Thread: New 1 hours

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Well hell, even if it doubled the potency of the enfeeble, then its just Elemental Seal fused with Saboteur.

Like I said before. Even if it was 1.5x multiplier on potency, 3 minute duration, and that was it, it would have been at least decent. Double potency with 3min duration would have been really nice. I can understand why duration was not included, and that's because of Composure and our gear which enhances duration. I mean, if you think about it, say for instance I use that then Haste myself, I just got a 30% Haste Effect which lasts about 25 minutes, admittedly, that is a bit overpowered. On the other hand, without the duration bonus. This could have been great for buffing parties as well as giving RDM melee a great boost. 40% Double Attack, 30% Haste, 50STR, so on, but the thing is that all but Haste is basically self cast, about the only other things which could possibly be overpowered would be Protect, Shell, and Phalanx. Phalanx would become 70 Damage Reduction, not overpowered, but quite powerful all the same, fair in my book, however Protect for 350 DEF could be a bit overboard, and Shell with near capped MDT alone, yeah, bit OP. The thing is, they can limit this kind of stuff, the effects with certain things, I mean Composure doesn't work with Protect/Shell, why would this have to? They could balance it easy.
    Oh no I meant rdm debuffs need a serious reworking period. Not with some ja but have their strength increased alot. I mean it's about time we rectified the fact that a lvl 59 naked brd can outslow a fully merited and geared 99 rdm.

And it's also about time we made it so saboteur worked on all enfeebles and that it wasn't gimped against nms.

Anyways still thinking at least some duration increase would've been fine at least when the original one was being discussed. I mean the haste for example at the time could only go to just under 6 minutes for others while this was back when embrava was much much more haste and other goodies at 12.5 minutes. I mean I was hoping they would make it on par with other 2hrs not just decent. But at least decent was way better than the garbage we got now
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I've never seen RDMs doing CSS in delve in the runs I've been on. Generally stuns are all done by SCH/BLM. RDMs have often been /SCH for the extra dark magic skill and stratagems for casting Impact. While you're right that this wouldn't affect impact, it would (I assume) be stackable with Saboteur to prevent that "OFFS" moment when the spell you land 90% of the time decided to get resisted when you used Saboteur, as is sod's law.
    dark skill doesn't help impact so there is that... the little extra elemental skill will help but we are only talking about 26 more skill unless your rdm isn't capped. Most runs I see rdms helping out with stuns not necessarily chaining them but free stunning when they aren't in the middle of buff or debuff cycles and when I did it I'd impact away and on most non boss nms I had fairly decent accuracy before the ilvl update
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Break is a joke as the player version of petrify wears the moment the target takes damage, even DoT effects.
    Break is a joke but DoT effects don't take it off only direct dmg. Making it about .01% more effective than sleep but with crappier duration
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    CS stun is one way to deal with scorpion under 50%. It can probably be used on peiste or orobon but SCH stuns are just as good for those.
    OK, I'm still awaiting a bee run myself >.> narrowly missed out on the first shout I've seen in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Break is a joke but DoT effects don't take it off only direct dmg. Making it about .01% more effective than sleep but with crappier duration
    Useful for the time that someone accidentally targets the wrong target with a DoT spell.
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 11-01-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    I hope you are prepared for how catastrophically unhappy this is going to make a lot of people. Not only red mages are going to be angered by this, but the rest of the XI community will be disgusted at how developers have ignored us YET AGAIN.

Demon's post above will represent the feelings of a lot of people. This is not acceptable.

(edit) Or, rather, would have represented, were it still there...

Funny you should speak for "the rest of the XI community", because I, as a member of said community, don't care.
    (0)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Rdm/Sch

Dark arts, Manifestation, Stymie

Breakga on any NMs or group of mobs for super long duration unless some dummy AoEs. wouldn't this be good on ADL or something
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    Rdm/Sch

Dark arts, Manifestation, Stymie

Breakga on any NMs or group of mobs for super long duration unless some dummy AoEs. wouldn't this be good on ADL or something
    It might be ok on a couple of old content stuff if it actually works like that. But some things like say saboteur only work on main target when you manifestation
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Not sure if this is still the case nowadays, but at some point Saboteur was determined at one point to not carry its effects on non-targeted mobs with an AoE spell like Sleepga (the targeted mob will stay asleep longer than everything else). However, if Saboteur+Manifestation+Sleep is used instead, it will still take effect on every target hit (all mobs will stay asleep for the same amount of time, barring resists).
    (3)

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sadly this isn't true. Try using a SCH helix spell, followed by break.
    (1)

Character
    Snprphnx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hey Camate,

Whats with the new Ranger SP. It says it enhances both Double Shot AND Triple Shot. But Ranger does not have access to Triple Shot.
    (2)

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast