Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ah I think I get it. Kinda mixing up how it is and how it should be. Like how everyone lists the caps with 5/5 BA and augments and that should be the actual cap without?

As far as avatar vs smn if you are basing it on skirmish/delve nm ilvl both will have pets at 113 right now. But with bst having extra requirements to get the pets up right now and some still being lower. Of course if you have Hurkaan or the boss axe from delve then 4 jugs can go higher than avatars... but that will most likely be "fixed" along with all the other weapon types that don't hvae boss drops yet with future delve.

That said you do bring up an interesting point of what if they don't. What if all the armor and weapons ilvls keep going up but they miss adding items that increase pet lvls. While I don't like to think that would happen that was what was going on up until the last couple of updates. Hopefully the community reps are reading this and remember to including things like smn ammo, pup animators and a shit ton more jugs for bst as ilvl rises. Don't neglect major aspects of the jobs you are ilvling. This applies to both the ability to raise our pets ilvl as well as relavent "Pet:x" gear. Like all the pet:mab gear smn got this update was awesome and just what they needed. The minimal + pet:att didn't really help anyone though
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-20-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Greetings,

We mentioned previously that we had decided to cut magic evasion from the list of stats that would be enhanced for pets in the October version update, but new testing was performed and the below comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui shares new details about the adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

First off, let me begin by apologizing.
    We’ve been conducting further testing with magic evasion and have reached the conclusion that we can increase it a notch. Based on this, we will be revamping pet’s stats, and though it will be slight we will be increasing their magic evasion as well.

Below are the stats for familiars that will be enhanced in the October version update when you equip a weapon in your main hand that has an item level.

• Attack
    • Defense
    • Accuracy
    • Evasion
    • Magic accuracy
    • Magic attack
    • Magic evasion

Normally the information that is shared with you is all content that is in-development and looking at the conditions we keep it flexible and can make changes; however, for this adjustment in particular I sincerely apologize for doubling back so many times and causing confusion.

Moving forward we would like to keep informing you of things as much as possible while striking the right balance between speed and accuracy. Please understand that there may be cases in the future where we need to correct information that was announced; however, we understand that it’s not right to change things over and over like this time and we appreciate your understanding.
    (18)

Okipuit - Community Team

Hello,

Producer Akihiko Matsui has provided some responses to questions we have seen based on the beastmaster pet adjustments that took place in the recent version update.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

Matsui here.

I’d like to respond to some questions about the beastmaster adjustments.

I don’t really feel like pets got that much stronger at all. Were they really enhanced?
    With the adjustments we performed we enhanced the overall stats of pets. Defense in particular was largely boosted, and the amount of damage pets take should be greatly reduced. Also the amount of enmity lost due to damage taken has become smaller, so with the current balance we feel pets can function better as tanks.

While there is a possibility that the enemy targets the beastmaster right after the start of a fight, we’ve balanced it so that by using Snarl every time the recast timer is ready the target will stay on the pet.

These adjustments were by no means the last of the pet adjustments and we will continue to look into adjustments moving forward, but please allow us to monitor the current balance for a bit.

I still feel like pets are lacking attack power despite these adjustments…
    When it comes to high level pets that were designed to be attackers, currently there is only Scissorleg Xerin. We understand that there is a bit lacking when it comes to pets as a source of damage, and we would like to increase the choices players have by adding new pets that are attack focused.

Why is Herald Henry the highest level pet right now? Shouldn’t there be higher level pets or a way to make it possible to utilize lower level pets?
    As Herald Henry has been designed around the idea that it is a pet to be used at the same level as that of summoner’s Dashavatara Sachet and puppetmaster’s Alternator, his level cap has been set to 113.

We will be making adjustments to Beast Affinity with the idea that it is a job trait that allows you to add pets that have a lower level cap to the list of possible choices.

However, as there are no pets that reach the level cap of item level 115 Hunapu or the item level 119 Kerehcatl, we plan on implementing pets with a higher level cap. Until then, we’d like those of you who possess Hunapu or Kerehcatl to acquire Beast Affinity.

We believe that we can solve these issues by properly supplementation of equipment, and the item and battle teams are working hard to create them, so please hang in there a little while longer.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    "We believe that we can solve these issues by properly supplementation of equipment, and the item and battle teams are working hard to create them, so please hang in there a little while longer."

Is this a promise or another *example* of how it might be done? We don't want another bst TH gear fiasco on our hands.
    (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    "We believe that we can solve these issues by properly supplementation of equipment, and the item and battle teams are working hard to create them, so please hang in there a little while longer."

Is this a promise or another *example* of how it might be done? We don't want another bst TH gear fiasco on our hands.
    that wasn't a fiasco, that was a flat out lie. That being said, had they done it when they said they would the gear would probably already be obsolete, like almost every single pet buffing piece of gear in the game for beast is now. and of course both of our TH pets are already below the current ilevel cap anyway.
    (11)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    However, as there are no pets that reach the level cap of item level 115 Hunapu or the item level 119 Kerehcatl, we plan on implementing pets with a higher level cap. Until then, we’d like those of you who possess Hunapu or Kerehcatl to acquire Beast Affinity.
    So, just going to outright remove all pretense that there was ever a real choice when it came to merits?
    (11)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Thank you for the increased defense.

Really Mr. Matsui, right now Beast Affinity is a very boring but *required* trait. If we BSTs do not max it out 5/5, it is like summoner losing half their avatars. Do you think that's fair? I don't think that's fair.
    (11)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Sometimes I just want to hug him.

Not because I think what he does is good. Not because I like the content or that any of it is remotely relevant to me, but simply because I can only IMAGINE what this game's code looks like and the sort of estimates he gets in the workflow for fixing things we suggest.

I truly WANT to believe that all of the fixes we ask for make Mr. Matsui sad because he KNOWS they're the right choices but all he has is this big crappy 'reconstituted mashed potatoes' codebase and design spec and it's natural to give us things we can get in a month instead of the things we really want that would take 3.

In his position, the last post would put me close to tears. Cause you KNOW it's broken, you know that the players know it is broken, but you just don't have the time or resources to fix it.

So, from me to you, Mr. Matsui, /comfort hug.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    So, just going to outright remove all pretense that there was ever a real choice when it came to merits?
    It sounds like that's what they had been saying and for now it is but sounds like they are finally coming around to the idea of ya know fixing this huge problem instead instead of skirting around the edges and putting tape on it. Though who knows maybe what they mean is putting some pets that cap at 106 in lol. Or adding some 119 pets after they add weapons with ilvl 130
    (1)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Randnum View Post
    I can only IMAGINE what this game's code looks like and the sort of estimates he gets in the workflow for fixing things we suggest.

I truly WANT to believe that all of the fixes we ask for make Mr. Matsui sad because he KNOWS they're the right choices but all he has is this big crappy 'reconstituted mashed potatoes' codebase and design spec and it's natural to give us things we can get in a month instead of the things we really want that would take 3.

FFXI simply isn't 'that type' of game. I personally don't want FFXI to be 'that game'. FFXI was design for the RPG community, not the "I have to have everything over-night, fast & furious" player.

I truly wish some games stay underground instead of going main-stream but this is the world we have to put up with.
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast