Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Add AoE Barspells for Rune fencer.

Would adding these spells be in any way overpowering Rune Fencer? If not, please consider in either adding or replacing it with single target barspells. This would come in handy in party situations against NM that casts various elemental spells.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It wouldn't be OP, imo.
    Though it's pretty much the only reason to /whm.... well... them and RR.

Though if I had to choose something to give to RUN's spell list.....
    Bar-light and Bar-dark.
    Why is RUN's only unique spell Foil? GEO got a bajillion unique spells... All the magic casters have unique spells... Though nowadays... I think PLD and RUN only have 1 unique each...
    But given how RUN is the "magic tank" why is BRD still the only one with a bar-light and bar-dark?
    (Though I realize that a 99 RUN with 3 lux/tenebraes on them makes Alexander and Odin's light and dark magics cry... Run still exists for 98 other levels and really should have gotten those two bar-spells.)
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As long as they don't remove single target barspells, AoE barspells would be rather handy. I definitely think barlight and bardark should be added as well.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I still don't understand why so many buffs have self target only and aoe versions. It's like it was deliberately designed to keep rdm soloing and they just imported it over to run.
    (0)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well, Rune is set up mostly for self preservation with a couple aoe job effects. We get the bar-aga via /whm as well as more divine spells and the ability to self cure and remove enfeebling effects. Then again its /sam if you're a backup "dd". Otherwise /whm on Rune seems to be the inverted equivalent to /war on Pld. As I see it, Pld will more likely get Stoneskin before Rune gets bar-aga spells
    (0)

Don't think I've ever gone /WHM... and I gave up on /SAM a long time ago (eww recast under hasso!).

/WAR will tend to offer you everything that you need. /DRK is a better option than /SAM in some cases even. Resolution sucks if your att is low, so berserk or last resort offer more than hasso.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Don't think I've ever gone /WHM... and I gave up on /SAM a long time ago (eww recast under hasso!).

/WAR will tend to offer you everything that you need. /DRK is a better option than /SAM in some cases even. Resolution sucks if your att is low, so berserk or last resort offer more than hasso.
    Yeah me either.
    The /job I prefer is /rdm. Almost 2s SS? Haste? <<Yes, Please!>>

I remember when RUN first came out... I told ppl /sam is the devil... you'll just die from having no spells...
    Was in a pt with a guy who was all "nah man /sam for all 2handed stuff"...
    He died in like 2s because the NM wiped his SS and then interrupted him when he tried to cast regen4.

Never tried /drk... but that might be good for DDing as RUN. (never had any problems with small Resolutions though as /rdm... but Bereaver likes resolutions ^^)
    (0)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've played with /sam when I was trying to get Rune leveled when it came out to take Gs to its new cap and made use of Seigan + Eye alot in worm parties. Used /pld until lv 30 and briefly again while farming leach's in the sewers.

I played with /whm when it came to fighting with Amarok (to remove paralyse or poison if it did land). Its ok, I get access to banish I & II, Dia I & II, banishaga I & II, daiaga, haste, reraise, cure 1~4, Divine seal for emergencies, Repose, every stat cure and bar-aga up to lv 49 on whm. Rune doesn't have native dark, enfeebling, or elemental magic skills so I keep my spell list limited to mostly enhancing and Divine. For now I've only been using Run/whm to farm reives in some gates, some Abyssea NM's, and to help skill my divine magics. I have not tried it but how practical would Run/whm be as a sidearm for a pld tank? Not as much dmg so it won't easily steal hate. It can resist and evade most atacks and apply some first aid to pld.

I don't think the adjustment for Last Resort was out by the time most folks was leveling rune. While I recently toyed with getting the dmg boost and haste from /drk, I'd need a healer near by for when I would take to much damage. In aby farming /drk I'm double stacking regen atmas but that's in Abyssea.

If anything I still need to get more accessories to enhance buffs and that Flume belt. I know some folks went /nin when it came to farming in thf-ish gear macros but I have no idea what the output on that would be.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kote; 10-31-2013 at 07:04 AM.

We tried ADL, so I went RUN in an attempt to avoid death. Unfortunately I hadn't played RUN since ~a week after the merits/AF came out so I was a little rusty. Forgot I could use Sforzo to negate ele damage, forgot to use OFA, even forgot about battuta and phalanx >.>

Anyway, I went run/drk for extra stuns (for the record, stun landed every time, using bereaver). Didn't use souleater, can't remember if I used last resort (I certainly didn't cancel it when I was the only one standing).

The fight was a wipe, primarily due to 4 reasons:

1) We only had 1 monk (7 of us, run, drk, mnk, drg, whm smn smn)

2) We said for first smn to stun at 90%, but they stunned at 99%, right after drk used stun, so it had no effect.

3) Whm had no ilvl gear, so went down fast form AOEs.

4) And finally, because I forgot what I was doing on RUN, so I failed to keep myself alive ><
    (0)

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Been going /whm, but only for isgebind farming (Kur's Chaos Blade curse effect sucks rocks), otherwise I usually go either /DNC, /RDM, or /WAR, depending on what I'm doing. It's funny that I'm having more problems with Kur than Isgy. It's also fun snoozing my way through Apademak. Hopefully I'll be able to finish those two so I can get WF and Hi unlocked.

RUN/DNC with a tarutaru TH sash is a fairly decent Dyna farming job actually. Plenty of JAs for procs, waltzes for burst healing, regen IV otherwise.
    (1)