Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Please restore fishing to be "fun" again

Bots will bot regardless what you do to them, they'll keep botting 24/7 whether you stick limitations on them or not. So please enough of the nonsense fishing nerfs that make skilling up a painful chore for legit players. This is the worst profession in the game and it is not fun, and I for one play games for the fun factor not for 2-3 hours of boredom.
    (6)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 08-31-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    What is really ironic is that annoying fishing mini game of tug of war that was supposed to stop bots actually made it better for bots and harder for legit players lol.
    (8)

Fishing was never fun... at least this requires some thought if you do it manually lol. The old way you just wait for a bite and hit enter.. That was more fun?
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't remember it being any easier in 2005 when I got lvl 100. We didn't have the skillup rings back then either, and the skillups were totally glacial slowness, so this isn't really a new problem, if it is a problem. I always felt the slow skillups made it more of a thrill when you actually got a skillup lol . The problem with fishing today imho is that like everything else in the game now, the cash incentive has been undercut by the insane random marketplace where you can do a 3 minute colonisation rieve and get a Yorcia visage V which sells from 2-5m gil, and yet I with Ebisu and f110 can earn 0gil-190k gil in the same time depending on the target fish & bite rate. In the old game it was rare for those kind of huge multi-million gil drops, and they weren't just dropping from easy-prey enemies like the ones in colonisation rieves. Fishing is still grounded at 2003 core game prices meaning your lvl 100 fish is worth around 1.5k gil at vendors shops. I personally liked the core game prices and always hated the multimillion soaring AH price spikes, so I'm more saddened than ever by these random 3m~ drops people can get in two minutes of bashing chapulis in rieve. But fishing was always a passion and a hobby, if you like it you will do it regardless of the fact you are losing millions every day by not doing something else instead. I always loved ffxi fishing coz it is relaxing after work, and used to be a decent way to make gil selling stacks of black sole etc., but now that the random drops economy has killed the crafting economy to a large extent, I just fish for relaxing and coz it lets my mind wander.
    (5)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Also doesn't help that despite the relatively poor gil/time return you mentioned people are still making more and more ebisu's making it harder and harder to find bait further cutting into profits. In fact ironically alot of those ebisu's were probably funded by the much better time/gil methods of making gil lol
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeh, fishing sort of stayed the same while the game changed around it. My understanding of fishing vs. other crafts was always that the incredibly slow skillups in fishing as compared to other crafts, were a balancing act because other crafts cost a lot of money to get to 100, even if for example you farm all your own threads and crystals in CC you lose money in real terms from failed synths. But fishing, at least when I began back in 04, was unique in that you really could get level 100 fishing for almost no investment at all, everyone back then was farming their own Lu-shangs, and many ppl as a point of pride insisted on catching all 10,000 carps and not buying a single one And then you could basically just use your static baits carefully, lvl cooking for the ball baits etc. So it was in essence the one craft you could get lvl100 without losing lots of money every day on fail synths and rare mats, and with fishing you could pull almost endless money out of the sea for free. And the balance-out of that, was fishing had horribly slow skillups and the returns on your lvl 100 product was 1k~ in shops.
    But now people make gil so fast, most just buy a lushang, and buy the ebisu fish too. That changes the free-craft nature of fishing, but it doesnt change the slow skillup or the tiny payouts at lvl 100.
    I did farm the 10k carps back in 04 and all ebisu fish (ebisu took me 2008-2012 lol), coz its like sort of fun mini-goals you can have in the background when you're not doing events. But I wonder how fishing will fit in today, because it has been superceded as a casual moneymaker by rieves and even dom ops you can npc the dom notes weapons and make more per hour than if you were fishing.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well fishing isn't that slow if you know what your doing. I can take a brand new account and from the time the 2 week trial wears off I can get from 0 to 100 and have the items for ebisus in about 3 weeks lol. But yeah outside of ebisus rod and Lu shangs almost no investment. Another boon over other crafts is pretty much all your customers are either cooks who need more and more or npcs that will buy them all for the same price always
    (0)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well fishing isn't that slow if you know what your doing. I can take a brand new account and from the time the 2 week trial wears off I can get from 0 to 100 and have the items for ebisus in about 3 weeks lol. But yeah outside of ebisus rod and Lu shangs almost no investment. Another boon over other crafts is pretty much all your customers are either cooks who need more and more or npcs that will buy them all for the same price always
    write a guide i wanna test it next month
    my fishing 28 or 29 is still from 200X where you had only to type /fish and do nothing ^^
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well fishing isn't that slow if you know what your doing. I can take a brand new account and from the time the 2 week trial wears off I can get from 0 to 100 and have the items for ebisus in about 3 weeks lol.
    I like to eat hamburgers with real beef not beef by products. I've leveled fishing I know you can get up to 80ish fairly fast but the final stages 90+ show down a lot. It all depends on the luck of the draw. At 108 I managed to get 110 in about 2 days of fishing. It was EXAUSTING. Fishing in general is a long process. If you don't on an ebisu good luck getting 110 on the cheap end.
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Fishing has never been fun
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast