Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Drg black belt relevant item

Hello I was wondering if you could maybe think about creating a drg relevant black belt questline style way of building a singular piece from the ground up to have something to work for as a drg?

I was thinking the piece of choice I'd like to see done is the ammo slot and make it a re-usable angon that has stats on it.

Conserve TP, Haste, Attack, HP, MP, Hhp, Hmp, +Delay combined with accuracy, or -Delay with attack boost, Wyvern HP, wyvern PDT or MDT, STR, VIT, earth affinity, wind affinity, and lightning affinity are all stats I'd enjoy to see on it.

While any Jump ability bonuses are welcome I'd like to see a innate DA or TP bonus for all jumps added to one of the higher tier pieces (perhaps final forum?)

another interesting feature I'd like to see is Angon ability +1 where it basically tacks on an additional merit level to your angon.

IDK about wyvern breaths as this weapon doesn't primarily focus on wyvern breaths but hey if devs deem it so then let it bee!
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'd love to see more questable gear in this game as a whole. An item obtained BB-style would be great but I feel like that would really be asking too much from SE to add that because they'd have to attach a quest and story to it as well. And in all fairness, every job deserves something like this. I guess I also wonder how the quest would be completed, since there are no free-spawning NMs in Adoulin.

With that said, I would definitely do it if SE put it in the game.
    (3)

Player
    I don't see why MNK, an already powerful job gets its own quested powerful item -- Black Belt, but not any other job(actually SMN got evoker ring). All jobs should get a questline for powerful gear or a quested JA/spell.
    (5)

Player
    Wait isn't qiqiru our powerful ja?!
    (0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    unlocks new pet ability:
    Omnomnom
    Your wyvern eats the next monster that is below 25% health, gaining 25% of the monsters stats and the ability to use three of their TP moves for 20 minutes.
    (1)

It will just be out-dated by the time anyone does the quest... just like noone uses BB anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Except BB is still relevant and a usable belt as a mnk moving into audolin besides that BB is getting an upgrade, so if BB is getting an upgrade they could just make drg angon relevant to the same from the getgo
    (0)

Player
    I think all jobs that didn't get a Legion spell, should get a job specific piece of equipment that's quested or comes from a hard fight that gives them a potent bonus to one or more JAs.

For DRG it could be a r/ex angon that never gets consumed and inflicts a weaker Defense Down(15%+5% from merits) but the status it inflicts is called something else and has a different icon so it stacks with other defense downs. Or it could be an Ammo piece that gives a vast amount of Jump TP bonus or Enhances Jump DMG by a large amount.
    (0)

Player
    SE won't be upping jump dmg for awhile. they said they are happy wth where it's at currently.
    (0)

Player
    I mean they've given so many buffs to SAM's damage output in the past 5 years unrelated to gear/weapon selection.

-Zanshin was modified to give DA when Hasso is up. So SAM/WAR has 20% DA when hasso is up.
    -Fudo was incredibly powerful then they got Shoha which was even stronger; meanwhile Reso/Stardiver was needed for DRKs and DRG because their empy WS was crap; yet SAMs was already very top tier.
    -Hagukre
    -The Last Resort thing from /DRK pretty much only benefits SAM/DRK since Hasso+LR stack; WAR and DRG needs /SAM's tools so they don't benefit from /DRK.

DRG by comparison has gotten so few damage buffs. We got some parry/eva/hp, our Wyvern got ILevel bonuses(makes them very powerful on TW, makes them still flimsy against NMs/HNMs.

We still need some kind of damage buff. Something that enhances either Haste/Crit/Attack/Multistrike; some kind of offensive ability. Stardiver is a good WS but it's just that. Good. It's not excellent or amazing or powerful. We don't have a strong ability to use before a WS to increase our WS damage any higher. WAR SAM and DRK have abilities to modify their WS damage to make them deal exponentially more.
    SAM has Hagakure/Overwhelm/Hasso/Konzen-ittai
    WAR has Berserk/Aggressor/Blood Rage/Warcry/Restraint/Warrior's Charge
    DRK has Scarlet Delirium/Last Resort/Souleater

If DRG got like 1 or 2 abilities, one that adds +Attack/Haste and lasts for 2-3min and another that makes the next Jump deal 2x damage and give back 2x more TP(like Power Surge in FFXIV) or let wyverns occasionally give DRGs some of their TP. It could be trait called Dragon Heart. 10% of the time, the TP the Wyvern would normally gain from a successful hit would instead go to the Dragoon. So 10% of the Wyvern's hits would give the Dragoon like 7-8% TP. It's just that Wyverns do pitiful damage to NMs, still hitting Tojil and other Delve NMs for 80-90s with like 40-60 damage breaths even with Upukirex's Item Level 119 and Empathy lv5 Parameter Boost. Either let us lock away Wyvern Breaths so we can Spirit Link every 90 seconds for a free, large chunk of TP from our wyverns or let wyverns contribute some of their TP to the master occasionally.

DRG right now is powerful but only because Upukirex exists. Wait until the Item Level 119 Greataxe comes out with like +25% DA and the 119 Scythe comes out with like 290 base damage and WS DMG+30%, then watch how DRG falls back into like 4th/5th place DD behind WAR/DRK/SAM/RNG/MNK.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 09-03-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast