Thread: [dev1156]

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

[dev1156]

I like what I'm seeing and I might have just missed it, but I have one thing I'm hoping I can reposition: The Party/alliance boxes.

As it stands now the list of Party members is on the right side. After playing many years as a mage, left eye has to read text "pp", "stona" "zzzzz" etc...on the left side and the right eye has to read the Party/alliance boxes to see who's dying on the far right side (and my third eye likes to peak every now and then at the battle).

Being from NA we read left to right, if the party/alliance boxes can be relocated to the left side I would be the happiest mage in the world. Ideal for me is to have party boxes in the bottom left hand corner with text starting to the right of the party boxes
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They spent well over a year talking about/working on a new UI and they can't even make it display things like total accuracy?
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am... not a fan of the new UI.
    It's just..... too industrial for me.
    If that makes any sense.
    Though many of the changes I like a lot. (namely the macro coloring, icon tagging, and the "cool down light".)
    But the overall appearance of it......... just feels wrong.

It's too.... technical. I'm not quite sure what the perfect word for it that I'm looking for is... But it's very... sterile.
    There's no FF charm to it.
    At least not to me.
    (3)

4. 08-24-2013 01:52 AM
    Reason
    Got into it, enjoyed it.

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Reminded me of EQ UI, hope the final product significantly changes things.
    (0)

Greetings,

Below is a message from Yoji Fujito in regards to feedback we have been receiving about the new UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Hello.

Thanks so much for the feedback regarding the new UI.
    I'd like to respond to some of the system-related aspects.

To start off, we've been proceeding with the creation of this new UI based on what was commented previously in the thread titled, "New Windows Version User Interface." With that said, if there are those of you who have yet to read over this, please be sure to do so first.

Also, please understand that we are still very much in the midst of creating this new UI.
    We implemented this on the Test Server at a much earlier point than normal in order to show off the progress as well as allow you to get the general feeling of the new UI.

Due to the above, it's a bit difficult to answer in detail about particular aspects, but I would like to respond with some comments about the basic plans.
    • Using a gamepad with the new UI

Please make it possible to use gamepads with this new UI.
      While the current UI is very user-friendly for gamepad controls, we are making it so the new UI is much more user-friendly when using mouse and keyboard. It's not that gamepads cannot be used with the new UI at all, but it's quite difficult to make it function like the current UI where gamepad controls are very comfortable. Though, the special characteristics of controls for gamepads and mouse/keyboard are different, so having them exist at the same time could cause functional degradation of the UI.

However, just as I mentioned at the start, we will be making adjustments and working on the UI from here on out. Naturally, moving forward we will be doing various things to improve overall operation, so we’d like to do our best to secure ease of gamepad operation as much as possible.

• Using the new features with gamepads

Please make it possible to use some of the new features with the old UI so we can continue to use gamepads.
      Due to resolution and input device differences, it's not possible to add all of the new features to the current UI. As this was designed as a new UI, there are a lot of features that comprise it. With that said, we’d really appreciate it if you could understand that it is not so easy to separate parts from it and implement only these portions for the current UI.

However, I very much understand what you are saying, and we will continue to look into this the best we can.

• Operability improvements, new feature requests, etc.
      I've read over all of the feedback we have received thus far.
      While the fundamental plan of creating a UI that focuses around keyboard and mouse control will remain unchanged, in addition to basic improvements in operation and design, we will continue to look into gamepad support as much as possible.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Playing with the new UI, it was a bit buggy (but this is the test server). The thing that shocked me though is that it seems we still can't see others' TP. This isn't as useful as it would have once been, but still, it would be nice.
    (8)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Please tell me its current graphical design isn't the final one. I might have missed them posting saying its temporary -- but similarly, might not have. It's ugly. As all hell.
    (7)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I assumed it was temporary myself given how plain it looks (If you look at something like the new magic icons they often overdesign stuff rather than underdesign it), but I guess some reassurance wouldn't hurt.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Please tell me its current graphical design isn't the final one. I might have missed them posting saying its temporary -- but similarly, might not have. It's ugly. As all hell.
    Agreed, I hope it looks better than this. v_v
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Really don't care at all about an UI overhaul.

AF Upgrades and Delve II, yes please!!
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast