Character
    Erusidhion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 20

Level Sync Revisit?

Greetings Players and Developers!

I would like to ask for input from both sides if Level Sync should be re-visited. Final Fantasy has been around a long time and lately; there has been a lack of parties because a lot of people are now endgame and there is not really a surplus of newer adventurers anymore.

So I have a solution! Perhaps you should let Party Leaders set the Level Sync level themselves. This would allow friends and family to once again travel Vana'diel and relive the many leveling experiences throughout the game. In order for me to party with friends and family in a certain area, one of us has to have a character at a certain level.

This is becoming quite rare and without the influx of new players we do not have many options. And as much as we love Abyssea and beyond; we would love to visit Old World party camps and level again at our discretion!

I believe this would be both beneficial to older players as well as newer players coming into the game. It might even help stimulate the Auction House if people were to go back to older areas leveling and desired to use the appropriate level gear.

If you allowed this feature to go live; I know many friends and family who would be quite grateful! It would also allow us to experience content that was previously level capped like Chains of Promathia missions, Sky; among other things.

Basically, you know how you set level sync to a party member as a leader already? Perhaps instead of choosing who to sync to, you just set the level for the entire party to sync down to. For example you choose 'Level Sync' in menu, it brings up a menu where you choose/input level; it will set party to that level. And it would be permanently that level until it is changed by the leader, someone leveling would not affect the sync like it does now.

Or as Krashport pointed out, perhaps you could set your character to a certain level individually as well and whether you're in a party or not, you could choose to level in the starting zones to level cap if you truly wanted to.

Thanks to all that may have read this post and hopefully others think it is a good suggestion! Have a great day

Erusidhion, formerly Quintessence/Excenmille of Asura
    (13)
    Last edited by Erusidhion; 10-03-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Something like having the option w/in Level Sync to set our level(s) for self and or party members? "That we've accomplished". If so, I like the idea! ^^b
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This is a really good idea. It would really help those who are struggling to skill up on various weapons or magic skills.
    (0)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Now I'm not going to be the boo boo here by pointing out that everyone would simply level sync to level 10 and spam the starter areas for xp. Assuming that 10 was the minimum sync like it is now.

Take a book page and at level 10 you would be chugging along at half the speed of an abby fell cleave party.

And don't say "Well people wouldn't necessarily want to only level in the same place for months..."
    Because they would. As fell cleaves proved.

People are lazy and will follow the path of least resistance as pointed out many times on these and other forums. Regarding spamming the easiest option to do various stuff.

But on a lighter note.. I say Bring it on!!
    For I am one of those people lol ^^
    (4)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankbrodie View Post
    Now I'm not going to be the boo boo here by pointing out that everyone would simply level sync to level 10 and spam the starter areas for xp. Assuming that 10 was the minimum sync like it is now.

Take a book page and at level 10 you would be chugging along at half the speed of an abby fell cleave party.

And don't say "Well people wouldn't necessarily want to only level in the same place for months..."
    Because they would. As fell cleaves proved.

People are lazy and will follow the path of least resistance as pointed out many times on these and other forums. Regarding spamming the easiest option to do various stuff.

But on a lighter note.. I say Bring it on!!
    For I am one of those people lol ^^

I do believe I concur with all of this.
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I really love this idea. I have stated many times how much I miss leveling and adventuring in the old camps and areas to level. This would a much needed tweek to an already good party system. I like it.
    (1)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    No virtual harm in this system tbh, you can better pace yourself on your skill lvling by fighting mobs at your lvl, undo the sync, and then go up a lvl. It'd make it go by much less boringly, and let people play in other areas that never get any traffic anymore.
    (0)