Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    write a guide i wanna test it next month
    my fishing 28 or 29 is still from 200X where you had only to type /fish and do nothing ^^
    Well as someone stated the last part is more luck though not like it matters since the skill only helps your rates very slightly and you are already in your money fish the key really is getting the skill up ring and making sure you don't try to far a gap and get to fatigue cap each day... iirc I did shall shell to 50 or so. Silver shark to around 60 then off to nasmau to catch Mercanbaligi and Ahtapots capping at like 86 and 90 iirc. Usually got 1-2 lvls a day 2-4 with ring. But had a few crazy days of more like 8 lvls. After that I really just stay there since npcing them is decent gil till I get ebisus rod... and generally if you lvl up that quickly you will be waiting if nothing else on getting the gps for the KI lol. Then just plug away at money fish with ebisus and you will eventually get up there but again the difference between skill isn't huge so don't worry and let the skillups come while making gil. I don't have any sub 100 parses but the differences between 100 and 110 +full gear/setups were very minimal

of course there is the alternate method where you purposefully try to catch fish with the rod and get the "too small" message. It doesn't count towards fatigue so as long as your bite rate isn't horrible you could theoretically get crazy amounts each day.

And god I sorta miss the /fish days. Would have a maccro with /fish /wait 30 or whatever /fish etc so I could leave a couple minutes at a time
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well as someone stated the last part is more luck though not like it matters since the skill only helps your rates very slightly and you are already in your money fish the key really is getting the skill up ring and making sure you don't try to far a gap and get to fatigue cap each day... iirc I did shall shell to 50 or so. Silver shark to around 60 then off to nasmau to catch Mercanbaligi and Ahtapots capping at like 86 and 90 iirc. Usually got 1-2 lvls a day 2-4 with ring. But had a few crazy days of more like 8 lvls. After that I really just stay there since npcing them is decent gil till I get ebisus rod... and generally if you lvl up that quickly you will be waiting if nothing else on getting the gps for the KI lol. Then just plug away at money fish with ebisus and you will eventually get up there but again the difference between skill isn't huge so don't worry and let the skillups come while making gil. I don't have any sub 100 parses but the differences between 100 and 110 +full gear/setups were very minimal

of course there is the alternate method where you purposefully try to catch fish with the rod and get the "too small" message. It doesn't count towards fatigue so as long as your bite rate isn't horrible you could theoretically get crazy amounts each day.

And god I sorta miss the /fish days. Would have a maccro with /fish /wait 30 or whatever /fish etc so I could leave a couple minutes at a time
    gonna try to shall shells next month gonna let you know how it worked for me thx /cheer
    and i guess i try to get one of these skill up rings didn know there ar some.......
    (0)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Bots will bot regardless what you do to them, they'll keep botting 24/7 whether you stick limitations on them or not. So please enough of the nonsense fishing nerfs that make skilling up a painful chore for legit players. This is the worst profession in the game and it is not fun, and I for one play games for the fun factor not for 2-3 hours of boredom.
    If you don't like fishing or don't have enough time for it there's an easy solution : don't fish.
    (1)

4. 09-04-2013 09:39 AM

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think you may be looking thru slightly rose tinted googles. Maybe your server was just crazy ebisu fish were only 20-30k on Ramuh back in 2008... of course hardly anyone sold them. And you didn't have to farm bait then since zaldon was out

Anyways I don't really see any difference between "legit" farming and farming for gil to pay for something. I mean without that there would be litterally no game economy and pretty much no use for gil
    (0)

6. 09-04-2013 01:01 PM

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It's probably more of a gil loss thing. Back when I was making my first ebisu I basically had to camp the ah to get the few that went up for 20-30k. I really don't see any difference. Being pragmatic I do or try to do what I feel is most efficient with my game time. If I'm trying to get something there is no real difference other than preception in effort applied to directly farming that exact item or some other item to effectively exchange it for something else. Purposefully going the hard route unless you actually enjoy that just seems like pride run amok. But it's your game so you play however you see fit. But think of it in real world terms. Would you do everything thing in stratch for your life from growing your food to making all the material in the electronics in the computer you are posting this on or do just a few and exchange the fruits of your labors for the things you want? Again your choice but no need to be angry at the people who actually participate in the economy for their benefit or the game for having one... and even without AHables there would be alot more mercing then there already is. Just cause it's ra/ex don't mean you can't sell it ^^

There has always been big ticket awesome items. kclub, scorp harness, PCC, novia etc.

Sure right now you can buy a staff that does more like 3 times the dmg of 99 magians but only on t1s the dmg is actually about the same on T5s. That's not bending over for gil that's new content having new stuff. Delve megaboss stuff has an high ilvl. But the direct drops are even higher so the only reason the usual best staff for nuking for those jobs is buyable is because there is no staff dropping delve boss... yet. But really still really good gear from skirmish 2 and plasm stuff. In fact alot of it is best in game sorta making you farm to stay the best. Anyways as far as acheivement it only robs you if you let it. Back when I was making first ebisus my lu shangs was breaking litterlaly 2/3s the gugs I got on the line and I didn't have a woodworker and even at 20k each it still took alot of fishing and ah camping to get it so still something of an acheivement. Plus sometimes you gotta do stuff to pay da bills not just cause it's what ya like lol. Also I'd say there was times when fishing was broken... the days of selling rusty gear to npcs for like 10k gil or whatever it was was kinda crazy
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.

8. 09-05-2013 09:36 AM

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well see it doesn't work for you because you seem to derive some enjoyment it. That's your thing. There are people out there that like to grow there own food and cook from scratch too. There are probably real life weavers out there that actually grow there own material and card it and weave it. Though many don't. But their is no one that does everything little thing of every little thing themselves. Not for awhile anyways. It's rather inefficient. You still do the same thing but with different things at least in real life. It's really just a choice of where you'd rather spend more of your time usually based on either what you are good at or what you enjoy. No reason to be down on someone because they like different parts of the game or life in different amounts than you do. This is an MMORPG that's kinda the whole point. Have tons of different things that appeal to different people.

I didn't back then . But then again I had horrible play time. And SH was like 14 mil <.<. This is actually part of why I lvld fishing. It was a steady source of income I could jump in and out of quickly so could be fit around my rather random play hours. Well see you are taking the effort needed to get the gil out of the equation again which is a false premise.And see you are once again comparing lvl 99 content to 117. That is the difference. Lvl 99 weapons are rather crazy compared to 75 as well it's gear progression. The only way for this not to happen is to litterally make nothing new worth getting ahable. But that would be rather silly thing to do especially with how fast this gear progression is going. Given how horrible the NA community and lss are over here I doubt I would every get a boss weapon without getting an EU shell to merc the boss for me. So the ah versions are litterally the only way for me to get stuff that is better than the NQ delves well either that or ditch my job so I can be on when the EU stuff goes or try to get into some jp shouts lol. Again if you don't like that and want to and can farm your weapon by all means go ahead and do it. But just as there is nothing wrong from playing that way (and in fact plenty of people are making gil doing that lol) there is nothing wrong from buying it either. I think the fact that they provided a few slightly worst buyable but left most of them requiring the fight to be a rather happy median between the 2 ideologies. Everyone gets there way unless there way is to make others do it there way lol
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-05-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I want to be able to throw ranged-slot explosives into the water and instantly catch a bunch of fish.
    (0)

11. 09-05-2013 12:43 PM

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    I want to be able to throw ranged-slot explosives into the water and instantly catch a bunch of fish.
    But then they would already be pre cooked . Speaking of which how does shooting a tiny rabbit with a huge cannon not ruin the meat?
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I agree with you on a lot of your points, which you have made very well by the way. Especially that people should play games in the way that makes them happiest. I hope people enjoy playing ffxi and stay in the game lol. I'm not 'down' on anyone. But this game was cherished by many people for being a fairly challenging and stratified game where you earned stuff slowly through effort. Now you can sleepwalk to 99 on a new char, get some online gil, buy ebisu, buy a skillup ring via the RMT mules that sell ranking fish for 15m~ each, which btw they are often selling five or six fish at 100% base min/max weight which is impossible to catch five or six nullpoint fish, you might fish all day for weeks and get two or three fish that are close to the min/max, but I see RMT mules selling bagfuls of min/max weight fish at 15m each and I dont see how they doing that without hacks of some kind. So you can buy ebisu rod, buy skillup ring, buy a gaxe that is twice as powerful as the one used by a WAR who played the job for ten years and he started working on REMs years ago, your AH weap can out-DD him and you can do all this in your new-adventurer pyjamas. You cant really compare that to farming ksnm ODS etc. for a few weeks or months to save up for a SH in the old days.
    But really if you are enjoying fishing that is what matters, if you buy your rods or w/e. This thread however is saying basically 'I don't like fishing, will buy lushang/ebisu and want to go afk while fishing anyway coz its boring' which sort of defeats the point of being in the fish guild to begin with imo, which was about travelling vanadiel, seeing the sights and having fun catching different fish and relaxing and stuff, doing the fishing quests using persistence, while also obtaining ingredients for your cooking at the same time.
    I think this is kind of where the crux of our difference is. RMTs are a problem and indeed seriously harm gameplay in lots of ways for lots of players. I think most people who aren't RMTs or buy gil from them can agree to that. But where we seem to differ is you seem to at least somewhat blame the system for the cheaters and not the cheaters themselves. Like someone who just goes and buys gil online (though in sense you could apply the whole time efficiency argument to that if it wasn't cheating) and buys whaterver yeah they definitely kinda bypassed the game and in some ways can lower harm gameplay of others not to mention themselves. But actually going out and farming things yourself to exchange either directly or thru medium of gil still keeps the spirit of the game so to speak. And ya know doesn't violate the ToS <.<

As far as the whole skillup ring thing... ya know I've kinda wondered that. I mean I've looked into various bots a bit and know people online that use/make them but haven't heard of something like that... but then again I've also heard a story of someone that could hack the game so good he could do things like DC other people including GMs or put your relics in your bazaar forever lol. So I'd guess something like fish weight could be hackable. I mean speaking of the KSNM I'm told a long time ago that you used position hacking you could warp right from 1 KSNM instance to another till you used them all up with only having to enter once. I mean look at salvage people were duping stuff like crazy. NNI people were getting full sets within a month walking thru walls and running at speeds that make flee look like crawling lol. And that I think is the real problem here. Fishing or farming or gear or whatever gil or no gil if someone wants to cheat hard enough they can get pretty much anything in this game without the effort and time and well just the gameplay that it should require. It's sad but it's going to be there no matter what...

As far as fishing goes I almost think the old style of fishing would bring back more honest fishers. I mean lets face it fishing is rather boring to most so being able to /fish every now and then while watching TV in the background is alot more appealing then reeling a fish in. On the other hand botters don't care at all since they aren't there anyways and the reeling the fish in requires the game to know what fish it is for fatigue so once they learned how to read that it actually made things alot better for them. Before they actually had to be able to kill a monster they might reel up now they can just not reel it up. So now bans mean alot less since they don't have to lvl or gear or skillup characters at all. Either that or they could just reprogram how it works and just keep that info server side until it's reeled up and only send a fatigue value and then ya know make sure fish overlap and such. And of course there is doing your part and sending in reports to the STF whenever you see fishy behavour .
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.

14. 09-07-2013 10:01 AM

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That's what I mean I blame the cheaters not the system. As cheaters always gunna cheat. Man 15 mil... I don't think I'd pay more than 100k... cause in the end I'm waiting on gps to get my ebisus and the faster skill up rate wont make it's money back on stuff you can catch with lu shangs unless you get lucky spot in the market with cooking. But yeah if you can throw away 15 mil on a single fish just to get to 90 or so in 2 weeks instead of 4 why the hell are you fishing? You clearly have better ways of making gil and don't enjoy fishing for itself. Your server is scary. People with way more gil than sense. Then again I made ebisus for people for gil for a good year or 2 and didn't see anyone fishing up in beau... then in a period of like 2 weeks 30 people were fishing at all times. And I also see same people winning the game a few times even though you shouldn't need more than 1 ring to get to ebisus lvl....

As far as the guy RMTing... well you see you can't ban people just for bazaaring stuff. You actually have to catch them breaking the rules. Wouldn't make any sense for them to do anything. You'd lose so many subscriptions if you just started banhammering people left and right for just looking suspicous. Not completely sure but there may even be some legal reprecussions or at the very least very bad press. And considering this is one of the few subscription based MMOs out there right now and one of the few things making SE money since they have failed recently with other stuff they kinda can't afford to not play by their own rules.

As far as monitoring rmts themselves... it's rather hard (read impossible) watching so many accounts at once with very limited manpower. Ever notice how you usually get the same 1-2 GMs answering your calls? If you even get anything other than an automated go to SE support center online lol. That's why I encourage you and others to report actual rule violations or potential ones currently in progress. Not something after the fact unless you know they going to do it again soon or it's something that can be tracked down thru logs and such. So like for those suspicious fisherman maybe follow them sometime while trying to catch your own ring fish. Then report him. I'd have to defer to someone with more knowlodge on what GMs can see and not but I'd bet they'd be able to tell if someone was catching something they shouldn't have in progress... at the very least since they are probably using a bot he can see them reacting at fast enough where they will go on a watch list. And if he is really afk and doesn't respond to tells das boot. I've definitely seen that work

The little mini game is fun I guess the first few times but god gets boring after awhile. But either way imho that change was what made it really profitable for people to afk bot fish. Since that's what allowed them to know what was on the line ahead of time which lets them not catch crap or things that can break or monsters that kill them. Also lowered the likelyhood of snaps and such. That said I think they might be investigating fishing soon since someone reported something in the bugs section as a bug that looked rather suspicious problem to be having to me and they accepted it. So in a round about way they might have another serious fishing investigation. And I know every few weeks to months they tend to just go around beau poking all the fishers and jailing the afk ones. It's fun to hear the whines.... how did they know I was botting theres no way they can prove it... well they sent you 20 tells that you didn't respond to and then you continued to try in fish in jail <.<
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.

16. 09-07-2013 07:27 PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast