Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    They're not ignoring "personal" preferences. They're ignoring so many topics. Look at the recent threads and out sparse the SE replies are, especially when you weed out silly topics like "Thank you for the Login thingy".

Red mages have been pleading for some unique utility to the class for a long time. Refresh II is nice, but if you gotta choose between Bard and Red Mage, the answer is clear. If you have to choose between Geomancer and Red Mage, the answer is clear, unless Gravity II is just fundamental to the win for all those Tojil kites! (Nobody kites Tojil, and I doubt you could grav him anyway.)

Enmity adjustments? They know enmity is broken, they just don't care. Yeah, I'm a PLD main, so especially care about enmity, but ya know what? I'm not the only one. A lot of people just don't even get on PLD. There are, I think, 5 Aegises and 3 Ochains in my ls, and I'm the only one with the nerve to use PLD most the time, the others are so disheartened. PLD isn't the only Tank. Runefencer, which has existed entirely within a state of uselessness (as a tank), is something a lot of people really want to break out. Let's not forget ninja. I have never, not once, seen a ninja in delve. I've never seen one in Skirmish either.

No, when they ignored my thread for something to be done about beasty shanks, that was ignoring a largely personal request, but sorry, friends tried to help me obtain a defending ring standing in a line in a video game. I suggested 3 different ways they could modify it, two very easy, and SE never replied.

Sorry, I've got four great friends in this game, and I'm losing all four to FFXI's prettier sister tomorrow, because they've become so disheartened with FFXI and hope that XIV will bring them what XI hasn't in a while... adventure, and stuff for their small group to do. And even if endgame is alliance-level only, it will, because there's such a long leveling process ahead of them. Maybe they'll come back, but they're not leaving because FFXIV "looks really fun", they're leaving because FFXI isn't.

There's 3 things to do in this game atm, Skirmish, Kill Tojil, or try to kill Tojil. Oh wait, I forgot, I have to go stand in a line in a video game.

(Also, yeah, there's Dakuwaqa and Mugwinga, forgive me for being a little snarky.)
    (8)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 08-23-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Mr. Matsui,

Thank you for taking the time to directly respond to us. Even if it was something you had the english reps translate for you, as long as it is under your name, it makes us feel less neglected. FFXI and FFXIV comparisons aside, one thing I really appreciate Mr. Yoshida doing is simply posting in the EN and EU forums from time to time. Not your first language I understand (I'm scared to death of trying to speak in a foreign language!), but even the smallest of "Thanks for being a part of the FFXI family all these 11 years!" means a lot to us when coming from your personal wyvern. Keep it up, Mr. Matsui!
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

He quote replied to this

It seems like you are working with the people who are favorably accepting the whole concept of content levels and item levels, while you ignore the majority of feedback which are filled with criticism and concern.
    acknowledging that is is frequently enough the case. He called it his inadequacy, but he acknowledged it.

To begin to rectify that, he comes to the english forums and the one thread that he acknowledges is a thread thanking him for a job well done. That's just continuing with the same thing.
    (6)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Don't say "We just want you to reply" when what you really mean is "We just want you to agree with us."
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    Don't say "We just want you to reply" when what you really mean is "We just want you to agree with us."
    No. If you give someone a logical reason as to why something can not be done, its one thing, if you simply say nothing to them at all, its completely different. SE often says nothing at all to us, we want something, not nothing. Its not like they told us some smart answer as to why they couldn't do something, they told us nothing at all on most topics.
    (8)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    More like "We just want you to fix things that have been issues for over a year now" things that would literally take only like...10 minutes to implement. Adding Fast Cast to Dark Knight? No problemo, add the value for the job ability and tag it to Dark Knight at a certain lvl for it to be obtained. Cait Sith/Atomos? make a few AI with HP/MP, abilties and ofc their summoning/desummoning animations, and then add the cavernous maw/cait sith dats to wrap that up. Seriously it is not that much of a 'twisting your arm' thing, as most people are preaching on about (Like Karbuncle but I agree some of it does get out of hand, I only asked what the status was with campaign) it's just a simple 'hey this shouldn't take too long when you said a few years ago we were gonna be given this stuff' if they never put those on the road map, this wouldn't even be talked about. It's the fact we were -promised- the new summons (Which I'll be honest SMN NEEDS SOMETHING FRESH AND NEW) and they apparently just rolled it all up and tossed it away for that cute little sachet that makes your avatars a little stronger. Yeah stronger is nice, but we're still using the same old same old, and Odin/Alex don't get to come out and play that often anymore...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    On some things, I can't fathom a reason why they don't agree, like why they can't remove the rare tag from beastly shanks, blue pondweeds, and honey wines. (It makes sense that the higher tier is rare.). It made sense at one time but why can't I try to obtain something while having fun rather than try to obtain something instead of having fun.

On other things, like tanks being able to tank, I do wish they'd agree, but there are reasons against tanking. The one thing I can't understand is why they'd add a tank at a point in time where tanking isn't part of the game.

I can see reasons against tanking, like if they wanted to say it makes things more stale, except again, why add a tank if that's their feeling?
    (3)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 08-24-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Most of the time they observe how the community handles the new jobs, it determines their future in terms of af stats. If paladins use sentinel a lot, their af could cater to sentinel a little (As shown by Valor Leggings)
    (0)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    No. If you give someone a logical reason as to why something can not be done, its one thing, if you simply say nothing to them at all, its completely different. SE often says nothing at all to us, we want something, not nothing. Its not like they told us some smart answer as to why they couldn't do something, they told us nothing at all on most topics.
    There are enough people here that equate "illogical" to "doesn't agree with me."

They've replied to tons of common issues. Recently, they've discussed inventory size increases (and mentioned how it would increase zoning time), they've discussed why we can't solo Assault and Salvage events (they don't have the resources for that amount of instanced load), they just posted a novella's worth of information on the new PC-exclusive, mouse-based UI that people have been clamoring for since 2007, they produced a timeline for RME improvements and confirmed that Empyrean weaponskills will be unlockable, and so on and so forth. They even posted on some random stuff that only saw one thread.

Just because your one or two pet issues (Campaign, Cait Sith, adding Margarita recipes) isn't currently the hot topic of discussion, it doesn't mean the community is being ignored.

I mean, the fact that THIS VERY THREAD EXISTS proves that isn't true. "We're sorry, everyone. We see all your posts, but the language barrier is delaying our interaction somewhat. Please be patient." And the responses? "RAWR WHERES MY CAIT SITH CAMPAIGN THAT DROPS MY ILVL 199 EXCALIBUR? YOU LIE!"

MMO community representatives have tough jobs. Their job is the PR equivalent of walking through a field of Chigoes.
    (2)
    Last edited by Renaissance2K; 08-23-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If you care that much about politeness you'll appreciate that Matsui posts anything at all, but personally I find most of Matsui's (or to be more fair, the devs, since I'm sure Matsui is just the main spokesman of the dev team anyway) posts are either empty promises or non-answers so it's really not much different than no posts at all.
    (11)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast