning exclusivity to jobs. It will immediately be a case of which capes are better for groups. Meaning why haven't you turned in these capes to get this for your group?

A large amount of players agree with the cape dispense rate. Only a small group of players don't have or don't care about most of the jobs in the game. I wouldn't say "this solution doesn't ease the situation for me" because it's not just about me. There are plenty of people looking for a good majority, if not all the capes.

The real question is why are you so opposed to a solution that still embraces you getting the capes, but provides it not just to you, but everyone?
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I disagree, it is detrimental to add anything that penalizes you for playing one of the game's core functions. Class changes.

I have a strong opposition to any ideas that propose a solution to a problem that everyone wants but only to serve a few players needs. Your solution isn't for a large number of players. Most players have all jobs at 99 and actually at least decently gear them. I also have a strong opposition of changing the capes into this exclusively easy for a few capes, meaning exclusivity to jobs. It will immediately be a case of which capes are better for groups. Meaning why haven't you turned in these capes to get this for your group?

A large amount of players agree with the cape dispense rate. Only a small group of players don't have or don't care about most of the jobs in the game. I wouldn't say "this solution doesn't ease the situation for me" because it's not just about me. There are plenty of people looking for a good majority, if not all the capes.

The real question is why are you so opposed to a solution that still embraces you getting the capes, but provides it not just to you, but everyone?
    I think its safe to say most people have 5+ jobs at 99. Everyone is entitled to their view on cape drops rather its in line with yours or not. Blanket statements like EVERYONE has all 99 jobs, how do you know? or most people don't have an issue with cape drops, how do you know? You mentioned "I disagree" alot in your post, yet try to squeeze EVERYONE or LARGE GROUPS to make your point. You have your opinion....so does everyone else.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    I think its safe to say most people have 5+ jobs at 99. Everyone is entitled to their view on cape drops rather its in line with yours or not.
    I'm sorry, where did I state he wasn't entitled to his viewpoint? He asked me why I don't agree. I answered it. Stop trying to create an issue where there isn't one just to start a debate.

Blanket statements like EVERYONE has all 99 jobs, how do you know? or most people don't have an issue with cape drops, how do you know?
    Have you never taken a look at the census data for FFXI? Again, stop trying to create an issue where there isn't one. You contradict yourself. You defend the OP saying he is entitled to his viewpoint, yet discredit me because I oppose it.

You mentioned "I disagree" alot in your post, yet try to squeeze EVERYONE or LARGE GROUPS to make your point. You have your opinion....so does everyone else.
    I use "I statements" because it is my opinion. It would be foolish to claim it otherwise and no where did I ever state it wasn't my opinion.

The word "everyone" generally is a blanket term, no matter how you put it. It's quite obvious the majority of people aren't thrilled about the current drop rate of capes in all communities on FFXI. Otherwise they wouldn't mention adjusting it due to feedback.

Every time I mention "everyone" and "large groups", it's not paired with my opinion. It simply states facts.
    Majority player base feels there is an issue with current method and rate of capes. Fact.
    Most players have all jobs at 99. Fact.

Don't dissect my post in an attempt to discredit me and twist my words. I don't agree with the OP and I'm entitled to explain and defend that. I didn't attack the OP, I disagreed and stated why I do. The OP questioned my staunch stance on the disagreement and I explained that as well and posed my own question back to the OP. We are being civil here. No one is being discredited for posting an idea. He is entitled to his opinion. I am entitled to mine. We both are entitled to use facts to collaborate to our opinions.

You on the other hand, are taking it to a different level altogether.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast