Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Godawful beyond ridicuous macro bar appearance delay

A while back, the insane 1-3 second delay to bring up the macro bar when using a keyboard was eliminated. It was called by several players the best change SE has ever made. A few people complained about something or another related to lag. So SE hit the undo button and gave the entire population back 1-3 seconds of lag before the macro bars display. That is, the entire population except gamepad users, who have had instant macro display for as long as I've been playing (since 2008).

What's the big damn difference that macros can display instantly when using a gamepad but we need this penalty when using a keyboard? Does this handicap still exist in the new UI? Can we please have an option to have our macros display instantly when using the keyboard so the 5 people who whined can still be happy, while the rest of us can have responsive controls? It's because of this that cure macros are unusable for me as a keyboard user; peeps be dead before my macro bar pops up, so I have to use the spell list.

TL;DR:
    It would be nice for the game controls to be responsive, rather than intentionally unresponsive due to some sort of nonsensical technical reason.
    (22)

Signed.
    /ten
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I approve, please allow ppl to disable the latency through the option.
    (1)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Fatmatt
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You don't have to wait for the macro bar to appear before using a macro. Pressing Ctrl/Alt+# will use the macro before the bar even appears.
    (2)

Player
    ^This

Just memorize your macros positions
    (2)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    yea thats easy to do with a couple hundred marcos....

The delay in macro bar showing up has been my only real complaint about the system UI since i sarted this game. Anything else can be managed. But macro bar showing up can cause some problems.. [[stun]]
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The keyboard fix broke macros for gamepad users. That's why they reverted it. Seems strange to me that it's that difficult to fix though.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/