Character
    Eskamojoe
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Looking for feedback and constructivejob thinking

soooo with log in campaign 3 to a close i have enough points for both my main (PLD) +1 gear and another jobs +1 gear, from my readings the THF (my 2nd preferred job of choice) the +1 aby gear (aside from about 2 pieces hands and feet if i remember right) whole set wont really be necessary as it will be replaced by DELVE/SEEKERs gear any how. Im currently working on my Ochain shield for my PLD and want the ability to solo the NM's (or at least as much as possible) as the requirements for this thing start of with 50 ironclad fights and progress in difficulty from there. My question is this: out of my current 99 jobs (WAR/WHM/RDM/BLM/MNK/THF/ and of course my PLD but im working on +2 for that) and taking into account my race (Galka) what job should i be interested in getting the +1/+2 gear for and whats the reasoning you feel this? If you want to recommend i lvl another job (SMN/NIN/PUP) then thats fine too just justify it and make a good point so i understand as to why, i can always get the seals and +1 and +2 the gear before the job is even 99 i just need a good idea of what direction to go to achieve my goal. Thanks for your input guys
    (0)

Your best option, if you're only soloing your plates, would probably be pup. If you can obtain an alternator, you're set. The ranged auto can take out ironclads pretty easily in about 10-15min. I'd say space out your +1 gearing. Since yorcia skirmish gear is your best choice for tp/WS almost all of the time, only get the +1 peices that affect the job in specific ways, such as bard w/ spellcast time reduction. This way you can gear out more of your jobs without the clutter/wasted login points of the items you won't use. I don't think i use any of my pld af3+2 anymore actually, barring hands for damage reduction, which might not even be worth it w/ the difference in defense between it and cizin.

For pup solo all you really need is the burden decreasing pieces, buffoon's collar, AF3+2 body, and AF hands. (there's the new JSE backpeice too but i don't have it and still never overload). The anwig salade w/ pet haste+5%, dt-10% is also a big help. Grab your attachments and you're set.
    (2)

Character
    Eskamojoe
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    I'd say space out your +1 gearing. Since yorcia skirmish gear is your best choice for tp/WS almost all of the time, only get the +1 pieces that affect the job in specific ways
    so what would be the ideal +1 pieces for the jobs mentioned (im horrible at gearing)....im not so concerned about the mage jobs i simply lvled them as subs or toys to tinker with as time pass's an on a rainy day kind of thing....next thing is how to get into Skirmish haven't even been to yorcia yet and not being geared well would they accept me in a skirmish?
    (0)
    Last edited by korn16ftl3; 10-03-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Yorcia skirmish is a pushover for tier 1 and 2. 3+ you typically want mages or other good AoE damage. All you need to be efficient in T1/2 is a lv 113 wep from plasm/delve. Or if you can find a willing group, get the NQ weapon from cirdas/rala, and upgrade it asap when you get the ki from yorcia skirmish wins.. I find its quite common, 30-40%.

As for the +1 gears, just get the ones that augment specific JAs. Other things like WS/TP are ilvl>all in almost all situations. I just finished all my +1s for 20 jobs... of course now its not much of an accomplishment since most aren't worth using anymore. Although, SE has mentioned AF upgrades.. so maybe we will be seeing an AF4 that comprises all af to date? who knows, only speculation as of now. Long point short, just get the ones that allow to you obtain yorcia gear faster, because that's your no.1 priority after getting an ilvl 113 weapon.
    (2)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Good advice given. I +1'd pieces that were specifically useful to me for a given JA with my points, spent the rest on Skirmish goodies to spam on pieces for later.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Eskamojoe
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    ok so seeing as how it is recommended i space out the +1 gearing i have decided to get about 2 pieces for each of the 3 following jobs (unless you see a job that should have 3 pieces for some reason): PUP (to solo iron clad), THF (gotta keep the farmer geared), and BLM (i have pup for DD and THF is also a semi DD job).

the only +1 gear i KNOW im going to want is the THF feet and the thf hands, seeing as like i have said i am terrible at gearing especially for stat boosting equipment what would be a 2 recommended +1's to get for the BLM and PUP. I do intend on +2ing the gear as well (my pld has a full set of +1 and now the body is +2)

I dont really know what stats are important to BLM to be honest i just leveled it out of sheer boredom and for something to do and to possibly expand with later in the game, as far as PUP i dont even have it unlocked yet but looks to be the best bet at getting those iron plates so im gonna have to do something about that.

to me it looks at tho for pup i should be targeting the hands and head with these stats at the final +2 build:

Head
    DEF: 33 Hand-to-Hand skill +5
    "Double Attack" +3% Haste +6%
    Automaton: TP Bonus
    Set: Attack occ. varies with automaton's HP

Hands:
    DEF: 26 STR +6 DEX +6 AGI +6
    "Store TP" +6 Haste +4%
    Automaton: STR +13 DEX +13 AGI +13
    Set: Attack occ. varies with automaton's HP

and for BLM looking at the +2 final build set it looks like Body and Feet would be good choices with the following stats:

Body:
    DEF: 50 MP +45
    Magic Accuracy +11
    Magic Atk Bonus +11
    Adds "Refresh" effect
    Elemental Magic recast delay -12%
    Set: Augments "Conserve MP"

Feet:
    DEF: 17 INT +10
    Dark Magic Skill +15 Enmity -10
    Enhances "Mana Wall" effect
    Set: Augments "Conserve MP"

So is that about accurate or should i select other pieces? Like i said the only 2 jobs I know well enough to pick gear for and such really are THF and PLD i have spent the most time playing as them so im not really sure what to pick for other jobs.

also this leaves me with 500 extra points...so if a 3erd piece of gear should be upgraded for the above jobs than there is points/time for it as well, if its not necessary then perhaps get a WAR seal.set?
    (0)
    Last edited by korn16ftl3; 10-04-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Basically, at this point the only pieces I'd suggest are ones that are switched in briefly, then swapped back ASAP. You shouldn't be fulltiming in any Abyssea armor at this point- it gets trumped by Adoulin gear simply by terms of raw stats. Sadly, BLM feet don't count because Mana Wall's bonus only applies while the armor is being worn. Stuff like the Quick Draw bonus Navarch's Bottes adds doesn't go away when you swap it, so macroing it in to shoot a monster and then swapping back means it's still worth getting by comparison.

Think about it this way. Abyssea armor is basically level 90 armor.

Adoulin armor is 100+, skirmish and Delve gear 110+. Weatherspoon & Hagondes gear will serve you better in most cases- the only ones it doesn't is where you can swap the gear in for a JA and swap it back out immediately afterwards without losing the benefit. Yes, this means most Aby gear is junk gear at this point until and unless they give us options to upgrade them to Adoulin item levels.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.