Thread: Sooooooo.....~

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60

Sooooooo.....~

Any plans to up the drop rates in Voidwatch? Particularly some of the weapons?

8 out of 12235 (This is Ephemeron)

Why do things have to be -insanely- luck based? Can we please have a point system or something? Or hey! How about increase the drop rate? I mean at -least- a +2% drop rate would be a little better wouldn't it?
    (5)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm hoping that they saw how successful double plan Salvage was and apply it to VW.

Also, would you mind choosing a more descriptive title next time?
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    Can we please have a point system or something?
    Already made this suggestion but you were the first to comment anyways lol.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...E-Point-System
    (0)

Player
    12k fights and no drop? I find that count kinda unbelieveable.... No offense. but at the same I can kinda see this happening.. 6 kills per run per day over a 3-4 year span could produce that.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    12k fights and no drop? I find that count kinda unbelieveable.... No offense. but at the same I can kinda see this happening.. 6 kills per run per day over a 3-4 year span could produce that.
    Unbelievable? Here lemme give you -my- number on Hauteclaire from Khimaira.

0/102 (Before I left Ragnarok, haven't touched Khim since)

0/23 on Ridil from Fafnir (This number might be off, I've killed him -a lot- in the last month)

If drops are meant to be so ridiculously rare, I think that the frustration is a big factor in why some people don't want to play anymore.
    (5)

Player
    Its true. The thing about drops, you are competing with 17 other people. The way I see it, boss dies then loots drop a certain amount of items that fall at once but becomes distributed across all players upon opening chest. That's why you see certain players go 1/1 or 1/10 etc.

But also I am assuming the amount you contribute to the fight would be like WoE. You have to participate and do things to get better chance.

Why else are certain people getting the same items like Fajin, Lux pugio Ect?

Then again that's why you see people get the same item several times like 3 HMP pouches in 1 round of six. Or 4 pair of Fajin boots.

I cannot prove anything but after doing Celaeno and watching 1 person tank and DD most of the fight I've seen them get their rare quickly.

Also after playing several different jobs I've noticed luck has been different. Somedays if I played BLUmage and deal both physical damage and magic my luck would totally be different than playing WHM who support and proc little.

Then again somedays when I toss in WS club and staff while doing proc, my luck has changed than doing just procs.

As I said I cannot prove anything but playing WoE so many times, I've been lucky as a DD Scholar compared to enfeebling Redmage.

Something about Dealing both physical and magic has changed the outcome of the results. I've done thorough testing playing a month straight on 1 job and then switching over to another job for another month and the results seem to noticeably differ.

(Of course playing the best you can on any job to the fullest and not just playing the job expecting a difference)

Anyways yeah from my opinion I think events like VW & WoE has something to do with more than just "Luck."

Feel free to debate but after playing Redmage for a few months in WoE due to being able to survive easier, less work, play independently, I've had horrible luck getting any items than DDing on Scholar doing massive damage with Self Skillchains. Yet I've continued to play Redmage thinking maybe I was having an episode of horrible luck. I'm starting to become convinced its not the case.

Its like when you d/c before boss dies and log back in you either don't qualify any drops or you only get 1-2 items out of 4-5.

I've also noticed getting weak drops like mythril beastcoin instead of high quality drops when logging back in before boss dies.

Colonization Rieves in my opinion drop shards for dealing highest damage. Then again I've noticed skirmish items drop when playing a reive for a long time doing various tasks.

In the case of VW my theory is that it doesn't matter how well you perform as a single player because the overall outcome falls at once to the entire party before items are distributed across all players and that's why it's hard to earn a rare for yourself.

In short its like doing the work and someone being present in the party gets your item (best rare) because it drops to the entire group only to be divided evenly through chest. (Overall group performance)

I think items like Fajin have a different drop system. (Single player performance)

This is just my theory.

When I play with JP groups I see many HMP pouches drop. Noticeably different than what I've seen in NA groups. Which is why I have this theory on (Overall group performance)

I wish a DEV would give us atleast 1 hint and let us know that item drops is not solely based on just luck because evidence is seen throughout the game in places like WoE, Colonization Reives.

The easy way to excuse my theory would be to assume its "just random" but i think there has to be more to it than that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-18-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Player
    There is. I'm just a solid believer it's just the amount of effort and skill you put into the fight... but the requirements might dffer between jobs based off of Se's perspective on how they should be played. I've never gone very long without obtaining what I want from random drops.. Then again I only play drg
    (0)

Player
    There is. I'm just a solid believer it's just the amount of effort and skill you put into the fight... but the requirements might dffer between jobs based off of Se's perspective on how they should be played. I've never gone very long without obtaining what I want from random drops.. Then again I only play drg
    I'm also wondering if fishing system has something to do with rare drops too. Notice when you fish for awhile a limit sets off preventing you to fish. I wonder if a limit is set to prevent players from getting too many rares and require you to take a break from rare hunts.

Many times when I went to farm scrolls after a break I got it quick.

Again this is just theory.

If so it would explain as to why people end up playing hours trying to spam farm a rare from a boss and didn't get anything.

Then again it would also explain why drop rate is so horrible and everytime complaints are made on the forums the silent "working as intended" aura resides from the DEV TEAM lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-18-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    The fishing was put into place to prevent RMT from abusing the rare, expensive fish used in quests like Pirate's Chart.

There should never be something inhibiting players from getting rare items, that's just poor design, and if its a rare/ex item, why would there be a 'limit' be put on?
    (0)

Player
    Because this is a game about fighting stuff to get items to fight more stuff?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast