Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Minor gripe: it doesn't just work in the main hand only. It works just fine in the off hand, just that it works for THAT weapon only.

The intent wasn't to discourage Dual Wield, it was to make it so that you can't wield two of those things and have sword skill +324 or whatever it would be.
    That was my fault for writing it as Main Hand: Current hand or something equalivent would work. The intent WAS to discourage Dual Wield when I mentioned it regarding magic. accuracy. They just stated that. I was not speaking on Sword Skill+ or Parrying Skill+. This thread is about Magic Accuracy, I didn't think it needed to be reiterated.
    (0)

Player
    Wouldnt it be better to just raise the magic skill cap? Magic accuracy is good and all but it does nothing for the potency of certain spells like drain/aspir/stoneskiln/endark/cure spells/embrava...just to name a few. I think we're missing a larger underlying problem here, if we are supposed to be level 120 or whatever, all of our respective magic skill level caps should be raised to that level. What does magic accuracy do for any support spells? (i.e. cure, protect, shell, phalanx etc...) There's also the problem of spell interruption rate, magic accuracy doesn't affect that either.
    (3)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Spell Interrupt was actually patched into Item Level weapons a patch or two ago but I agree with the other issues you brought up I wish they'd address the various scaling issues.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    Wouldnt it be better to just raise the magic skill cap? Magic accuracy is good and all but it does nothing for the potency of certain spells like drain/aspir/stoneskiln/endark/cure spells/embrava...just to name a few. I think we're missing a larger underlying problem here, if we are supposed to be level 120 or whatever, all of our respective magic skill level caps should be raised to that level. What does magic accuracy do for any support spells? (i.e. cure, protect, shell, phalanx etc...) There's also the problem of spell interruption rate, magic accuracy doesn't affect that either.
    It's like I've said as soon as they announced it, ilvl is the stupidest thing they've ever done. Is there one person (who actually plays) that thought leveling by gear was smart? I sure hope not.

Anyone that does obviously forgets about all the details mentioned here, and encumber, and the fact that it's required, not optional.

I mean seriously, someone needs to be drug into the street and beaten with a bag of oranges.
    (8)

Player
    The problem with Item Levels in general is that there are so many things that would need to be enhanced by a single piece of gear to make up for the levels not truly gotten that its impossible to fit it all on only a few pieces of gear, there are just to many stats in the game to account for in order to balance it all properly at this point.
    (9)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Well if the mobs had such a high difficulty level that they had to add ilevels to be able to beat them, then they should have done one of two things, either unlock all the merit categories so we could merit everything, or and this would have been good too, scale back the strength of the mobs so they con the same at 99 without ilevels as they do now with ilevels. Bayld armor could have been put as an option to +1 aby armor, skirmish armor could have been made to be a side grade to +2 aby armor, skirmish weapons could have been compatible with the elemental trial weapons, and delve weapons could have have been comparable to the level 90 and 95 trialed RMEs. The whole ilevel thing was any easy way out for developers and programmers, but of course in the end it bit them in the ass, as they are having to revamp the old weapons and content anyway. It was basically just a lack of forethought on the part of the development team
    (7)
    Last edited by predatory; 10-16-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    WOuldn't it be waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy easier to just boost magic accuracy in general for the jobs that need it? This iLevel crap is insanely convoluted crap.
    (5)

Player
    It would be way easier to just balance the content for level 99 and get rid of ilevels to begin with...
    (8)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The mess has been done. There is no way they can implement another growth system now.
    They would have to change all the current items in game and how would they justify it?
    They made a really serious damage to FFXI with really little possibility to put back the pieces together.
    (3)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohno View Post
    The mess has been done. There is no way they can implement another growth system now.
    They would have to change all the current items in game and how would they justify it?
    They made a really serious damage to FFXI with really little possibility to put back the pieces together.
    I think it's never too late, especially when the system causes such a rapid decline in play and overwhelming sense of dissatisfaction. Everyone is human and makes mistakes, including developers/producers. It's all in how you deal with those mistakes after the fact.

In my opinion, I'd prefer they just revamp all the item level stuff. They've already done a lot of it adding skill, evasion and parrying. Spell interruption rate, now magic accuracy and again to add m.acc stats and R/M/E upgrades. They will continue to have to change everything each time we complain we are missing something fundamental to leveling up normally and gear is already getting ridiculous that it needs two pages to even see what all is on it.

From a public relations standpoint, I would just apologize that the plan didn't work out. Issue out some kupons for popular stuff that's not too game breaking and throw in some exp, bcnm, abyssea campaigns. Even another welcome back campaign to appeal to people who left when this all started. Make a merit based system that focuses on using SoA content to unlock brackets of it, even exp in SoA events only.

Make the Adoulin gear range from equivalents to 99 gear that would get you into groups from bayld. Escalate the rest from there that beat everything older (99 rare items before SoA) over time. I don't think anyone had an issue with gear eventually being outdated but it was a hard stop and threw almost everything worked on in Voidwatch, Legion, Meeble Burrows, Salvage II, NNI and Abyssea out the window all at once. And essentially told everyone to start mostly from scratch.

What I miss more than anything though is storyline. This game pulled me in with the story over the years. From the 3 Nations, the Zilart, Promathia, Aht Urghan, hell contrary to belief even the past had a lot of history and story even though the main story was kinda so so. Adoulin is so dry on story. I don't feel connection to these NPCs, I don't feel connected to Colonization like I did with Besieged or Campaign. I don't understand Skirmish and Delve at all story wise, and what dimension this is and why we are even going there. There are hints to an underworld but I don't even get that. Adoulin was supposed to be the place where Dragoons weren't extinct. What happened to that?
    (5)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast