Player

Pankration Revival/Update - Tie Pankration and Monstrosity together!

Recently I have really gotten into Pankration. It's very addicting! I have some great ideas for a Pankration revival/update/fixing what's wrong with it now.

1) Add the new monsters from SoA, WoTG, and Abyssea to Pankration.

-Pretty easy to understand why. Pankration is so out of date, even the pets you use are out of date because of all the new content.

2) Make it so the Diablo Cage cannot have draws, a.k.a. there must be a winner.

-So many monsters hold the cage because they simply draw out. It's sad to see. There's two ways to fix this.
    a) Whoever has more HP wins. Or.....
    b) Continue the fight until one of the monsters die.

3) Add new equipment that enhances how your pet fights/enhances the effects of the Speaking Tube commands.

-Always found it strange that Pankration never had gear that could help your pets fight. I think one should be added.

4) The most important update (and the revival part)......somehow tie Pankration and Monstrosity together.

-One of the ideas I have is make your Pankration monster almost an npc type thing for Monstrosity. For this to happen the level on Pankration would have to increase from 50 > 99, and your pet wouldn't be able to level outside of Pankration. If this can be tied together, I really see Pankration making a comeback.
    (1)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    A pankration update was promised awhile back but nothing came forth since then. I still hold onto a few soul reflectors in hopes that they did update pankration but it has since been collecting mog house dust. At least they learned their lesson with Monstrosity.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mnejing; 08-22-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknom View Post
    2) Make it so the Diablo Cage cannot have draws, a.k.a. there must be a winner.

-So many monsters hold the cage because they simply draw out. It's sad to see. There's two ways to fix this.
    a) Whoever has more HP wins. Or.....
    b) Continue the fight until one of the monsters die.
    c) The winner only recovers partial HP between matches if it's owner is not on the stage guiding it.

Also, the pankration trait system needs to be changed so family traits cannot be doubled up upon, such as with Dark Elementals being virtually undefeatable.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"