Character
    Laide
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Mog Garden furrow stuck on rank 4 (unable to get KI off NPC)

Platform: Windows 7
    ISP: TWC
    Type of Internet Connection: Broadband
    Internet Connection Speed: UNK
    Date & Time: since august 28th
    Frequency: everyday
    Character Name: Laide and Jeanny
    Race: Elvaan/Mithra
    World: Siren
    Main Job: BLU
    Support Job: RDM
    Area and Coordinates: West Adoulin near Auction House
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Zenicca
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:

Since my 50th or so day since mog garden content was released I have been diligently going into the garden and harvesting/mining/fishing all the spots including the furrow. I recieved all key items off the the NPC Zenicca in west adoulin except for "Designer Farming". I'm unsure if this is a ingame bug but I'm bringing this up since its been about 15 to 20 days since I recieved my key items for rank up on everything else in the Mog Garden except for the furrow.
    (0)

Character
    Chrystopher
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'm in the same boat.

I have been gathering from the furrows every single day for at least the past 50 consecutive days. I've planted every different type of seed/root I could find. I tried spamming revival roots for several days. I also have 2 assistants on the furrows as well. But my garden furrow is still stuck at rank 4. Zenicca won't offer the upgrade.

I keep searching the web for information, but can't seem to find anything about this issue.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I had a similar issue, though eventually it was available. I can't say for sure that it's messed up, but remember that the rank ups become available with quantity of items gathered from that type of spot. So grow something fast that yields several drops at once and crank up the volume of items via helpers/fertilizer, and hope for the best. The day I got it I'd gathered up all the Grow-M-Goods I had on my mules and was a about to spam insta-vegetables to force the issue, so if that's an option for you you could try that.
    (0)

Character
    Chrystopher
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Of course, right after I post this... I gather 1 more time and get the key item.
    (0)

Player
    For things to level up in Mog Gardens, you need to harvest a specified number of items per rank. The fishing nets give a static number of items every time you use them which is why they level up together, Grove and Vein is pretty variable but you expect at least 1-2 items per harvest. Furrow is the trickiest to level because the number of items each seed yields varies as does the rate at which seeds matures. A seed that takes 4-10 hours to grow and grants 4-6 items would be better than a seed that takes 24-48 hours to grow but grants 8 items for example.

So in sum, consider each item granted by the Vein/Furrow/Nets/Grove as EXP. 1 item=1exp. Each level requires a certain amount of items(EXP) to level up, each rank requires subsequently more items (EXP) to rank up. Once you hit the current rank cap (5), you should still continue to use the points because you'll still accrue 'buffer exp' and when the new KI's come out you'll be able to buy the Rank 6 KIs after one use, if not instantly, when they're unlocked.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 09-22-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Once you hit the current rank cap (5), you should still continue to use the points because you'll still accrue 'buffer exp' and when the new KI's come out you'll be able to buy the Rank 6 KIs after one use, if not instantly, when they're unlocked.
    Wouldn't be too sure that they work that way, because it's already been determined that imprimaturs don't do the same thing for coalition standing (we cannot currently work ourselves to 1 imprimatur away from whatever the next rank past Advisor would be, for instance)

However, when it comes to Mog Gardens, I do think we were able to start earning "exp" toward rank 4 as soon as the update hit that pushed maximum potential coalition ranking to 7 (the one that made gardens ranking up to 4-5 possible in the first place) even though no servers had the Pioneers edification required at that point, simply because for the diligent players, many rank 4 upgrades were available as soon as that edification was completed.
    (1)