Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Many of you seem to have misinterpreted my point of this post so I will clarify.

This post was not about that we need to get +5 or higher on gjallarhorn or 5+ songs
    on daurdabla. It was not about afterglow and how to make it work.

Yes Gjallarhorn and Daurdabla are still powerful and nothing delve has outdates it.

My main point was to address the inequality between the original relic weapons
    and Gjallarhorn. All oringinal weapons had a unique weapon skill associated with the
    weapon. That was only accessable if you wielded that weapon.(till the weps that allowed
    you to do them from abyssea appeared)

Gjallarhorn and Aegis were the only 2 that didn't get a unique ability with the aquisition
    of the instrument/shield.

I'm just proposing that SE finally give Gjallarhorn something unique to distinguish it, other
    than being the ballad instrument. All other relics, aside from bow and gun are shown on the character. And you can then distinguish a relic owner visually or by when they perform the weaponskill in party. Gjallarhorn is the only relic that you have to either check the person, know the person has it already(from server rep), or see the person singing the song to see the Gjallarhorn skin. Giving Gjallarhorn a unique song would be akin to seeing the relic weaponskill during party.

Since SE said in the previous post that they will be giving Massacre Elegy(100% slow, which IMO
    would be helpful), but they didn't want all bards to have it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-Job-Manifesto

Post 8

So why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone. By putting Massacre elegy on the 99 version, it
    1) won't be for everyone
    2) fixes the inequality that existed since 75 relic when weapons got something unique, and
    3) includes us in an update where the relic weapons get boosted to higher power.

On Asura for delve, bards seem to be in high demand, but not that many people want to be bards. Perhaps if SE did add a unique song(worthwhile song) more may want to play the job.

Just because SE wrote themselves into a corner(see my post about Brd EMP+2 armor), should not exclude Gjallarhorn/Aegis from an update. They are still relics, they were just as much work as relic weapons.

An IRL analogy is that all those that have relic are employees of the same pay grade. Then the company gives a bonus out to all employees BUT the ones who are marked aegis and gjallarhorn.
    (0)

Not many people want to play bard because it can be really annoying, not because it doesn't have a new, original song.

Take Daurdabla owners for example. You go into morimar delve, sing your 3-4 songs then everyone goes off to fight. Someone pulls an eft, and the eft does dispelga TP move. All you see in the chat log is that everyone lost 1 song. Now you have to re-sing all your songs, and you have to sing them all with daurdabla again, so that the songs don't just over-write songs that didn't get dispelled.

Not to mention the 1 guy that always runs from you when you start singing.
    (3)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So just because so many DON'T like to play brd, those of use who DO enjoy playing it and want to excel in the job should be excluded?

Everyone likes to get updates, so why do we get excluded?

All I'm asking for is to be included in the update, to get something not just stagnant. That's why I think SE wrote themselves into a corner when they made brd EMP+2. They didn't forsee adoulin and have no ideas what to do for brd. I'm giving my suggestion, if they take it great, if not so be it. I've emailed SE many suggestions for brd as I love playing it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    So just because so many DON'T like to play brd, those of use who DO enjoy playing it and want to excel in the job should be excluded?
    I was specifically responding to this line here:

On Asura for delve, bards seem to be in high demand, but not that many people want to be bards. Perhaps if SE did add a unique song(worthwhile song) more may want to play the job.
    And I'm telling you that if ppl don't want to play BRD, it's not because they don't find the current list of songs interesting lol.

I've emailed SE many suggestions for brd as I love playing it.
    Oh, you're 'that guy'.
    (2)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Not sure about Massacre Elegy on Gjallarhorn. I think Gjallarhorns have become too common and easy to obtain for it. Perhaps though depending on how hard the overhauled weapons are to get. I would like it, though it would still be adding new content to an old weapon. Why Gjallarhorn and not an Adoulin era weapon or scroll? I do support giving shields and instruments something though.

I do think the songs are boring. Songs like Scherzo are interesting. I would welcome new songs with unique effects. The +242 skill update really killed the need for a lot of our buffs. If you logged in as a level 120 bard the first thing you would do if check what new songs there were and we've got nothing yet song-wise.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reain; 09-14-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I skimmed through the responses, so sorry if this has been mentioned as far.

I'm not sure why they don't plan to include Brd weapons in their updates.

I can understand how adding something like an extra song to Daurdabla, or an extra +1 to G-horn might make them "over powered", and why they wouldn't want to go that route.

However, giving them more singing/wind/etc skill would be perfectly acceptable and keep their updates in-line with what other R/E/Ms are getting. To my understanding, the whole point of adding +skill to weapons was to make up for the differences in levels and make things easier (I probably didn't explain that right, but I'm sure you get the jist of it). Basically, other weapons have +skill on them to boost their stats: att, acc, their damage goes up, they miss less. Heck, even the mage versions of weapons get that- huge amounts of Magic Accuracy and Magic Damage. Why are brd weapons any less important? Do we not need to land Elegy, Threnodies, Nocturne on higher level mobs? Should we not have slightly stronger buffs from increased skill to help counter higher level content? Every other job is given mass amounts of +skill or +magic acc/dmg, and brd is left out. Why? o_O

I don't necessarily agree that they need to give a specific song (thought it does make sense, weapons get a weapon skill, why wouldn't we get a song?), but they should at least be buffing the base stats (CHR, Skill etc) on them. Heck, the Magic Accuracy on 99 Carnwenhan is only +25, which not only fails compared to a Chatoyant staff, but is a complete and utter joke compared to the +135 on Soothsayer =/

If they were gonna give a unique song to Horn, I'd much rather prefer that it was either a third tier of March (that gives the same amount of haste as 1+2), or something like all carols rolled into one, or a "Boost-All" type spell that gives +x to each stat.
    (0)
    Last edited by Calipso; 09-15-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Player
    Im a little late to jump on this post but o well. I recentlyin september made my ghorn+harp. Firstrelic/emp for me . Needless to say I was absolutely pissed/offended when I saw shields/instruments werent being touched. Sadsad news for any pld but brd especially. At least plds got good job pertinent weapon upgrades. Carnwenhan didnt even get a time boost or anything. The excuse that brds and plds relics are strong enough is bull. Everyone deserves a boost even if it is a smaller one .... just some ideas. .. im sure theuve all been mentioned tho.

Ghorn
    - non dispellable music
    - magic accuracy
    - more + songs. Balance you say? Dds now have weapons with 200++¡ base dmg we have to keep up!
    Daurdabla
    - unlocked extra song/s via WOE method
    - more songs (yes due to clarion call why not give us 1 more max?)

Carnwenhan
    - CONSIDERABLY more somg time..... lol. Why spend 300m+ time on this when I can pick up a similar knife on the ah. This mythic is currently trash compared to others and needs some major adjustment. How about songs that dont go away til zoning? Its a multi million dollar mythic and it should perform as such.....

I do not play PLD but I feel for any pld that is upset also. Just a few ideas...

Ochain
    - chance to block/nullify magic attacks

Aegis
    - chance to absorb magic damage

We just want something. Even little tweaks like this would be progress. Its not like we expect all songs +10 and ten extra songs. Just unlock the bard songs from the harp and give us nondispellable music.aside from mainly ballads there isnt much distinguishing a relic/emp bards songs. Trust me it is humiliating as a bard when we have the best instruments in the game and our songs get busted by some low level eft. I see it as more embarassing/tedious than hard. Btw when I found out we werent getting instriment boosts I quit brd for the most part. You guys abandoned our accomplishments and I might be abandoning ff11because of it. Overpowerful my foot. Peoplewith power always need MORE. Remember that your lack of creativity/thinking outside of the box to upgrade these is just pathetic!
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Carnwenhan
    - CONSIDERABLY more somg time..... lol. Why spend 300m+ time on this when I can pick up a similar knife on the ah. This mythic is currently trash compared to others and needs some major adjustment. How about songs that dont go away til zoning? Its a multi million dollar mythic and it should perform as such.....
    Wtf .... you obviously don't know what Carn does. It's +40% song duration, the other dagger is only +10%. The important thing about Carn is that you can get your songs to last over 9m, that's longer then the duration of Delve boss fights even with less the perfect situations.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's actually 50%.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    It's actually 50%.
    Yep type on my part. That just makes it that much better then some AH dagger.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast