Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Did you know that capes appearing in soul pyres only became widely known recently? That's because they are incredibly rare. If the cape drop rate was the same for soul pyres and reives, cape-hunting players would just ignore reives and cleave mobs for pyres. I've only heard of one instance ever of a cape even loading in a soul pyre. Let me know if you've heard of other accounts.

I did misread your post, I see now. But I still think it's a terrible idea to do anything in Dho gates.
    (4)
    Last edited by detlef; 09-12-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Did you know that capes appearing in soul pyres only became widely known recently? That's because they are incredibly rare. If the cape drop rate was the same for soul pyres and reives, cape-hunting players would just ignore reives and cleave mobs for pyres. I've only heard of one instance ever of a cape even loading in a soul pyre. Let me know if you've heard of other accounts.

I did misread your post, I see now. But I still think it's a terrible idea to do anything in Dho gates.
    Twice, now. I had a friend blow getting the Ranger cloak out of a pyre because he had no idea how they worked when he randomly decked a monster in Ravine. People are barely killing non-Reive monsters in those zones as it is, so mass-murdering normal mobs is virtually unheard of.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So here's a question then. Why go to Dho Gates when people are barely killing non-reive monsters?
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So here's a question then. Why go to Dho Gates when people are barely killing non-reive monsters?
    Bounce between the Reives available and actually not be blown out of the water by the horde before evaluations, kill non-Reive monsters while they're respawning. What's better, 1-2 Reives being available for a shot at a back piece + pyres or no Reives but Pyres only?
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Are we talking about solo?
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    TO be honest, in my opinion, this should have been automatically delegated to the Inventors Coalition once the Artifact 4 capes were introduced as drops.
    (1)

7. 09-13-2013 03:01 PM

Character
    Soraishin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i was lucky and got Yokaze Mantle as my second cape which is the one i was after but then i seen gunslinger's cape and have been on the hunt since, only to get WHM, RDM, BLU and SAM capes, its like the capes for the jobs you have leveled up elude you at ever turn. I think capes relevant to the jobs you have leveled should have priority when dropping assuming you can get one to drop with the overcrowded reives.
    (0)
    ()) crayola ))>

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    Bounce between the Reives available and actually not be blown out of the water by the horde before evaluations, kill non-Reive monsters while they're respawning. What's better, 1-2 Reives being available for a shot at a back piece + pyres or no Reives but Pyres only?
    Are we talking about solo?
    Since you didn't respond, I assume you're talking about soloing things. If so, keep in mind that the Dho Gates reives are colonization reives, which are 1 hour respawns. Also, they have two roots to kill (possibly 3 but my memory says 2), which means that it takes a much longer time to clear than a lair reive would. Therefore it makes much more sense to kill fodder in Marjami and do lair reives on the side when you can.
    (1)

10. 09-26-2013 11:21 AM

Player
    Necrobump, but I still think a cape exchange would be a great idea.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Necrobump, but I still think a cape exchange would be a great idea.
    Congrats. That's what's happening on monday. LOL
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast