Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kitrah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 80

Server Population

I'm a recently returned player on the Fenrir server and I noticed that during NA prime time the population is between 200-300... JP prime time is not much better at around 600-900.

Is this typical of all the servers currently active or are some better than others?

I had planned to server transfer anyway to get my old name back as during the Unicorn->Fenrir merge I lost my name to a mule character.

So my question is, what is the most populated server during NA prime time?
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Today after maintenance, actually almost 2 hours after, we have 358 people, which considering the maint. probably knocked off the perpetually logged in mules and afk people, so this number is probably correct. During JP primetime we have sometimes a little over 1k, but at NA night it will be 500-600
    (0)

Player
    Had 800 on Asura for the most part of EST afternoon after the maint.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    On Valefor we are perhaps overly reliant on our army of afk mules to maintain appearances.
    (0)

Character
    Aselin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I think most of the servers nowadays since FFXIV launched are averaging between 600 to 800 players on a weekday. On a weekend, many servers are averaging around 1000 to 1200 players.

On Bismarck, I've estimated that at most 77% drop in population since the server merge with Seraph in 2010 compared to 2013, post-FFXIV launch.

That's something to keep in mind.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Kittra View Post
    I'm a recently returned player on the Fenrir server and I noticed that during NA prime time the population is between 200-300... JP prime time is not much better at around 600-900.
    Have yet to see it go that low at times other than right before/after a maintenance.

A little before this post, it was at 545 (on Fenrir), which is probably the lowest I have ever seen while not around a maintenance. Earlier today it was at around the more usual 1400, around my afternoon (some 8-9 hours ago from this point in time). Perhaps people were just logging on for them points, perhaps not. (Hopefully the log-in campaigns will come to an end some time soon, or at least the collector's items taken down from the 2000 points category...)

A couple of big reasons come to mind: people doing end-gamey content are bored; many feel there is little point in doing the latest and “greatest” events, especially when the equipment seem to be out the window with 1-3 version updates. That, and there doesn't seem to be any real goal to aim for (yeah, the game in that sense was always about getting the gear to get the better gear, but that used to take some time (and no, it's not that I'm saying time-sinks are good, but yeah, I digress!)).

Their incredible stance regarding the Mythic weapon quest-line and such do not make them look good, either.

The other reason is likely that many are testing the waters of Eorzea. Probably... maybe?

From these two, the first reason is the more heavy one, I think. I personally haven't even bought Adoulin of the Seekers kind yet; I'm still having fun with my friends away from there, so obviously I'm not speaking of personal experiences.
    However, I know quite a few people who always did the latest things and built the greatest things. When those people have their Content IDs inactive, it's serious, and the way the future content moves towards should probably be thought of quite carefully indeed (not that it isn't important other times). Those people I know, find X|V boring as well, so that's not where they are at.

Could also be them schools starting up around some parts of the world again, too. Or was that a month ago? Meh...

Something like that, anyblue. ^^;

Oh, and balcome weck! I might suggest waiting for a time to see if perhaps server merges are going to happen sometime soon, which probably will happen if them numbers stay so low. Then again, if it's the name only you want to do it for, it's probably best to do that before, than later. Not that there isn't a possibility of you losing it yet again due to the possible merge. You probably get what I'm trying to say.

Always a horrible thing to lose one's original name. :\
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 09-12-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Logged on FFXI today since FFXIV is going to have a 10 hour maintenance saw 808 people online during NA time.

14 is so good I rather play that now, probably take a break from 11 for awhile.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zumi; 09-12-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Logged on FFXI today since FFXIV is going to have a 10 hour maintenance saw 808 people online during NA time.

14 is so good I rather play that now, probably take a break from 11 for awhile.
    You ain't missin nuthin. Atleast people over on 14 are nice. Something 11 hasn't had in a long time. I guess its because you don't have max high levels with "if your not on par with my level you don't deserve to be in my presence" ego.
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    It's probably a temporary trend to see numbers that low due to FFXIV's very successful relaunch recently. On Quetz 3-4 weeks ago normal NA prime time was around 1.2k easy, now it's sitting around 500. Weekends creep back up to 1.2k still when NA and JP schedules overlap.

It's typical when a major title with crossover appeal comes out that XI numbers drop, I recall this happening with Diabolos 3 and Skyrim, though not quite as drastic, probably since XIV has the post potential crossover appeal to XI fans. I think you'll see total players climb back up a good bit after the XIV free trial is over and the next XI version update is released.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Currently on Shiva, there are 740 logged on at 11:20pm CST (9:20 PST) and of that 740, I would say at least 1/4 are mules, with another 1/4 just standing AFK. Eliminate those, that's 370 active players. You can't do much of anything with 370 active players online.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast