Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [dev1156]

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Can anyone provide a picture of the current UI? I'm kinda curious as to what I'm going to -have- to play with from now on.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    provide one of the new one* sorry I goofed.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The new UI looks horrible and is completely unnecessary if it doesn't fix issues like having too few lines per macro. Seeing precious resources go to such useless garbage over other areas that really need it is mindblowing.
    (7)

Player
    Is there any plans to use the higher-resolution icons for weapons/equipments/items/etc that you have sitting archived somewhere with the new UI?

The Linkshell Community (RIP) used them when you viewed player profiles for what they had equipped, and they were damn nice and clean looking compared to what we have in the game currently.
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    Can anyone provide a picture of the current UI? I'm kinda curious as to what I'm going to -have- to play with from now on.
    Looks like someone put up a youtube video showing the new UI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahPmIFTiOA
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Didn't really see anything mind-blowing in that video. My hopes would be that we have the option to choose to keep the old UI (I'm much more comfortable using the gamepad as I began FFXI on the PS2 and still play from my 360 occasionally) and that we can have at least 2 seperate chat boxes present. I'd very much like to be able to filter all the system messages / battle spam into a seperate window from my actual chat such as LS / Party etc.
    (1)

Player
    You can pick to have either old, or new, no mix, and no being forced. They have been saying that for a long time now, nothing has changed as they even said it recently as well...
    (4)

Character
    Lynxis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm not sure how possible or realistic it would be but it would be nice to be able to condense a full equipment swap macro into a single line. Like being able to create a few gear sets and then reference that gear set in a single macro line and include this with the new UI upgrade. Food for thought if no one has thought of it yet.
    (0)

People have suggested it, but it's still a good idea.

To be able to equip all your RDMEnfeebling gear, save it as "RDMEnfeeb" and then your paralyze macro would look like

/equipset "RDMEnfeeb"
    /ma "Paralyze" <t>
    /wait 1
    /equipset "RDMIdle"
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Below is a message from Yoji Fujito in regards to feedback we have been receiving about the new UI.
    Just looking at the new UI info (I browsed the new UI system on the forum) It looks promising. It's fantastic that you have gotten it out this early for us to look at and I look forward to any improvements you implement. This is mainly as I enjoy playing on the PC versus my Xbox. Although, I do enjoy doing battles with my controller everything else I also enjoy doing mouse and keyboard so in the long run when I get a PC this is win win. Ganbatte!
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast