Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Please Do Something SE!!!

I'm trying to level up with a friend of mine. He is somewhat new to the game and we are unable to level, do missions, meet people, and other things this game surely has to offer. We are leveling up jobs around lvl 40 now (I have a few 99 jobs) but we are having way too hard of a time enjoying this game any longer. There is no one around anytime we log in. Today the server was down to 378 with no one in aby zones, gusgen mines, and crawler nest. There were no shouts in jeuno for 30 mins for anything at all and no one to buy our farmed items so we have very little gil. How can SE sit back and try to explain to anyone that this is a fun game at this point. I don't have a concrete answer for SE... if it's a server merger, new fixes to jobs, weapons, content... I don't know at this point but I do know one thing. SE really needs to put something into action to bring people to play this game again. We have been on at different times during the day each for a few weeks now and yes there are some peeks were it reaches over 500 in eastern standard time but the same results occur. Very few people leveling in our range or even to enjoy doing things with. Our LS we recently joined has only a hand full of very nice people in it but they aren't on for long periods of time. Nothing more I can say to SE but please do something !!!!
    (6)

Abyssea made ffxi endgame heavy. Pay or have a friend cleave in abyssea until your 99, that's where this game starts now. There's no going back from it. If your server truly is that desolate than either wait for a merger or transfer servers, nothing else to really do about it.

I've said it before, the linear ilvl climb is ruining the entire model this game has created over the past decade. If this isn't abandoned by the next expansion, there won't be much of a game left. This is not WoW or a WoW clone. It is its own entity and cannot have a radically different model shoved on top of it without angering and separating the community.
    (5)

Player
    What SE really needs to do with the server population is to load everyone onto the same server or load them onto 2 servers: One for japanese speakers and one for english speakers whichever you choose. It would just make things so much easier!
    (1)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvo View Post
    I'm trying to level up with a friend of mine. He is somewhat new to the game and we are unable to level, do missions, meet people, and other things this game surely has to offer. We are leveling up jobs around lvl 40 now (I have a few 99 jobs) but we are having way too hard of a time enjoying this game any longer. There is no one around anytime we log in. Today the server was down to 378 with no one in aby zones, gusgen mines, and crawler nest. There were no shouts in jeuno for 30 mins for anything at all and no one to buy our farmed items so we have very little gil. How can SE sit back and try to explain to anyone that this is a fun game at this point. I don't have a concrete answer for SE... if it's a server merger, new fixes to jobs, weapons, content... I don't know at this point but I do know one thing. SE really needs to put something into action to bring people to play this game again. We have been on at different times during the day each for a few weeks now and yes there are some peeks were it reaches over 500 in eastern standard time but the same results occur. Very few people leveling in our range or even to enjoy doing things with. Our LS we recently joined has only a hand full of very nice people in it but they aren't on for long periods of time. Nothing more I can say to SE but please do something !!!!
    Come to Feenix! Me play wit j00!
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Abyssea made ffxi endgame heavy. Pay or have a friend cleave in abyssea until your 99, that's where this game starts now. There's no going back from it. If your server truly is that desolate than either wait for a merger or transfer servers, nothing else to really do about it.

I've said it before, the linear ilvl climb is ruining the entire model this game has created over the past decade. If this isn't abandoned by the next expansion, there won't be much of a game left. This is not WoW or a WoW clone. It is its own entity and cannot have a radically different model shoved on top of it without angering and separating the community.

Everything the OP is going on about happen at 75 cap too nothing to do with abyssea or any thing else you want to try to blame it on. The game as been top heavy since ToAU and shows like X-play even ripped on FFXI for it back when ToAU was first released has nothing to do with the Ilvl. Before abyssea trying to get help with missions was worst then getting your wisdom teeth pulled cause the people that done them had just as painful time so why bother going back to help for no reward. The real reason FFXI is on the decline is it lost its one and only true niche and that was being the only Final Fantasy MMO that was playable. On top of that it's a old game with outdated graphics and UI and no other MMO of the same age has gone with out at least one graphics update. People try to blame it on this or that cause they don't want to admit the only reason they pick the game up in the first place was of the Final Fantasy brand kinda like hipsters don't like admitting they are hipsters.
    (2)

@Ravenmore,

Sure, ToAU was a sizable increase to the rate at which people could level. Most had a couple jobs maxed, but you did not see people with 15+ maxed like today. This is because of abyssea's insane increase to leveling potential, and more importantly, leeching potential. About your comment about ffxi only having a payerbase because it was the only FF mmo. When ffxiv dropped first time around it massively failed. The reason people did not leave to the original release of xiv is because ffxi was better than ffxiv at the time. But right now, many like xiv over xi. I'm sure many people did pick ffxi at first because it was an FF game, but that's same for every other franchise out there. You buy brands that you trust. About graphics: many complaints about new-age games are there's too much focus on graphics that take away from gameplay. It's not just about the graphics quality, but the immersion that the game can produce for the player. Last point: I don't have the data available, but i remember seeing a subscription chart of many mmos across the past decade, and ffxi held steady from Toau up until about a year ago before dropping off.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You can duo up to 99 pretty easily with Grounds of Valor.

1-10, forget Grounds and just kill stuff in South Gustaberg.
    10-16, go to Dangruf Wadi.
    16-30, go to Maze of Shahkrami
    30-38, go to Lower Delkfutt's Tower.
    38-44, go to Ranguemont Pass.
    44-49, go to Upper Delkfutt's Tower.
    49-65, go to Garlaige Citadel.
    65-70, go to Fei'Yin
    70-99, go to Bostaneux Oubliette.
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkitan View Post
    What SE really needs to do with the server population is to load everyone onto the same server or load them onto 2 servers: One for japanese speakers and one for english speakers whichever you choose. It would just make things so much easier!
    NO!
    I like my JP friends.... Waga Nippon no tomodachi...

OP, This is the case.... you should come to Odin or one of the other "large" servers...
    The players have been complaining for sever mergers for a while now.... :/
    (1)