Hybrid View

Character
    Kitrah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 80

Server Population

I'm a recently returned player on the Fenrir server and I noticed that during NA prime time the population is between 200-300... JP prime time is not much better at around 600-900.

Is this typical of all the servers currently active or are some better than others?

I had planned to server transfer anyway to get my old name back as during the Unicorn->Fenrir merge I lost my name to a mule character.

So my question is, what is the most populated server during NA prime time?
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Today after maintenance, actually almost 2 hours after, we have 358 people, which considering the maint. probably knocked off the perpetually logged in mules and afk people, so this number is probably correct. During JP primetime we have sometimes a little over 1k, but at NA night it will be 500-600
    (0)

Player
    Had 800 on Asura for the most part of EST afternoon after the maint.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    On Valefor we are perhaps overly reliant on our army of afk mules to maintain appearances.
    (0)

Character
    Aselin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I think most of the servers nowadays since FFXIV launched are averaging between 600 to 800 players on a weekday. On a weekend, many servers are averaging around 1000 to 1200 players.

On Bismarck, I've estimated that at most 77% drop in population since the server merge with Seraph in 2010 compared to 2013, post-FFXIV launch.

That's something to keep in mind.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Kittra View Post
    I'm a recently returned player on the Fenrir server and I noticed that during NA prime time the population is between 200-300... JP prime time is not much better at around 600-900.
    Have yet to see it go that low at times other than right before/after a maintenance.

A little before this post, it was at 545 (on Fenrir), which is probably the lowest I have ever seen while not around a maintenance. Earlier today it was at around the more usual 1400, around my afternoon (some 8-9 hours ago from this point in time). Perhaps people were just logging on for them points, perhaps not. (Hopefully the log-in campaigns will come to an end some time soon, or at least the collector's items taken down from the 2000 points category...)

A couple of big reasons come to mind: people doing end-gamey content are bored; many feel there is little point in doing the latest and “greatest” events, especially when the equipment seem to be out the window with 1-3 version updates. That, and there doesn't seem to be any real goal to aim for (yeah, the game in that sense was always about getting the gear to get the better gear, but that used to take some time (and no, it's not that I'm saying time-sinks are good, but yeah, I digress!)).

Their incredible stance regarding the Mythic weapon quest-line and such do not make them look good, either.

The other reason is likely that many are testing the waters of Eorzea. Probably... maybe?

From these two, the first reason is the more heavy one, I think. I personally haven't even bought Adoulin of the Seekers kind yet; I'm still having fun with my friends away from there, so obviously I'm not speaking of personal experiences.
    However, I know quite a few people who always did the latest things and built the greatest things. When those people have their Content IDs inactive, it's serious, and the way the future content moves towards should probably be thought of quite carefully indeed (not that it isn't important other times). Those people I know, find X|V boring as well, so that's not where they are at.

Could also be them schools starting up around some parts of the world again, too. Or was that a month ago? Meh...

Something like that, anyblue. ^^;

Oh, and balcome weck! I might suggest waiting for a time to see if perhaps server merges are going to happen sometime soon, which probably will happen if them numbers stay so low. Then again, if it's the name only you want to do it for, it's probably best to do that before, than later. Not that there isn't a possibility of you losing it yet again due to the possible merge. You probably get what I'm trying to say.

Always a horrible thing to lose one's original name. :\
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 09-12-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Logged on FFXI today since FFXIV is going to have a 10 hour maintenance saw 808 people online during NA time.

14 is so good I rather play that now, probably take a break from 11 for awhile.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zumi; 09-12-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Logged on FFXI today since FFXIV is going to have a 10 hour maintenance saw 808 people online during NA time.

14 is so good I rather play that now, probably take a break from 11 for awhile.
    You ain't missin nuthin. Atleast people over on 14 are nice. Something 11 hasn't had in a long time. I guess its because you don't have max high levels with "if your not on par with my level you don't deserve to be in my presence" ego.
    (0)

9. 09-15-2013 12:50 PM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Well thats just a silly thing to say isnt it. Most of the ppl in 14 are from Ffxi, they're the same people lol. A lot of them are currently giving ARR a test run, having already tossed their original 14 disc a year ago. So the 'nice people' in 14 are the same ppl who were in Xi. I think your statement was very sweeping and not true. Theres nice people and bad people in all games, and all walks of life too.
    I think what you may be mistaking is that in ARR everyone is getting started, so they are being polite and friendly coz they need new friends to explore with and get help from. Might be a different story when everyone is a ARR vet and you will get the 'talk to the hand' blanking that sometimes happens with vets.
    But yeah anyway Leviathan server 550-1150~ most days, including mules and army-of-one multiboxers.
    FFxi and 14 are very different types of game, and many people will play them both. Its not all or nothing, especially as many people are already returning the Ffxi saying they like playing this game better.
    People have been saying "Fffxi is dying" since 2005. Fact. Before TOAU came out everyone was wearing their Ohats and SH and grinding out lvls saying "this game was fun at first but its not gonna last." Then TOAU arrived and ppl shut up until 2008 when they were starting the "this game is dying" as they went for another imp-burn and yawned. Then WOTG came out and once again ppl stopped saying the game was dying. The problem today is that imho colonisation rieves which are central to the new expansion, are dull and cramped with the same NQ mobs packed into a small space, and hitting a stationary object as hard as you can before it ends, then jogging across the map to the next, repeat. This is imho what ppl are dulled out by. When Wotg ad Toau came out it was a lot more involving and interesting battlefields so ppl didn't get bored for a few years each time.
    But the mechanics of FFxi are so different to ARR, a lot of ppl will stay in FFxi coz of the game engine which they have used and liked for a decade. But yeah server numbers are low now and we all expected that anyway tbh.
    Yeah I know that lol. I'm just saying you have everybody low level, powerless, not enough knowledge of the game to merit them judges using statistics, and been in a game too long to complain about how unsatisfied they are for doing everything repeating things a million times to the point they feel miserable.

And speed passing all new content faster than what the DEVs can put out.

Meaning you don't have those people who think you are unworthy unless you are on the same level at end game with them.

It's when people start reaching the inevitable question of what happens when we reach the end is where problems happen lol.

That's when gaps happen, priorities between friends change and once people know the game well enough things become different.

We all enter this world innocent babies. It's until we start growing up and learning different things around different influences that we all change to be different than everyone else.

I'm sure DEV Team and community reps can show more attention to the playerbase because they know the answers. It's until everyone reaches the point where everyone becomes max level and waiting for DEVs to implement stuff is when people will have to wait for reps and Devs to fill each other in on feedback.

What's the new content?

I dunno yet we can't answer you. Even the DEVs won't tell us.

What's the new content why are you ignoring us?

I can't answer if I don't have it.

Lol.

As for FFXI VS FFXIV. It's too much for me personally. I like FFXI for its simplicity. Less confusion.

It's not that we don't have any nice people. We just don't have enough that this game has changed. Too many people won't care unless you go out of your way to care for them enough to make them feel like you deserve to be helped.

Too many people using others and have done things to others to the point people have to be cautious of who to do favors for.

It's like you could live in the most dangerous part of the neighborhood and even though you are the nicest person in the world, its the community around you that changes you to revolve around them.

It's also the fault of the way the game has been made. They make quests too hard almost impossible with great rewards.

Then they kill those by implementing something more powerful but many times easier to obtain, making the rewards from quests that were so hard worthless.

It's like implementing Delve rank weapons that are now irrelevant because auction house craft delve weapons are better. Uhhhhg.

I want gear that's not going to change every month.

And gear that's not going to pile up in my inventory that I can't toss because it only adds on to the many many many gear sets to render my job playable.

I mean its like they give us a spell or ability gimped and then add gear to make it work.

Why do we need to have so much gear to make things work when level progression should have accomplished this to begin with??

I need 500 enhancing to make Embrava work 100%...... Why not just make it work 100% to begin with? >.>

which means less gear to carry.

Then they wouldn't need you to acquire 500 enhancing to make Embrava work 100%.

Had the DEV Team not speed up level progression the game wouldn't have players reaching the inevitable question so fast.

Instead of adding more levels on top of each other to go higher. They could have made the game last longer keeping level 99 and just add more areas and events. For level 99 without adding more stats and higher level monsters and events that add more people than 18 people.

Entice us with new monsters, different graphics, different armors that look good. Different maps to explore, different craft armors, quests, missions, storylines.

The problem with today is they give us too much power to speed through content only to implement more gear and items.

When back in the day we use to travel, explore maps, find new areas, play for the storylines.

Other than town who hangs out on maps just to hangout??

So many times I use to park in heavens tower and go to bed while the music was playing.

Spending hours in sanctuary of Zitah farming goobue because the map was so peaceful.

Now these days it all about (please I'm tired of walking, can you put a waypoint so I can be lazy?)

Convenience is destroying the game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-16-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast