Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Seems like you have to be level 30+ in game to use the forums. And you need to be high level to even use the auction house. But still doesn't prevent people from selling Gil lol..

So yeah those are also turn offs in 14. And I didn't even have to read the quest and figure anything out other than glance at where I have to go and who I have to talk to. They put the locations on the map and show you where to Go lol...That's how easy quests are.

Which I think defeats the purpose of playing a real RPG. Too easy sucks.

Point is hardcore gamers who are accustomed to FFXI might come back to this game.

FFXIV to me just looks too eye candy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-31-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    It would prove hard to do a merge as i bet if you logged in during JP prime time the numbers would be 2k plus at least they are on my sever
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    It would prove hard to do a merge as i bet if you logged in during JP prime time the numbers would be 2k plus at least they are on my sever
    I stay logged in 24/7. I work at a computer. It's never over 1,500 on Cerberus. It's usually a lot less.
    (0)

Character
    Spelljr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It have been like this for a while now. Not just because ff14, Lakshmi barely reaches 800+ players online for almost a year. Half of that number are afks/mules. the only days that have 1k+ is on weekends
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    Think they'd shut down low populated servers and merge low populated ones together so XIV has more space?
    Do you think they use the same server hardware for FF11 and FF14? Do you think each FF11 world is on a single server dedicated for only that world?
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Original post deserves 100+ likes.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Do you think they use the same server hardware for FF11 and FF14? Do you think each FF11 world is on a single server dedicated for only that world?
    If they were smart, all this crap would be running on hundreds of Virtual machines at some giant data center that provides physical and network security, redundant power company connections, Generators, connections to multiple top tier fiber providers, fire / flood alarms systems and off site redundancy.

Knowing SE though, it's probably on some old Dell tower servers in a basement somewhere.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Seems like you have to be level 30+ in game to use the forums. And you need to be high level to even use the auction house. But still doesn't prevent people from selling Gil lol..

So yeah those are also turn offs in 14. And I didn't even have to read the quest and figure anything out other than glance at where I have to go and who I have to talk to. They put the locations on the map and show you where to Go lol...That's how easy quests are.

Which I think defeats the purpose of playing a real RPG. Too easy sucks.

Point is hardcore gamers who are accustomed to FFXI might come back to this game.

FFXIV to me just looks too eye candy.
    Stop spreading false information.
    To use the forums you simply have to be registered on the lodestone. To use the auction house you only need to finish the 2nd tutorial main story mission where you are told how it functions along with how to use npc vendors.

Even if you can find the npc the real part of the quest is completing their request instead of fruitlessly running around for hours, their requests can involve killing x creatures to searching for well hidden objects.

The game is purposely easy in the beginning to allow leeway for players to get used to the game's systems; from how quests work, to dodging AoEs, to understanding the various mechanics of their jobs and using tools such as medicines to survive. Such quest is the level 15 main story battle in which not using an antidote to cure the poison makes it extremely easy for most players to lose.

End game there is various challenges that are by no means easy but are fun, rewarding and challenging but most of all fair whilst all abiding by the rules established early in the game.
    (1)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    If they were smart, all this crap would be running on hundreds of Virtual machines at some giant data center that provides physical and network security, redundant power company connections, Generators, connections to multiple top tier fiber providers, fire / flood alarms systems and off site redundancy.

Knowing SE though, it's probably on some old Dell tower servers in a basement somewhere.
    Actually in a dev post over at FFXIV news page the head producer explained that they are indeed using computers as their servers. So yeah you were right on target.
    (0)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    school time & FFXIV came out around the same time. it will be back to normal soon
    It'd at least recover a bit if fall update:

1. Fix REM properly.

2. Introduce next tier of delve boss that offers 10 times more challenge than current delve boss content.

3. Bring back sense of accomplishment for everything you'd do in this game, and keep players motivated, want to stick around, with their close friends and LS.

If they continue to give players crap boring easy content like skirmish2 that has nothing to do with epicness nor excitment, and REM stays dead, I'm done with this game, and I expect a lot of other players disappointed with current game direction would quit too.
    (1)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast