Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Next Jobs after Seekers of Adoulin?

Hello guys, many of us including myself always wonder what will Square Enix come up with next for the game, and while the "Seekers of Adoulin" expansion is quite new eventually we know Square Enix will embark us in a new adventure in vana'diel. One of the things that is usually introduced with these expansion packs is new jobs so I thought that it will be a great idea for the playerbase to vote for the jobs that they would like to see next in the game.

Suggestions:
    I.) Add a job overview
    -Why?: Adding a job overview will give us and Square Enix an idea of how the new job could fit into the lore.

II.) Add a small framework
    -Why?: Adding a small framework of how the job works will give Square Enix ideas of
    how to add the job with interesting mechanics.

While these things aren't necessary I do recommend them because they could help give Square Enix a better idea of how these new jobs can function. I will post the first idea soon to give an idea of how you could format it, but if you want you can just put the jobs name and thats all.

***Tally***

Jobs will be added in the tally when they are suggested.

1.) Time Mage: 2
    -Masters of time and space

2.) Necromancer: 3
    -Unholy casters that bring the dead back to life, and uses dark magic.

3.) Chemist: 6
    -Medics that use medication to heal and enhance allies, as well as provide support with bombs and poisons, or also known as engineers when they focus more on their damage dealing side.

4.) Mime: 4
    -A copycat job that uses their own party members strengths into their own advantage.

5.) Onion Knight: 2
    -Ultimate Job combines 2 or more jobs into one with little limitation other than having the jobs you want to fuse leveled.

6.) Morpher: 3
    -A druid or shapeshifter that uses monster forms to their advantage.

7.) Viking: 2
    -A type of warrior offspring; some guesses as to what it might do is wield two 2 handed weapons, and maybe has similar abilities to berserkers like enrage.

8.) Sage: 1
    -The sage could be considered the ultimate Mage, being able to cast Black Magic, White Magic and Summoning Magic. However, the Sage is physically very weak with virtually no prowess with weapons.

9.) Defender: 1
    -Defenders focus on protecting attack when surrounded. but their Aura ability can make them a permanent field party. True to their name, they have excellent HP and Defense which makes them difficult to injure.

10.)Mystic: 1
    -Uses the forces of darkness and light to deal devastating damage to their enemies comparable to the strength of black mages.

(2)
    Last edited by skullreaper; 08-30-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Player

Example #1

New Job: Time Mage

Job Overview: The masters of time and space, Time Mages (TIM) are able to influence the direction of time to offer a better opportunity for their allies, or to hinder their enemies with their inescapable future. Although time magic exists in vana’diel these mages are actually very well known for their use of dimensional magic which allows them to bend light and space to their will. Time Mages are also fairly different from the other magic users of vana’diel due to their interesting techniques such as rewinding time to recover their allies’ health or curse their enemies by wreaking there health with the effects of aging.

Mechanics: Instead of using regular magic they use, they function like geomancers uses a prefix to describe it as a different magic spell for example time magic would be described as "T.Haste" also known as Temporal Haste, and for dimensional magic it would known as "D.Demi".

Skills:
    Time Magic: A +
    Dimensional Magic: B -
    Clubs: C +

Example #2

2.) New Job: Chemist (Uses potions to heal party members, and to inflict status effects on enemies.)
    3.) New Job: Necromancer (Uses necromancy to summon undead creatures, and dark magic to heal party members by channeling their health.)
    (1)
    Last edited by skullreaper; 08-27-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    To be quite frank, I don't think there'll be anything else for FFXI in terms of new jobs. While the thought of Necromancer would be fun, it'd be another reason for Summoners to throw a hissy fit. What purpose would a time mage hold aside from haste/slow? The only magic altering time any further is 'stop' which I highly doubt would happen because it'd no doubt be a glorified version of terror since that effect is the closest thing to the ability 'stop'.

Chemist I don't think would serve any difference since...well...most medicines aren't that effective since Abyssea hit and came out with the amazing temporary medicines. Aside from the possibility of hurling a lucid potion 1 at a buddy but in a nutshell the job would be useless if you ran out of meds right? Whereas you can have a mage who can hurl both healing and enfeebling magics, so this job probably wouldn't have much use aside from maybe throwing re-raisers at people or perhaps Hermes Quenchers.
    (4)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    the only job i would like to see added is onion

job onion
    the ability to select abilitys, skills, spells, etc. from other jobs(only ones you have unlocked and lvled) to make a custom job for your style of fighting

to do this job right you need to give the job a max point allotment for each of these job abilitys, weapon skills, spells, traits, etc. but with out sub jobs
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    the only job i would like to see added is onion

job onion
    the ability to select abilitys, skills, spells, etc. from other jobs(only ones you have unlocked and lvled) to make a custom job for your style of fighting

to do this job right you need to give the job a max point allotment for each of these job abilitys, weapon skills, spells, traits, etc. but with out sub jobs
    Wow I'm not gonna lie, not only does this let us find out how people truly play the game (Aggressive, passive, tactical, etc etc) it'd clue devs in to what style proves to be successful in a fight and it'd give the playerbase another thing to play with.
    (0)

Sounds like he wants one job to mimic FFXIV's job system. It would either be broken, or so restrained that it was pointless.
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    what you dont get is the job onion is a Final Fantasy classic

and it would allow people to setup a job for hoe thay want to play depending on there day
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I've always thought Mime would be interesting.

They could mimic party and enemy abilities, but have JAs that modify them in different ways. (Differing from blue mage in that they can only mimic previously used attacks in a small time frame.)

They could possibly have B+ or so rank in most weapons and have a wide gear selection allowing for customization and strategy. This could be offset by a lack of their own abilities, being reliant on monster or party member abilities. This sort of job would make sense this late in the game where most people have leveled multiple jobs and have lots of gear sets, etc. (This would also add a job that was very useful for WS procs)

Perhaps they would gain an unique JA or trait based on which subjob they had equipped.

The main mimic ability could be a targeted JA which causes the mime to mimic the target's last used JA or spell. Mimic would likely have a limit like Scholar's stratagems or such.

One idea for a mimic JA would be a non-magic accession of sorts. I.E. Monk uses Formless Strikes, Mime uses JA, mimics and spreads effect to party.

Or maybe when a party member uses a JA or persistent effect spell the mime could use an ability that causes the JA or spell to 'rebound' and re-effect the original target of the JA or spell once it wears off, but at half duration. Call it "Encore" or something like that.

Obviously there would be balance stuff to worry about, just throwing some ideas out there.

This describes some interesting ways this job could be taken: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mime
    (2)
    Last edited by Moppet; 08-27-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    To be quite frank, I don't think there'll be anything else for FFXI in terms of new jobs. While the thought of Necromancer would be fun, it'd be another reason for Summoners to throw a hissy fit. What purpose would a time mage hold aside from haste/slow? The only magic altering time any further is 'stop' which I highly doubt would happen because it'd no doubt be a glorified version of terror since that effect is the closest thing to the ability 'stop'.

Chemist I don't think would serve any difference since...well...most medicines aren't that effective since Abyssea hit and came out with the amazing temporary medicines. Aside from the possibility of hurling a lucid potion 1 at a buddy but in a nutshell the job would be useless if you ran out of meds right? Whereas you can have a mage who can hurl both healing and enfeebling magics, so this job probably wouldn't have much use aside from maybe throwing re-raisers at people or perhaps Hermes Quenchers.
    Obviously the jobs would be much more in depth than what you are describing of a time mage or necromancer; however, this really isn't a framework thread so ill just give a little example.

1.) Time Mages: would alter all forms of time to enhance and debuff there allies; while using powerful dimensional magic to deal damage to enemies.

2.) Necromancer: in my opinion necromancer minions would be very weak and squishy; however, there main talent will lie in their allies to heal and enhance with dark magic which they transform from a destructive form.

3.) Chemist: Obviously if Chemist is added into the game many more meds would come with the job, it not like SE would add a geomancer without their own unique spells.

While there are many jobs, what makes this game unique is the vase amount of jobs that it adds to the game, and in my opinion a necromancer or chemist would have been much more unique than scholar and rune fencer which were basically upgrades to red mage melee and casting form yet they were added and accepted.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by skullreaper View Post
    Obviously the jobs would be much more in depth than what you are describing of a time mage or necromancer; however, this really isn't a framework thread so ill just give a little example.

1.) Time Mages: would alter all forms of time to enhance and debuff there allies; while using powerful dimensional magic to deal damage to enemies.

2.) Necromancer: in my opinion necromancer minions would be very weak and squishy; however, there main talent will lie in their allies to heal and enhance with dark magic which they transform from a destructive form.

3.) Chemist: Obviously if Chemist is added into the game many more meds would come with the job, it not like SE would add a geomancer without their own unique spells.

While there are many jobs, what makes this game unique is the vase amount of jobs that it adds to the game, and in my opinion a necromancer or chemist would have been much more unique than scholar and rune fencer which were basically upgrades to red mage melee and casting form yet they were added and accepted.
    The fact of the matter however is that Time Mage just doesn't fit in with the current lineup with magic. If things like stop got put in, ok then it'd either have to be one impressive spell or else it'll just be trumped by Absolute Terror from a BLU. Then you have the jobs which can cast Haste, and some that can basically have access to Hastega (SMN and BLU when you diffuse animating wail)

Necromancer is just a summoner with skeletons, there's literally nothing else to it.

Chemist while it would be useful, is probably going to be about as useful as a Ninja when they run out of their respective items. A ninja can evade and preserve their shadows, but if a chemist has to keep spamming their potions and whatnot, you're going to run out and you're going to be useless.

Quite frankly there's more to a job than stats, there's also story relevance such as their artifact quests. They all have a story to them, such as PLD is hunting down a deceased knight and finding a traitor, whereas BLU is the Immortal (You) finding out the truth behind what becomes of a Blue Mage if they succumb to the beast.

Time Mage would be far too rare and significant for players to play like crazy, there'd have to be a huge story behind the reappearing of time guardians (Since most time-based individuals are considered guardians of space and time). While it'd make for amusing plot that maybe the current time guardian is about to pass, and has selected you to carry on his task.

Chemist I don't see how anything plot-wise could come of it besides a few luls-worthy cutscenes of experiments going awry.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast