Player

Upcoming Corsair Need Suggestions for skilling up?

Hello everyone so im thinking of making Corsair my second main, and I wanted some suggestions as to what to do in these cases?

1.) How to skill-up Marksmanship?
    -So as a new Corsair I don't have to skill-up any enhancement type skills; however, I do need my marksmanship to deal damage so I wanted to see what is the cheapest and fastest way to max out this skill; also im level 99 already and have a skirmish gun. Please don't tell me to level ranger or thief because im only interested in focusing on Corsair as my second main.

2.) Corsairs and their Subjobs?
    -My second question is what subjobs should I focus on for Corsair, I want to deal damage and provide support 50/50 I was thinking /rng, /sam, /rdm since all those have benefits but is there any other subjobs that I should focus on?

3.) Corsair and buffing?
    -I was wondering how Corsair and buffing works because unlike Geomancer, and Bard that have skills to increase the effect of their buffs Corsairs do not so I was wondering how does the potency increase?
    (0)
    Last edited by skullreaper; 09-16-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Player
    If you're 99 already, with uncapped skill, go to abyssea, put on regen atmas and just script/macro kill worms. That's basically your only option.
    Quick draw also skills you up so you can mix that in.

Subjobs: currently, /whm is the only acceptable sub, it's a weird scenario though, formerly /rdm /blu /blm /rng /sam /war /brd all had uses...

Buffing, is a little "your style only" no 2 cors buff the same way, except the lazy ones.

There is no way to "increase potency" only range. The higher you roll, the higher the potency (except for lucky and unlucky).

You can only increase range (luzaf's ring) and the job specific requirement (commodore's tricorn). Some pieces of gear (like brd) have "enhances this roll" but every roll on those pieces is generally not used.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karah; 09-17-2013 at 02:16 AM.