Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Rank 5 Mog Garden: MINIMUM 126 interactions a day, 882 a week, needed for assistants!

If you want to use the 3 Mog Garden assistants, this is what you must endure each day to make the most of them (this list assumes you must reselect assistant commands after each harvest; that you NEVER use fertilizers, that you NEVER interact with the moogle to sell items, that your bag NEVER fills up, and that you NEVER are prevented from obtaining an item due to rare status; interactions are not presented in chronological order)

Examine arboreal grove 10 times

Select log/prune 10 times

Speak to Yeestog 10 times

Select aboreal grove 10 times with Yeestog

Select make gathering easier 10 times with Yeestog

Arboreal Grove: minimum of 50 interactions a day (does not include selling items to moogle, and assumes that your bag never hits cap)

Examine mineral vein 10 times

Select mine 10 times

Speak to Yeestog 10 times

Select mineral vein 10 times with Yeestog

Select make gathering easier 10 times with Yeestog

Mineral Vein: minimum of 50 interactions a day (does not include selling items to moogle, and assumes that your bag never hits cap)

Examine flotsam once a day

Select yes to obtain flotsam once a day

Flotsam: minimum of 2 interactions a day (assumes your bag does not fill, and that the flotsam is not a Rare item you already possess)

Pond dredger:

Talk to cat twice

Select help with dredger twice

Select increase yield once

Select either whopper or minnow once (assuming this stacks with increased yield)

Examine dredger once (assuming your bag doesn't fill)

Select to take out the fish once (assuming your bag doesn't fill)

Dredger: minimum 8 interactions a day (assuming your bag doesn't fill)

Coastal Net:

Talk to Susuroon twice

Select help with net twice

Select increase yield once

Select either whopper or minnow once (assuming this stacks with increased yield)

Examine net once (assuming your bag doesn't fill)

Select remove fish once (assuming your bag doesn't fill)

Net: minimum 8 interactions a day (assuming your bag doesn't fill)

Harvesting (let's just harvest each furrow once per day)

Talk to cat 3 times

Select increased yield 3 times

Talk to rat 3 times

Select increased yield 3 times

Examine each furrow (3 total)

Select to harvest the crops while nimbly dodging the literally worthless "inspect" option that is defaulted to for no reason (3 times total)

If more seeds are needed, plant more (0-3 trades and 0-3 confirmations for trades)

If seeds are not possessed, buy seeds from moogle (minimum 6 interactions, assuming 3 of same seed bought: talk to moogle, select buy/sell, select buy, select seeds, select number of seeds, confirm)

Furrows: minimum of 18 interactions per harvest; up to 30+ interactions if replant is needed

This is too much! I fired all my assistants. I can't stand it. I like my mule's rank 1 Mog Garden because it's relaxing. But Edyth's rank 5 Mog Garden is drudgery. Can we please at least have an option to instantly harvest/gather garden hotspots by simply examining them (no "Do it"/"Do nothing dur dur dur" menu), can we please have the "inspect crops" option removed or moved to second on that list rather than default if it has a secret function, and can we please have official word on whether or not we have to select the desired assistant commands before each harvest or just once per day?

Edit: I have a bad feeling that the developer response will just be something like, "players shouldn't use all three assistants at once." Well, even without assistants, all of the menu options in Mog Garden are excessive, especially at rank 5. Even without assistants, I don't enjoy my mineral vein or arboreal grove.
    (4)
    Last edited by Edyth; 10-02-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Player
    What the hell is all this?

You click the pond once, the ocean once each furrow once and flotsam once. Screw the assistants don't even bother clicking them.

Then you go harvest 10 and mine 10...

26 interactions a day, The hell is this 126?

You act like there is anything worth obtaining. Do the minimal amount of effort, it's all trash.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karah; 10-01-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    What the hell is all this?

You click the pond once, the ocean once each furrow once and flotsam once. Screw the assistants don't even bother clicking them.

Then you go harvest 10 and mine 10...

26 interactions a day, The hell is this 126?

You act like there is anything worth obtaining. Do the minimal amount of effort, it's all trash.
    You're not counting the mandatory "Do it"/"Do nothing dur dur dur" menu that appears when you examine anything in Mog Garden, which doubles the interactions to 52 if you use no assistants and never run out of space. As far as the 126 goes, refer to the original post, in which each examination of an object and selected menu option is considered an interaction.

One of the things that I ask for in the original post is to bypass the "Do it"/"Do nothing dur dur dur" menu that you ignored in your post, which would bring it down to 26 interactions if you do the absolute minimum.

Your post raises another issue that I imply: the assistants aren't worth the effort.

Mog Garden feels devoid of life other than plants, and I mostly just like having the assistants around to liven up the place. I like how in FFXII: Revenant Wings, your airship slowly fills with characters and NPCs that you pick up during the journey. I also like how this happens on Starship Mario in Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Join Avenue in Pokemon: Black/White 2. I would like to have the assistants for their atmosphere, considering the amount of time I spend in the garden, using it as a Mog House, a selling NPC, and a source of items.

I want it to be less dead.
    (0)

Player
    TBH i just stand there and hit enter until I can't do it anymore, basically not even acknowledging the sub menu.

If it was no on top and yes on the bottom, I'd 100% agree. but it takes all of maybe 30 seconds to just mash enter, not really worth complaining about considering there are about a thousand things I'd rather have done than fix that.

Yes, the assistants are pointless, how many things in this game have an actual point... the assistants get you like 1 additional catch/ore/trash BFD. That's just part of the mmo system.

I mean, I'm not really understanding why you spend more than 5 minutes in your garden, or even care that it exists at all truth be told.
    (0)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    lol who even thought that the garden WAS worth any effort?

Well yeah I did the daily thing for my items for Monstrosity unlocks.
    But that's cuz Monstrosity is actually the fun part of FFXI now ^^
    (1)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I went in the garden once and never entered again. The whole thing was a complete waste of development time.
    (0)

Player
    I could just go for an option to harvest 3/5/10 times in a row, just to speed up the mineral vein/furrow.
    (1)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasch View Post
    I went in the garden once and never entered again. The whole thing was a complete waste of development time.
    IDKY but I like Mog Garden and feel like it's worth logging in for daily.

(3)

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    TBH i just stand there and hit enter until I can't do it anymore, basically not even acknowledging the sub menu.
    I've genuinely fallen asleep whilst doing this, lol.

Enter to target mine/tree, again to select it, again to say yes, and once more to acknowledge the reward. 40 times for the mine, 40 for the harvest, with time lost waiting between interactions. Boring as hell, I do it with my eyes closed, and it's so easy to fall asleep!
    (0)

Player
    Must be nice to get something worthwhile, while the rest of us get potions.

Never gotten anything I didn't immediate drop 1 second after acquisition.

(not unlike the goblin daily reward system).
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast