Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Skirmish AFKers at end = NO LOOT

Hello, I ran into this today with people afking at the end of skirmish runs. When we kicked the afk person out of party, the loot would still not drop resulting in all treasure being LOST. This is ridiculous & needs to be adjusted.

Anyone else running into these problems?
    (2)

Player
    What they need to do is the same thing they have done since the beginning of events like this. Stop giving us 5 minutes to lot/pass... give us 5 minutes and 5 seconds... That would give time for stuff to drop, which is why it falls to the floor now, because items auto-fall at 5 minutes, and they think its a great idea to give us exactly that much time so that the game drops it all.
    (11)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Bring a BLM or /BLM to send them home.
    (11)

Hey look, this age-old issue strikes again. I remember someone countering my posts about this some time ago, by saying that it is only a problem in some old and obsolete events. So much for that, huh.

The fact of the matter is that this is a terrible design flaw that has been around for over ten years, and SE never bothered to fix it, only add patches to work aorund it on a per-event basis.
    (7)

5. 09-09-2013 05:24 PM

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    What they need to do is the same thing they have done since the beginning of events like this. Stop giving us 5 minutes to lot/pass... give us 5 minutes and 5 seconds... That would give time for stuff to drop, which is why it falls to the floor now, because items auto-fall at 5 minutes, and they think its a great idea to give us exactly that much time so that the game drops it all.
    Ive always thought that since i started this game. And i found it baffling that it wasn't brought up more.
    (3)

Player
    The only reason its not brought up more is because, like Mirage said, when its brought up normally people tell you it only effects old content, or that your just whining for the sake of whining, ignoring the issue. Since my time on the forum I think I have seen it pop up 2 or 3 times, never got a Dev responce, nothing ever happened, and people down played the issue.
    (8)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 09-10-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Bumping things to six minutes instead of five would fix this nicely. Is it hard to add 60 seconds extra wait time?
    (8)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If everyone just keeps quiet about in-game flaws, they will never be fixed even if there are threads already about them that are dead. When old bugs affect new content, it should be brought up to their attention. Especially content that drops great gear as Skirmish does. Everyone in the group is shafted when someone afks at the end with the treasure pool never dropping. It wastes everyone's time.

I like the ideas suggested in this thread to add 5 seconds to a minute to the end of each run. I find having to bring a job /blm as not really a proper fix for it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Vagrua; 09-10-2013 at 07:13 PM.

It isn't a fix either. Players shouldn't need to lower their combat efficiency just to make sure they don't lose loot that they have rightfully earned to design flaws.
    (5)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Come on SE, give us a response to tell us you're at least listening to more than 'good job SE' threads.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast