Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

GEO/RUN AF, What gives?

Okay so I was gone for a sec and when I cam back GEO and RUN AF was released. Awesome. But when I actually looked at them, they are Lv.99. I feel... cheated? I guess... I can't really say anything, I mean it's awesome gear, especially for how the game is now, everyone being 99 in less than a day and all... but I'm not sure I really approve of SE's decision on this. I feel as this should be the AF+Relic+Emp=ultimate fusion gear everyone has been talking about as of lat.. or a while ago. I haven't yet bought the new expansion yet so I haven't done the quests to see how hard they are in comparison to the other jobs AF. Just wanted to know what you all thought of it. Personally, I may just be getting old.
    (3)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Player
    Made sense to give them gear relevant to the current end-game cap, rather than lvl50-60, then lvl70-75 sets of gear that are obsolete fast, and only get used for JA swaps. Also because of how fast you can obtain 99 these days.

There's already a recolour of the GEO/RUN AF in the game, so we'll probably be getting a higher Item-Level version down the road with better stats/buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree with the OP. I was disappointed that the AF for the new jobs wasn't a mid-levels. For somebody like me who doesn't enjoy racing to 99 before doing stuff, it was a bummer that I couldn't take a break in the leveling of these jobs to get some shiny new armor to play around with before striking out again to the depths of not-Abyssea Vanadiel.
    (1)

4. 09-14-2013 06:20 PM

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm pretty happy with the direction that they went. As someone that had RUN already 99 when this was launched it would have been a shame to do this quest and then just immediately shelf the AF armor if I would even do the quest at all. Plus it wouldn't make sense lore-wise for there to be level 50~60 battlefields in Adoulin for the AF armor given that all the monsters there are above level 99. They gave us something that is relevant to the majority of players if you're in the minority that likes to take your time with jobs I /salute you but unfortunately that play style comes at a pretty high price these days given that all gear 1~75 is pretty much non-existent on the AH.
    (1)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I hope they revamp AF3 to SoA standards. AF1 and 2 are ugly.
    (0)

Player
    RUN & GEO are getting AF, Relic, and Empyrean gear, it makes sense that since they are talking about AF Revamps that we will see AF1 for all jobs being upgraded to Adoulin standards. I also think once RUN & GEO get Relic, the same will happen to other job's Relic, revamped again to match Adoulin standards, though we will likely need the XP augment to do that, and then Empyrean gear will follow after that as well. Its not something that was announced besides the AF Revamp itself, no details, but its what I think will happen.
    (1)

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, I was thinking. It is so easy now to get empy armour & get to Lvl99 now that players are completely skipping over the old AF gear so why not make the AF1 storage slips (normal, not +1 & relic) convertible into AF Lvl99 storage slips for 100k bayld each.

This will make players go do all those old AF quests & coffers again to get the sets for conversion. You also feel you're achieving something after going through it all. The pieces are also reobtainable if you dropped pieces ages ago.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Thank you all for your comments. After talking to a friend of mine, it made a little more since that they are indeed Lv. 99, seeing how SoA is and all. At the same time however, as much as SE go on about having balance, I feel that this was a slap in the face to older players. If they where in fact planning to do a revamp on the older AF, that would be fine IMO seeing as the direction SE decided to go with this game. Well that is about it for now. Thanks again for your reply on the topic.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Morier
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    Thank you all for your comments. After talking to a friend of mine, it made a little more since that they are indeed Lv. 99, seeing how SoA is and all. At the same time however, as much as SE go on about having balance, I feel that this was a slap in the face to older players. If they where in fact planning to do a revamp on the older AF, that would be fine IMO seeing as the direction SE decided to go with this game. Well that is about it for now. Thanks again for your reply on the topic.
    I am an older player and I feel no slap in the face.Speak for yourself not blanket statements.
    (1)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    @ Morier
    Again, This was just my opinion, nothing more. I'm sorry if I have offended you and retract my comment.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast