Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrien
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing that up. Have you decided how much HP is recovered for xx TP?
    Didn't put to much thought in it because I was thinking to make it similar like Chivalry. I suppose anything less than 100TP can be equivalent to Cure IV. 200TP equivalent to Cure V, and 300TP equivalent to Cure VI. Perhaps it is to powerful, but I think the cost of both TP and MP is justifiable to make it aoe.
    (0)
    Last edited by Andrien; 07-29-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Did I see Terror and Paladin in the OP?

Good christ.
    (0)

Character
    Xpeacekeeper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    First off, Paladin doesn't "need" a new way to obtain hate, I wouldn't complain if we had one, but we cap hate quickly, and lose it the slowest of anyone around the mob. The problem is generally that when we're the only ones being hit, we're then the only ones losing hate. Increasing the overall enmity cap or the enmity cap for PLD on a job ability could be one way to "adjust" the problem, as would giving either PLD the ability to wipe alliance hate on the target, or allowing other jobs to lower their hate themselves much like BLM already can. In addition, Cover can be a wonderful ability, and I'd like to be able to use it across my alliance.
    (0)

Character
    Nightdew
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    1 Job Trait: Shield Mastery IV

1 Job Ability: Berserker ( a [Full Attack!] mode, in case the problem would not be dying but to kill the enemy (at least in this current era) --> incapacity to use JA and Spells in change for a great boost in Attack & Haste)

1 Spell: Sancta (to use in pair with Divine Emblem, making it worth to be used & boosting another bit damage dealt)

1 Weapon Skill: Chant du Cygne is a good one, nothing to complain on this side. Maybe a boost to Cannibal Blade.
    (0)
    "People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."

Character
    Dakrey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Defense Bonus traits: Change to -physical damage taken%, maybe 2% per trait level to a total of 10%. Raise the max -PDT% for Paladin to 60% (there'd be no point in keeping at 50%, we can hit 50% already and the traits would be wasted).

Cover: Change to a Job Ability that you use on yourself and covers anyone currently close behind you - the monsters focus bounces around a lot when everyone has capped hate, having to choose only one person you can cover is pretty useless in this current state.

Divine Emblem: Spells cast with Divine Emblem active can exceed the hate cap. This means that casting DE+Flash when everyone has capped hate will put you a head above the rest for about 30 seconds until that hate decays. Being able to do this once every 10mins is fine.

Raising the hate cap overall will change nothing.
    Raising the hate cap for just PLD will be overpowering as once PLD cap hate, no-one would every be at risk of pulling the mob from them again and could completely open up.

Introducing more monsters that punish hate jumping from player to player would be nice and encourage Damage Dealing classes to hold back a little. Its a team game, you don't tank alone - you tank with your party. For example Fafnir or Nidhogg using Spike Flail. This used to be a devastating attack that occurred if hate was bouncing around and got to someone behind the mob - people held back just that little bit to make sure it didn't happen. The usage of Divine Emblem that I proposed would allow DDs to ride much closer to the hate cap than in the past, but also provide a small window of opportunity to set up a devastating SC+MB combo on a mob while keeping things safe.

A light based weapon skill like Sanguine Blade but converting the damage to MP instead of HP would be nice.

Flash II or some equivalent JA that we can use like Flash or Provoke to reach the hate cap a little quicker at the start of a fight.

New merits: Enhanced Reprisal - with Reprisal active you can block magic damage as if it were a physical attack. Magic Damage reduction on shield block 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% (Merited 1-5 times)

Thats all I can think of right now that I feel would be balanced.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak_Rey View Post

New merits: Enhanced Reprisal - with Reprisal active you can block magic damage as if it were a physical attack. Magic Damage reduction on shield block 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% (Merited 1-5 times)

Thats all I can think of right now that I feel would be balanced.
    No thanks. But Aegis is there if you like this sort of thing.
    (0)

Character
    Judge
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I'd like to see PLD become more independent.

any blink tank with a healer can tank most anything in the game atm. why should PLD ( a natural tank with healing power) require the assistance of a mage all the time.

Job Trait: Indomitable
    Auto-regen(1 a tick) increases with level of enmity (cap around 10-12)

Job Trait: Restore
    Like a reverse sublimation. Slowly eats up 50% of your max MP to create a HP storage of double the MP. 300 MP = 600 HP.
    (with as many refresh options pld has now its not a bad idea)

Job Ability: Vigilant Eye
    You will parry the next WS used against you 100% (1 minute recast)

Job Ability: indemnify
    [Cost] 50 TP
    Reflect the total dmg of the next 3 hits you receive. (10 minute timer seems reasonable)
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I'd like to see PLD become more independent.

any blink tank with a healer can tank most anything in the game atm. why should PLD ( a natural tank with healing power) require the assistance of a mage all the time.

Job Trait: Indomitable

Auto-regen(1 a tick) increases with level of enmity (cap around 10-12)

Job Trait: Restore
    Like a reverse sublimation. Slowly eats up 50% of your max MP to create a HP storage of double the MP. 300 MP = 600 HP.
    (with as many refresh options pld has now its not a bad idea)

Job Ability: Vigilant Eye
    You will parry the next WS used against you 100% (1 minute recast)

Job Ability: indemnify
    [Cost] 50 TP
    Reflect the total dmg of the next 3 hits you receive. (10 minute timer seems reasonable)
    If you're talking about inside Abyssea, war/sam/mnk/pld should all be subbing war.
    if its outside Abyssea, VW, Blink tanking doesn't hold water as well as most people think compared to pld/war bloodtanking.

PLD is already independent enough. can solo almost all oldschool HNMs outside Abyssea and inside its a slow killing machine that can't be killed by most mobs unless they have terror, petrify/break/death and nasty en-spells or spikes. But even then, there are atmas to mitigate the harm from such.

PLD also doesn't have much trouble against physical ws's. 40% of the time, your average PLD will them. A properly geared PLD will block at least 70% of them, and an Ochain PLD should block them all.

Ochain isn't hard to get. It is quickly becoming a standard "must have" item for any serious PLD. It doesn't take more than 2 months to get in a game most people have played for at least 4-5 years.

If Aegis was as easy to get as Ochain is now, an Aegisless PLD wouldn't even be considered a PLD.

get an ochain.
    (0)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Job Trait: Crusader

Damage taken as the main target of any spell or action is reduced by 5%. Tier1 Lv. 50, Tier 2 Lv. 65, Tier 3 Lv. 80,
    Tier 4 Lv. 95, Tier 5 Lv. 99. Progression: 5%, 7%, 10%, 12%, 15% total damage reduction at Lv. 99.
    Only effects area of effect damage when the Palidin is the target of the spell or ability.

Job Ability: Rally

Party members within range receive an attack bonus and critical hit damage bonus of 5%, while under the effect of
    Rally players will not generate enmity. PLD receives no buffs but can still generate enmity
    Duration: Merit 1: 30 seconds, Recast: 3 minutes. Each additional merit increases duration by 5 seconds to a max of
    50 seconds and reduces recast by 10 seconds to a minimum of 2 minutes 20 seconds

Spell: Awe

Recast 30 seconds, casting time .5, MP cost 45. Generates 750 Volitile Enmity.
    Effect: Paralyzes an enemy and reduces HP based on Divine Magic Skill.
    Minimum DOT 15 light damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Maximum DOT at Lv. 99 capped skill 75 damage
    Every 3 seconds for 15 seconds.
    Accuracy and duration of paralysis effect based on MND.

Weapon Skill: Seven Deadly Sins

Delivers a seven fold attack, chance of critical hit varies with TP. Additional effect: chance to embue 1 of 7 debuffs:
    Slow, Gavity, Weakened Attack, Blindness, Plague, Weakened Defence, Paralysis. Type of debuff varies with day of
    the week and moon phase. 7% chance. Lv. 99 Sword Skill 425, Palidin only. Each job would in turn receive their own
    Specialized weapon skill at 99 at their own respective final skill cap.
    (0)
    Last edited by AldielQuetz; 08-28-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    Nihonjin ga daisuki desu hohoho! m(_ _)m

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    In my dream world, Altana herself would come down from Paradise, wave her hand, and make DEF as useful as ATK. You'd see people subbing PLD other than soloing RDM's, and you'd see WARs running around with adaman plate and shields.

But, as for suggestions where I limit myself to the realistic...
    • Let us swap out shields without losing TP
    • Increase the proc rate cap on shields
    • Increase the proc rate cap on size 4 shields
    • Give us a Walk of Echoes shield to go with our ghetto Almace
    • Drop the other shoe and turn "Defense Bonus" job trait into -PDT
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast