Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Dear SE...

I see... Wonder if they are going to make it more worth our time to actually farm the sacred kindred crests then. It was one thing to have farmed up the previous seals through experience parties or for conquest/imperial standing, which was in addition too. But it's another to just kill aimlessly with no other gain. These dont drop during reives and their isn't a global conquest system in Adoulin to help any of the existing systems. I understand they made the requirement low for these reasons but my luck is terrible and in just the couple dozen mobs I killed through the areas already, I haven't seen one SKC yet. Granted, I was not THF for any of these kills, but even still, I can get a seal/crest out of 1/10 mobs killed.

I short, I haven't tried hard enough really... And I still don't see a point too. Much like Meebles or Salvage 2.0, they will only take the gear up to make it side gear to something new they'll be releasing at the same time or close behind. I thought they were going to make Salvage gear into +2 as well, since why stop at +1 when they have all these other +2 gear mechanics in the game. Seems I was wrong about that. #dreamscrushed hahaha
    (2)

Player
    I would not lose faith in these pieces so quickly only because we have always used JSE for its job specific effects, not every piece will be amazing, but the ones that are already good are sure to get better with 119, and since the usual item level 'stat vomit' should follow along, I think we will end up seeing them as very good pieces for time to come.

The fact they made the stats so similar to everything else in Adoulin already gives me hope personally that they will remain relevant even next to their Relic and Empyrean counterparts because unlike Relic +2, their stats are already made to be similar, where as Relic gear was mostly upgraded to 90 with its old stats, which had long since been discarded, such as DRKs getting MND or MAB on their gear.

So far as farming them goes, we have a few methods we can use. If you are having issues with getting drops, I have a suggestion you can try. Though it may yield few SKCs themselves, you can get others to trade in for SKCs following the next update, since I think that is when the ability to do the exchange for those will be added. The suggestion is, the items drop from every mob at 100+, Abyssea mobs, especially in Heroes areas, can hit 100+, and since the drop amount is based on the number of people in the party, you could try asking friends and LS-mates if they want to come to a free Fell Cleave like party, free of charge or anything like that, but you want all seal like items. This should increase the number of drops you get to the maximum, give you a place with high level monsters, enough to get the seals at least, and let you kill not only fast, but in large numbers too. Also, you get to help out people with some free XP. If it works, everyone should win.
    (4)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephrose View Post
    I see... Wonder if they are going to make it more worth our time to actually farm the sacred kindred crests then. It was one thing to have farmed up the previous seals through experience parties or for conquest/imperial standing, which was in addition too. But it's another to just kill aimlessly with no other gain. These dont drop during reives and their isn't a global conquest system in Adoulin to help any of the existing systems. I understand they made the requirement low for these reasons but my luck is terrible and in just the couple dozen mobs I killed through the areas already, I haven't seen one SKC yet. Granted, I was not THF for any of these kills, but even still, I can get a seal/crest out of 1/10 mobs killed.

I short, I haven't tried hard enough really... And I still don't see a point too. Much like Meebles or Salvage 2.0, they will only take the gear up to make it side gear to something new they'll be releasing at the same time or close behind. I thought they were going to make Salvage gear into +2 as well, since why stop at +1 when they have all these other +2 gear mechanics in the game. Seems I was wrong about that. #dreamscrushed hahaha
    SKC's drop in Rala Skirmish and Cirdas. I've picked them up in both.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    SKC's drop in Rala Skirmish and Cirdas. I've picked them up in both.
    Let me just make this a bit more specific for you, if its level is at 100 or above, no matter the area, if it drops seals, it drop SKCs. This includes Abyssea, SoA, even the Worms and Adamantoise in Gustav, if its 100+, it drops them, just the higher the level the higher the drop rate.
    (1)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Let me just make this a bit more specific for you, if its level is at 100 or above, no matter the area, if it drops seals, it drop SKCs. This includes Abyssea, SoA, even the Worms and Adamantoise in Gustav, if its 100+, it drops them, just the higher the level the higher the drop rate.
    Yup, I can confirm this, had one drop in abyssea-ule yesterday... but only one in the ~3hours i was there
    (0)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Hmm, Doing Cirdas Skirmish for seals isn't a bad idea and for the effort needed you're getting a double or triple reward depending on what you're looking for. But then it would all come down to drop rate from the mobs inside. Honestly, farming up seals needed to go farm up more seals for something else doesn't sound appealing, even in the short or long term. Think I'm just going to stray away from that mess all together.
    (0)

Character
    Bukadan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Obtaining the AF upgrade stuff isn't the part i'm worried about. it's that 90% of this gear is useless right now. I see no reason to upgrade them at all. For 119 i hope they make extremely hard content (likeness to delve, but harder, thus more fun) and actually have useful stats, even just got macro peices. if the next content wave doesnt have something more challenging than current delve (8-9 man delve as it is, that's low man content enough for me) then i'll probably unsubscribe because logging on to do boring events that dont even test my limits is getting old.
    (4)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Though it may yield few SKCs themselves, you can get others to trade in for SKCs following the next update, since I think that is when the ability to do the exchange for those will be added.
    Dear God I hope you're right... I just spent all day today (11-19) farming up these...
    I got 2.
    :[
    I have about 2-3k of the other seals combined...
    Have 0 reason to ever use them.

Maybe if they allow us to trade you'll see more than a handful of PLDs with RF1.
    (I say PLD, because I've seen a person or two with 1-2 pieces in other jobs... but I've seen about 5 PLDs with the body... And even then... 5/1200ish ppl on Odin? That's barely better than Claustrum numbers...)
    Some of us still have WKRs to get stuff from... or Delve to get stuff from... or a myriad of other possible things to get stuff from... (not to mention if you have friends who are new and you are not)
    Adding the exchange which should have been day1...
    I can't tell you how much I hope you're right.

EDIT: I should probably say that I got about 40 more "dead" seal drops... (about 20 of each, Kindred Crests and High Kindred Crests)
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-20-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6