Descriptive Mission/Quest Log

I would like the Mission/Quest log to further elaborate on what it is we need to do or where we need to go next.

For example, in the Bastok Mission 6-1 "Return of the Talekeeper" log, it says:

"A new Talekeeper is rumored to have appeared among the Galka. Speak to Medicine Eagle, the Mines District guard on post near the entrance to Ore Street, for further details."

That is very descriptive....but only for the very first part. There is a lot more to do to finish the mission. Each time you finish one portion of the mission, the Mission/Quest Log should update with precise details on what to do next.
    (0)
    Last edited by Linh; 03-24-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Character
    Meare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Usually, each NPC you speak to in a quest gives you precise details on what you have to do next. Just have to read.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by HFX7686 View Post
    Usually, each NPC you speak to in a quest gives you precise details on what you have to do next. Just have to read.
    not only that but i believe goblin footprints replay cses and so do the bards
    (0)

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Fortunately a lot of people already figured out all the details of the quests/missions from a long time ago so all the instructions are on ffxiclopedia.org, so the more detail in the quest log is probably not needed. What I would prefer the quest logs to have is an auto-sort feature so that you can place them in alphabetical order or maybe it can have something to keep track of all the quests you've done in that nation out of how many are from that nation total.

I'm a quest junkie myself so I have to manually keep track of how many quests I've done as I want to try to complete them all in time or as many as I can in my entire FFXI career. I managed to keep track on a wiki account after taking sometime to find each quest in my log while it's not in alphabetical order using a quest template that is made on wiki. This took me quite a long time to do and I have to manually update it every time I complete a new quest. I would even be satisfied if there's a quest NPC in each nation/zone that keeps track of it all for you sort of like the NPCs in each Abyssea zones.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HFX7686 View Post
    And sometimes they don't, those missions/quests are so confusing. Thank god for FFXIclopedia.
    (0)