Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Not a merge, but open migration

All the people commenting about server populations crashing, well merges aren't really going to fix it, a merge is a bandaid, what we need is a suture.

As far as I can tell it comes down to this;

Servers with mixed populations don't work. The jp are racist, the na are racist and there are never enough eu on the same server to do anything.

No one is willing to even try to co-operate with each other, the auto-translation system is non-existant.

What needs to be done, is do away with the fee to change servers, open *NEW* or existing servers, and allow open/free migration to them.

A place where all the jp can play with only jp and no filthy 外人 (foreigners).

Where the na don't have to shout all day long "jp y u no play with me?"

Places where there are no more language barriers, no more "Prime times" etc.

We're all thinking it, I'm just saying it. It's time.

When your server population is 500 and 300 of them REFUSE to play with you (because you speak a different language), why should you continue playing?

Am I wrong here?
    (3)

Player
    We're NOT all thinking it.

You ARE wrong here.
    (12)

Player
    When i say "all" I don't mean it literally, only the people that matter.
    (1)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That will concentrate most players in Asura and Odin, leaving all other servers ghost cities. Then a merge would be required to scavenge the ghost servers into 3-4 healthy ones.
    (0)
    Last edited by Spectreman; 09-12-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Why not just merge all remaining servers into one?
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    All the people commenting about server populations crashing, well merges aren't really going to fix it, a merge is a bandaid, what we need is a suture.

As far as I can tell it comes down to this;

Servers with mixed populations don't work. The jp are racist, the na are racist and there are never enough eu on the same server to do anything.

No one is willing to even try to co-operate with each other, the auto-translation system is non-existant.

What needs to be done, is do away with the fee to change servers, open *NEW* or existing servers, and allow open/free migration to them.

A place where all the jp can play with only jp and no filthy 外人 (foreigners).

Where the na don't have to shout all day long "jp y u no play with me?"

Places where there are no more language barriers, no more "Prime times" etc.

We're all thinking it, I'm just saying it. It's time.

When your server population is 500 and 300 of them REFUSE to play with you (because you speak a different language), why should you continue playing?

Am I wrong here?
    As long as it was voluntary, I don't see why this would be a problem.
    (2)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    One thing that would more than likely help...

Getting rid of that 90 day wait after a previous world transfer has been conducted.

Ever think that'd help?
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    so in other words you want to make it jp eu or na server only? that would be a bad idea because we already hurting in server population, so cutting it down to jp or na would make it worst, not everyone from na,jp etc dont always play at the same time. i work around 4:00PM-1AM so if iam in a all NA server most likely it will be a dead ghost town with even less people to play with. it best to keep it mix and rarely do i ever see jp, na only stuff.
    and ya merging all of the remaining servers if it possible would be a great fun idea
    (2)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Agreed. I work thirteen hour shifts so a merge into Japanese or North American only servers would only hurt me as well. And what about European or Australian players? They would be simply out of luck.
    (1)

Player
    I'm against it. On the other hand, if you were to say free server changes for everyone so that if we want to we can move over to another server in order to try finding more people to play with, without the 25 dollar fee or whatever, that I would be perfectly fine with.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast