Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    KingAtlas, don't let anyone tell you this game is past its hayday, there are new players like you starting every single day. I do however advise you to find a LS to help with questions, and keep chatting with because some parts of this game are boring until you get the warps to get you around. Running from home city to jueno can take as much as 30 IRL minutes.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Heh. I'll also add in a few bits for folks who don't go the Gusgen route. Dangruf Wadi will get you to 24th, solo. Valkrum or Gusgen can take you to 30th solo from there and your subjob items for the quest in Selbina.

In town, you'll see an "Artisan Moogle". Talk to them. Get a Mog Sack. Voila, +30 space for stuff.

Furnishings (in the Auction House and the occasional shop) have "Storage"- if they're put into your Mog Safe in your Mog House and then placed with the "Layout" command, you'll see an option called Storage become active in there as well. Effectively, you can convert one space in your Mog Safe into many spaces of storage (max 80).

When you're experienced enough, you'll make it to the central city, Jeuno. Jeuno is MUCH MUCH more populated than the three starting cities, and full of ways to get you into the other big cities- Aht Urghan and Adoulin (much more the second), teleports to get around the world, and the openers to many of the expansions. Lower Jeuno has a goblin-run shop with quests that will expand both your inventory (the so-called "Gobbiebag" quests) and your Mog Sack (after each inventory expansion, talk to an Artisan Moogle to get a matching expansion for your Mog Sack for free).

Jeuno also starts the Abyssea expansions. Experience points being a problem rapidly vanishes after those areas, replaced by getting level cap quests done.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Limit_Break

Read up on these. And note that the fossilized items and seasoning stones for the level cap to 99 will be VERY inexpensive to get your hands on during the login campaign that starts VERY soon.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    Heh. I'll also add in a few bits for folks who don't go the Gusgen route. Dangruf Wadi will get you to 24th, solo. Valkrum or Gusgen can take you to 30th solo from there and your subjob items for the quest in Selbina.

In town, you'll see an "Artisan Moogle". Talk to them. Get a Mog Sack. Voila, +30 space for stuff.

Furnishings (in the Auction House and the occasional shop) have "Storage"- if they're put into your Mog Safe in your Mog House and then placed with the "Layout" command, you'll see an option called Storage become active in there as well. Effectively, you can convert one space in your Mog Safe into many spaces of storage (max 80).

When you're experienced enough, you'll make it to the central city, Jeuno. Jeuno is MUCH MUCH more populated than the three starting cities, and full of ways to get you into the other big cities- Aht Urghan and Adoulin (much more the second), teleports to get around the world, and the openers to many of the expansions. Lower Jeuno has a goblin-run shop with quests that will expand both your inventory (the so-called "Gobbiebag" quests) and your Mog Sack (after each inventory expansion, talk to an Artisan Moogle to get a matching expansion for your Mog Sack for free).

Jeuno also starts the Abyssea expansions. Experience points being a problem rapidly vanishes after those areas, replaced by getting level cap quests done.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Limit_Break

Read up on these. And note that the fossilized items and seasoning stones for the level cap to 99 will be VERY inexpensive to get your hands on during the login campaign that starts VERY soon.
    I like this! solo is fun and I'd still advise going at your own pace. if your really into endgame and understand your stuff take the gusgen route and use online material to help further your understanding of the game.
    (0)

Character
    Relius
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Here is some helpfully stuff to do once you get your 1st job to 99 or along the way to 99

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mi...mer_by_Korvana

I hope this helps
    (0)

Yes. Finding a LS is crucial to your enjoyment of this game. Everything seems a lot more bearable when you have cool people to talk to while doing things. You might not see a lot of people in the starter areas, because a large portion of the players are now in the high level areas, and the high level player hub areas such as the cities Jeuno, and since the new expansion, Adoulin. The area chat channels of Jeuno and Adoulin are however linked together, so that if you can just get to Jeuno (which is relatively easy), you can also communicate with everyone who are in Adoulin, and possibly ask if there are any linkshells who would let you join.
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAtlas View Post
    thanks Umichi.. honestly was bout to give up on this game till you spoke up...
    I don't mid the graphics and stuff, and I would think that because of all the new games new players would be an asset
    not a hinderance......
    I was thinking ill give it a few months, I know that ff14 wont be ready till next year at least same with ESO.... I always wanted to get into this game.. and so may cool character jobs! idc if they suck I just want to have fun haha

King, the official forums are really bad for newcomers. BGforums and FFXIAH forums are better and more populated. Also get used to BlueGartr and FFXIAH sites, they will be your primary font of information.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    King, the official forums are really bad for newcomers. BGforums and FFXIAH forums are better and more populated. Also get used to BlueGartr and FFXIAH sites, they will be your primary font of information.
    They've been around longer, chronologically speaking- BG tends to be more technical/expert level info, FFXIAH is a bit more newbie friendly. But I've always said the best info source is a friendly group of linkshell folks, thanks to the learning curve this game delivers.

It's one of those things about the "world" nowadays- much more centralized, which means the original starting areas tend to isolate new players from what they need most.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2