Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

Multiple Mission Battlefields Missing Opening Cutscne--Two Year Anniversary Edition!

While I'm on the subject of missing battlefield cutscenes, I note that this one is both still unresolved and unlisted in any of the new bug-report forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilien View Post
    Missing "Moon Reading" cutscene

Platform: Windows
    ISP: Telia
    Type of Internet Connection: ADSL
    Internet Connection Speed: 8Mbps
    Date & Time: Oct. 16, 2011 23:40 CET
    Frequency: At least once
    Character Name: Isilien
    Race: ElvaanF
    World: Cerberus
    Main Job: DRG91
    Support Job: SAM
    Area and Coordinates: Full Moon Fountain
    Party or Solo: Party with 3 members
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None

Steps:
    1: Accepted the 9-2 Windurst mission, Moon Reading.
    2: Went to Chamber of Oracles to get the cutscene.
    3: Went to Temple of Uggalepih.
    4: Went to Ro'Maeve.
    5: Returned to Windurst, was told to go to the Full Moon Fountain.
    6: I go there with two party members, I initiate the battlefield, which I have never done before since I just got Windurst rank 9 today.
    7: I stand there wondering why the other two are just standing still, and why there is no cutscene. Turns out there is one, just I didn't get it.
    8: We finish the battle, I return to check the goblin footprints, I want to see that cutscene. But I can't check it out there, either.

I am rank 10 San d'Oria and Bastok, it skipped the cutscenes in Throne Room for 5-2 as well, but I could live with that, I've seen it.
    But for the Windurst mission, I want my missing cutscene.
    I have painstakingly pinned down the exact actions to trigger this in another thread, specifically:

1. It only affects the first player to enter the battlefield
    2. It can be worked around if, after all others have entered, the affected player leaves the battlefield and the area and comes back in (where possible)

And also I added other affected battlefields when I found them:

Full Moon Fountain--"Moon Reading"
    Throne Room--"Where Two Paths Converge"
    Stellar Fulcrum--"Return to Delkfutt's Tower"

This issue was already addressed (most effectively) where it affected the Rank 5 Final Mission in Throne Room. It would be really nice if you finally got around to fixing this bug that's been affecting new players for years
    (0)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 10-15-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!