Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Beastmaster: Pet + Skillchain = Yes, Please!!

All other pets participate in skillchains.

Can you please allow it so that beastmasters can form skillchains with our pets? Our weaponskill are already sufficiently weaker than other DD's that this should balance quite nicely.
    (3)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    It sounds like a lot of work, but this would be really nice.
    (0)

That seems to be the bulk of the answer's we are getting to things players want added... "This would be a lot of work".

Just because it's a lot of work doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing it. It means you should start working on it now, as that is in fact you're job... to do work... for FFXI.

This would be a welcomed addition.
    (1)

Character
    Fadnog
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yes Please!

I would love to be able to SC off of my pet.

But i think the problem would be that we would be able to SC to often, since us and our pet gain TP at the same time.
    So it would be similar to gaining like ~16TP at 280 delay.
    Though if the gave us a JA that let our pet's next TP move participate in a SC it might be more conceivable.

Which i would like just as much as being able to just straight up SC with our pets.
    (0)
    - Fadnog -
    BST99 BLU99

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    That seems to be the bulk of the answer's we are getting to things players want added... "This would be a lot of work".

Just because it's a lot of work doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing it. It means you should start working on it now, as that is in fact you're job... to do work... for FFXI.

This would be a welcomed addition.
    Yea, I know. But to be honest, at the end of the day, if I had to only pick certain things, I would want them to work on a new Expansion. It all boils down to resources. I wonder how much they have now that XIV is running
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadnog View Post
    Yes Please!

I would love to be able to SC off of my pet.

But i think the problem would be that we would be able to SC to often, since us and our pet gain TP at the same time.
    So it would be similar to gaining like ~16TP at 280 delay.
    Though if the gave us a JA that let our pet's next TP move participate in a SC it might be more conceivable.

Which i would like just as much as being able to just straight up SC with our pets.
    You haven't heard what the pups are doing w/ their new weapon that drops from ogopogo. BST skillchian w/ pet would not be broken in any way.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Yea, I know. But to be honest, at the end of the day, if I had to only pick certain things, I would want them to work on a new Expansion. It all boils down to resources. I wonder how much they have now that XIV is running
    Hopefully just as much prior to FFXIV, if not more considering FFXI is the only reason FFXIV still exists.
    (0)

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Allowing a pet to actually participate in a skill chain would be no greater an advantage then a summoner that can now keep their summons out without cost.

They can use their summons and maintain TP just as a bst can with their pet.

Summors do not have a time limit their summons can be out, if attacked a summoners summon attacks the aggressive mob, their summons cost the summoner mp which is restored after a few ticks, summoners summons can be used in skill chains and targeting weaknesses.

If it comes to balance the summoner is fully loaded while the bst just finally got a pet that's EM to their level after 6 years.

No hard feelings to Carrie but they nerfed bst and turned them into "Party" jobs when people got lazy and didn't want to solo. Now they are turning it back into some what of a soloable job again. Even though half the people playing it now level it through Abyssea and are clueless how to really play it lol
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Character
    Fadnog
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'm not too experienced with SMN or PUP but, I'm pretty sure their pets aren't any where near as sturdy as our pets are.

PUP also has a 20 min recast on there puppet, though they got that dues machina(sp?) thing but I'm pretty sure they come out in a weakened state.

SMNs... well how often do you see a SMN meleeing and doing enough damage to keep up with DDs with their attacks.

From what I see its like:
    PUP has more damage output from player. (Though there is the mage puppet i guess.)
    SMN has more damage output from the pet.
    and as BST i think we kinda fall in the middle with about 50% damage on both us and pets.

Though this is more from a theoretical stand point.

Not posting this just to be a kill joy or anything cause i don't want to start a violent argument or anything.
    Simply trying to point out balance issues so we can find a way around it to make the idea more plausible.
    (0)
    - Fadnog -
    BST99 BLU99

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadnog View Post
    I'm not too experienced with SMN or PUP but, I'm pretty sure their pets aren't any where near as sturdy as our pets are.

PUP also has a 20 min recast on there puppet, though they got that dues machina(sp?) thing but I'm pretty sure they come out in a weakened state.

SMNs... well how often do you see a SMN meleeing and doing enough damage to keep up with DDs with their attacks.

From what I see its like:
    PUP has more damage output from player. (Though there is the mage puppet i guess.)
    SMN has more damage output from the pet.
    and as BST i think we kinda fall in the middle with about 50% damage on both us and pets.

Though this is more from a theoretical stand point.

Not posting this just to be a kill joy or anything cause i don't want to start a violent argument or anything.
    Simply trying to point out balance issues so we can find a way around it to make the idea more plausible.
    I'm not near getting into a violent argument w/ you Fadnog. You are a fantastic BST!!
    I've read some of the descussion on the pup forums. The weapon they got in heroes gives 10/tic regain to the automaton. they can carry this in and out of abyssea. Combine this w/ tactical switch and they are spamming the Weaponskills. Automatons are very configurable, but they can be quite sturdy and compare to the master quite well also.

I just don't think there is any game balance worries at all in giving bst/pet skillchains.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xilk; 03-09-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: spelling/grammer
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast