Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Ultimameteo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

New PLayer question

So should I be leveling my character's job's evenly, or focus on a few?
    I was thinking of just doing each job evenly in 10 lvls at time?

I started with redmage just to get a feel for all the different aspects.

prolly wont get an answer, but I can hope haha
    (0)

Character
    Ultimameteo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    The other thing was, about the limit of items in my inventory? first it said 10/16, now it says 28/30, so is 16 the limit or 30?
    (0)
    "You think a little thing like the end of the world would kill me haha"
    ~Sabin Figaro

Character
    Ultimameteo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    why did I buy this game, what a waste of money.... no one is online, no one talks to you, no one responds to questions on forums.... I don't think anyone on here even wants new players.... I payed my 30 bucks for the game, Im gonna play for my free 30 days, then forget I ever made this mistake... if this is the same community that will be in ff 14 forget that game too... I think Ill go ESO, every new thread on here is just people complaining about stuff, no one is having fun at all, its like everyone is stuck in a dungeon someplace forced to play...
    (0)
    ~Sabin Figaro

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The game is now designed for veteran players rather than new players. So the environment you will be in is unfriendly. If you are not level 99, don't have any connections with other players, or gil to pay for power level service, everyone will consider you a liability. My recommendation is to give up on this game and try FFXIV. There you will find yourself with new players who are eager to play and develop their characters with you.
    (0)

Character
    Ultimameteo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    yeah I just wish I knew that before I bought the game... I always wanted to try it... I guess I shoulda asked before I bought the game, but I couldn't post in forums... ah well. cant do much about it now
    (0)
    ~Sabin Figaro

Player
    Heya king I'd advise choosing one job you enjoy leveling as and taking that as high as you want to before dabbling in other jobs. I myself have 2 jobs at 99 while most of my jobs are above lvl 30+ and few are above 75. however I can't tell you how to play as you want. if you have more fun leveling all jobs then figure out a system that works for you

sorry for delayed responses but It's like kev said If you have any ingame questions I'd advise seeking out a mentor ingame they usualy are well versed in the game and can help point you in the right direction.

as far as the inventory thing goes can you please clarify?
    (0)

Player
    Don't let the lack of responses on the forums fool you.. just work hard and ask random strangers for help most don't mind answering a few questions if you are polite about it.

Being a newbie in this era of FFXI is so much more different than it was in the past so bear with the game and play at your own pace... rmemeber this is a FF game first and foremost so just have fun!
    (0)

Character
    Ultimameteo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    thanks Umichi.. honestly was bout to give up on this game till you spoke up...
    I don't mid the graphics and stuff, and I would think that because of all the new games new players would be an asset
    not a hinderance......
    I was thinking ill give it a few months, I know that ff14 wont be ready till next year at least same with ESO.... I always wanted to get into this game.. and so may cool character jobs! idc if they suck I just want to have fun haha
    (0)
    ~Sabin Figaro

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    KingAtlas, what you are seeing with the inventory is based on the way you access your inventory. If you access it through the menu on the left, you will see items that can be used. This would include temp items (these go away when you leave the zone) or regular items that you can use. When you use the main menu, this represents all of your items. Alt+'i' or Ctrl+'i' is a fast way to bring it up on the PC.

Are you playing on PC or Xbox360? The PC platform is far superior. If you prefer a controller, there are ways to make it work in the game.

You should level whatever job is fun to play. Once you reach level 20, you can get a subjob. If you wait until you are level 30, you can solo that quest. From level 20 to 30, join a book party in Gusgen Mines. There is an item that drops called a Magicked Skull. Keep this item for the quest. Make sure you do the subjob quest in Selbina not in Mhaura!

After you reach level 30 and get your subjob, you will want to make your way to Jeuno and then head to Port Jeuno. This starts a lot of quests and missions. Talk to an NPC named Jaochim (pirate looking guy dressed in white) to get Abyssea started because it will be useful in the future.

Whenever you see a Crag (Holla, Dem, Mea, Vahlz) in La Theine, Konschtat, or Tahrongi, make sure you run up to it and touch the crystal. Once you get this crystal key item, you can ask White Mages to teleport you where you want to go.

Level 30 is very important in this game. Certain missions can only be started at that level, certain areas can only be entered at that level, and certain jobs can only be unlocked when you are that level.

If you need help from specific jobs, learn the search command. Here is an example:

/sea all whm 90-99

This command, for example, will find all players that are White Mages between the levels of 90 and 99.

/sea all inv 15-25

This would find all people looking for party invites between the level range of 15 to 25.

You will want to party for better experience once you reach level 15. One of your first goals should be to head to Gusgen Mines. See http://www.ffxiclopedia.org for guides and maps. Almost all players use this. If you want to look up the value of items on the auction house while you are on the road, visit http://www.ffxiah.com so you will know what has value and what does not. (Make sure you check the stack price on certain items as well.)

Do not throw away your Beastmen Seals. They stack to 99 and are used to enter specialized battle areas later in the game. They can be useful for obtaining gil from higher level players. I am not sure where you started, but the path you take will depend heavily on it. You will want to travel and explore more than just about anything because you can unlock zones that way. There are "outpost quests" you should research on the Wiki. These allow you to teleport to certain regions. You can only do outpost quests if your country has control of a region. This changes every Sunday.
    (0)

Character
    Ultimameteo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    cool thanks! Ima work on getting to lvl 30 then..sounds like fun
    (0)
    ~Sabin Figaro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast