Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    True it probably is some mischeif going on though could just be teams of fishers getting 200 a day and throwing out all but the best and 1 guy selling. But really in the end you can't punish on just seems suspcious. Generally speaking I can win if I put enough effort into it. The amount needed depending on the fish. Like something easily gotten to and caught like say Jungle catfish it will likely take either alot of luck or fishing to 200 everyday during the 2 weeks to get one that is good enough to get top 20. If it's something annoying like sea zombie I sometimes see less than 20 entries lol. Needless to say it's really not worth my time to do it when it's something common but often can catch just one if it's more uncommon and maybe a couple of others to bazaar. Though usually the bazaar prices I last saw were more reasonable. Like 200-300k at most. If I could get 15mil I'd do that all the time lol.

Yeah discernment does make it way too easy now. Well for real fishers bots already know whats on the line lol. Ha that reminds me I had a friend who had his kids fish for him cause they found the minigame fun. Child labor!
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    I want to be able to throw ranged-slot explosives into the water and instantly catch a bunch of fish.
    We just need to be able to use grenades as bait.

Suddenly, crafting them becomes relevant and you get "raw fish bits" to make sushi with. Everybody wins!
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Restoring topic rather than starting a new one on the same subject... SE, your fishing system blows. It's too boring, too slow, and a wasted opportunity for encouraging people to take up new crafts. I have yet to understand the mentality of why you put so many limitations in the fishing system (and in all other gathering jobs) and why you continue to turn a blind eye when players complain about it. You made it boring notoriously boring enough to drive people to bot, and then you wonder why so many people run bots. Good job!

(1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 11-04-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Yeah ... I've been working towards getting a Lu Shang's rod, and I don't even like fishing really. It's just something to do.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    geekgirl101,

What would you prefer the new system would be like instead?

Aside from being divided by zarrro at times, I don't mind the current system. I'm not a fan of the huge on-screen arrows either, but my skill does seem like it matters more now. The lower level fish feel like less of a chore, while the higher level ones can still put up a fight.

It never felt boring to me, but that's probably because I tend to watch videos or do something else on the side, which I prefer being able to do. That might make the difference. While I don't look for it to be a more complex mini-game, at this point I probably wouldn't be against it either, as it could be made more fun fer sure.

I can't say much for the lower levels, as I think I was around level 100 of skill when the renovation of the fishing system went through, but from what I can tell, I appreciate the changes there, too.

I don't think the 'boring' aspect makes people use them bots. I think it's more about lazy, profit, and profit. And lazy, probably, but mostly about profit.

Not that I can really say, since I never ever did that myself; I can only guess!

Something I would greatly appreciate, would be less line-snaps by things such as matsya. I already mentioned these numbers in another thread, but I think it's fitting to do it here, too, as they display an aspect of fishing I do not find fun.

Here's a bit something (manually kept notes, which are probably not absolutely 100% error-free) from between

07/07/1198 Watersday 10:22
    Waxing Gibbous (62%)
    28 Apr., 2014 0:10:30

and

05/07/1207 Firesday 10:55
    Waning Crescent (29%)
    04 Sep., 2014 12:40:13

with a skill level of 101 (start) to 109 (end), with all the equipment on top including Mega Moglification towards the end of the way (which only seemed to make things worse, hahahadgfh...):

Total Casts 3592

Matsya 166
    Snapsya 275
    Jellyfish 373
    Monster 290
    Dividedbyzarrro 4
    Failfish 5
    Nothing 1050
    Arrowwood log 352
    Rusty 1082
    bucket 264
    leggings 522
    subligar 296

That's about 740 drill calamaries and/or dwarf pugils, from which actually only 426 I fished for myself between

3/1/1193 Watersday 10:41
    Waning Gibbous (62%)
    7 Feb., 2014 14:32:52

and

11/09/1206 Watersday 6:10
    Waxing Gibbous (71%)
    23 Aug., 2014 18:14:21

which was about 1673 cave cherax (that is, 25% of them had bait). The rest, if my notes are to be believed, came from log-in campaigns (in which by the by I think their price is still too high!). I did not keep a record on the exact amount of bait I got from these campaigns, unfortunately, but as long as my matsya and cave cherax notes are not wildly off, the numbers should be quite accurate.

That's almost half a year for two (2) shaper's shawls and indeed only 166 matsya.

Obviously I did not fish every day, all day, but when I did, it would be pretty much the only thing I would/could do that day in Vana'diel.

I don't mind the pattern of getting bait from one prey to get to fish another prey, but the rate at which the bait can be obtained as well as the time consumed take away from the fun factor.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3