Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

We need a duty finder system for ffXI.

It will help move things along and just move the game along and more. Since there will be people paying for both versions maybe. Unless there friends passed out or went to bed or the wife went to work.

Be strict on it, unlike ff14 versions. How many more YEARS do WE have To SHOUT in the TOWN, or SEND a BLIND , hmm TELL.

Or now days program are cellphones on the shouts and see if see one and send the tell, tell them be there in 35 min. Not many are doing it that way right now since the servers are getting smaller.
    (11)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

I agree, but you might retype your post, you're kind of all over the map and it might not translate well.

Yes, I would love to be able to seek for specific assaults, or specific skirmishes or such, or etc.

Particularly important is the ability to seek while in a group. I might be farming dynamis with a friend, but I'd still want to know if someone was interested inviting me to a task we both wanted to complete.
    (6)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    would be awesome for things like walk of echoes, voidwatch, nyzul isle and other group content.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Duty Finder is broken right now, so no we don't.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hmm, yes it sounds like it could work well to arrange some kind of search feature for specific events instead of wasting hours in Jeuno shouting. The seacom is an ancient system that sort of worked when people needed to make a 5 person party for leveling up. It's lost its use and needs replacing with something more dynamic (if the PS2 can handle it.)
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Nobody uses duty finder in XIV unless they're a tank or healer.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    Nobody uses duty finder in XIV unless they're a tank or healer.
    Not even close to true. I've used Duty Finder on Arcanist for every dungeon fight so far. The only dungeon fight that went nowhere was in a pickup group that had no tank and tried to use me as a healer (which, by the way, will not work any more than it did in XI).

A Duty Finder system would work wonders in something like Delve, Skirmish, Walk of Echoes, or any other event. At least it would expose lazy-minded folks constantly shouting for Delve weapons only.
    (4)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Player
    been surviving with Duty Finder in XIV alot too. There might be several bumps on the road, but it works. Plus I don't really wait for DF all day since there's lots of things I can do in mean time.

But I think XI's a different hybrid, tho I'll be happy to get more content cleared.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Not even close to true. I've used Duty Finder on Arcanist for every dungeon fight so far. The only dungeon fight that went nowhere was in a pickup group that had no tank and tried to use me as a healer (which, by the way, will not work any more than it did in XI).

A Duty Finder system would work wonders in something like Delve, Skirmish, Walk of Echoes, or any other event. At least it would expose lazy-minded folks constantly shouting for Delve weapons only.
    Nah, even with a duty finder, those wanted gear/skill requirement would still /shout or drag LS/friend. Some ppl only do higher lv dungeons in XIV with friends/LS due to too many landmines you get with Duty Finder.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think there is a lot of content that would be duty finder friendly in FFXI. Stuff like: Story Missions, Add-on Bosses, BCNM battles, Voidwatch, Salvage, Delve, Nyzul Isle, Assaults, Limbus, etc.

As far as encountering skilled players vs randoms that will cost you a run...I don't see that as being a viable argument for NOT having one....for several reasons (aside from the fact that this already happens in player generated PUGS now).

People who only want to go with players with whom they feel comfortable and confident are still free to do so (and probably will).

Giving every player the opportunity to repeat dungeons, even if they fail it up initially, will only serve to raise the average skill (and gear) level of the whole player base. I.E.: More players will have practice and experience with party roles and know what is expected of them.

More people will keep playing and enjoying the game for a longer period of time, feed the economy, (insert beneficial effect of more people playing the game). Because even if they are shy, or maybe they aren't born leaders, or maybe have poor social skills/social anxiety...the game still helps them get into groups, make friends, join a free company, etc.

A duty finder system breaks down barriers to entry for many types of people and the game will be richer for it.

I don't think FFXI will get one. Neither the server structure nor the UI were built or configured with group forming assistance in mind. (a big mistake...and one of the main reasons FFXI was not as successful as it could have been, imo)
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast