Any chance of reduced sub for XI again if subbed to XIV?

Long time XI player here, almost 9 years now, and been with XIV since 2011 now. I know SE used to have that old "promotion" many moons ago, until they realized XIV really wasn't playable nor in a state worthy of requiring money, but I was curious if there's an off chance to revisit it as a more permanent option, now that ARR is out.

Both games will hit slumps during patch dry spells, as currently seen with XIV and it's endgame, while XI is about to be patched yet again with more content, so I see merit in keeping both subbed as a player due to the situation can be reversed back and forth between both games being patched at different times. I also think it would be a great boon to XI's waning population, as lowered fees is a great incentive to get players back onboard even casually, in this modern age of budget tightening.

Also, on the subject of reduced subs for XI, is there any possibility we can get like XIV and most 2005+ MMOs have where if you pay bulk in advance ala 6 months, the sub fee will be lowered even more than normal? After years of throwing money at XI, I was pleasantly suprised by how much money I was going to save by paying for half a year of XIV compared to month to month, so I jumped on it pretty fast. I'd imagine others might do the same if it was an option for XI, just due to options to save money being presented.

Would love to hear some feedback on these two things, as I see them as positive suggestions to help XI, as well as SE.
    (22)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    +1

I would also love to see the return of this promotion.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    There need to be more ties between XI and XIV than (just) a subscription discount. A unified /friendlist would be a nice start.
    (3)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Giving a friendly bump, as I'm sure others are probably wondering the same thing.
    (0)

5. 11-05-2013 12:17 PM