Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Skillchains needs to be updated.

Finally got some good gear for my samurai and started playing the job after 2 months without using it. But I noticed that my skillchains are dealing very weak damage. Like I could do a Shoha for 2.5k, but light skillchain deals around 200 most of the time? Very few times (10% at the very most) that my skillchain deals the proper amount of damage. and these are against colonization mobs in Marjami Ravine.

After witnessing this, I finally understand why Samurais aren't very useful nowadays. At least in my case where I heavily depend on opening and closing skillchains to contribute maximum damage output.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, you failed to follow their post format, but it would not have mattered. This problem is apparently not a bug, which seems to be their new shorthand for "working as intended," despite being an obvious flaw.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...n-Resist-Rates
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I would have understand that if the target were a notorious monster and is highly resistant to magic, but regular mobs?

If it is "working as intended" then the following job abilities and traits are worthless.
    • Sekkanoki (Why wait until 200% TP?)
    • Konzen-ittai
    • Sengikori
    • Wild Flourish
    • Immanence
    • Chain Affinity
    • Skillchain Bonus (Job trait)

I leveled Samurai because they had a more tactical approach in using weaponskill. I memorized other job's weaponskill skillchain affinity to help support this. For example:
    • Shinjin Spiral -> Tachi: Shoha = Light (100% +21%)
    • Tachi: Gekko -> Shinjin Spiral = Fusion (60%) -> Tachi: Shoha = Light (150% +21%)

If no changes are done, and if this is what is expected for the future, I really can't see the reason why players should use Samurais when other jobs outperforms with DoT and have access to weaponskills that are of the same caliber (or better) as that of Tachi: Shoha.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I agree with you and already reported this myself (hence the bug report). Their problem is that they didn't actually think iLevel through that well before implementing it.
    (0)

Character
    Geriond
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    They have already announced (like a month ago) that they are planning fixing this, as well as a few other problems by giving you bonus magic accuracy based on the weapon skill + on adoulin weapons.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    They have already announced (like a month ago) that they are planning fixing this, as well as a few other problems by giving you bonus magic accuracy based on the weapon skill + on adoulin weapons.
    I did not know that, thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I did not see that. Got a link?
    (0)

Character
    Geriond
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5829662

It was delayed, but should be coming in the fall patch.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I wish that's what the link said, but:
    Do you plan to continue to strengthen the magic accuracy for dark knight, blue mage, and ninja?

Although we will be adding some magic accuracy on certain armor pieces, the main method of implementing this change will be to increase both magic damage and magic accuracy in proportion with the combat skill present on the equipped main weapon.
    Given that they're replying specifically to a question about Ninja, Dark Knight, and Blue Mage and don't mention skillchains at all, I would be unsurprised to see skillchains left out of that update... especially when they call it "not a bug" on these support forums.

An across-the-board boost to magic accuracy proportional to main weapon skill/iLevel would necessitate the adjustment of gear like Atinian Staff and would unbalance support jobs (which would now be easily usable like mains in level 75 content), so it seems more likely that they're going to ghetto code in some specific cases for those jobs.

This is just one more example of why iLevel was a terrible idea.
    (0)
    Last edited by Byrth; 08-26-2013 at 03:43 PM.