Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
    because everyone would have the mindset of <insert job here is entitled to this buff and not that job>.
    ER, it has always been thus since I started in early '05, players whose 'main' was one job fought tooth and nail to make themselves irreplaceable in group content so they had a guaranteed place: RDM and BRD being two of the worst examples at different times, often while doing so dissing others like SMN .. and I'm sure we all remember the 'loldrg' period not in a small way caused by this attitude.
    (0)

thanks all to hell for the additional axe, but you DID notice (I hope) that while players can reach like iLevel 119 our pets are apparently stuck with 113? or is Beast Affinity supposed to cover the difference? and if it is supposed to be beast affinity then my friends and I would all like to give a big swirly (in a non-preflushed toilet) to the devs on behalf of our autos, avatars and wyverns.

Pet jobs are largely soloing jobs, if our pets can't keep up with us anymore it looks like we're all gonna be subbing reraise jobs again.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    thanks all to hell for the additional axe, but you DID notice (I hope) that while players can reach like iLevel 119 our pets are apparently stuck with 113? or is Beast Affinity supposed to cover the difference? and if it is supposed to be beast affinity then my friends and I would all like to give a big swirly (in a non-preflushed toilet) to the devs on behalf of our autos, avatars and wyverns.

Pet jobs are largely soloing jobs, if our pets can't keep up with us anymore it looks like we're all gonna be subbing reraise jobs again.
    It depends on the pet. All the old ones are 99 without beast affinity and even with beast affinity some of the cap lower than 114. The crafted ones I beleive are 103-105 without beast affinity... And then the plasm one caps at like 113+ without BA. So basically all except plasm pet which is horribly unrealistically costed are basically not going to benefit from ilvl without beast affinity which as you said is kinda BS compared to all the other pet jobs. And even with beast affinity merits we basically only have 2 pets and only 1 really usuable that will go all the way up to 119. Again I don't see the best smn ammo only lvling 1 pet lol. Or altenator only working on 1 frame.

Now they have seemed to hear our pleas and are raising the stats of the pets... kind of a roundabout way of doing things and doesn't really go to the heart of the problem but it may provide a sort of bandaid temporarily assuming it's significant
    (2)

Hello,

Below are some additional details about the planned beastmaster adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

We’ve been receiving a bunch of questions in regards to the post the other day, and I’ve asked the lead about each one.

What’s up with the level caps of familiars? There is no way to check the caps for each pet.
    The level caps for pets implemented post-Adoulin are as indicated below:

Item NamePet NameLevel CapLevel Cap with Beast Affinity 5 & Monster Gloves +2
    Swirling BrothDroopy Dortwin103118
    Shimmering BrothSunburst Malifik104119
    Spicy BrothScissorleg Xerin105120
    Translucent BrothHerald Henry113128

We’d like to make it possible to check the level cap of the pets you call with Call Beast, and we are currently looking to write the level cap in the jug item help text.

Will you be adjusting all pets, such as the ones used before Adoulin? I don’t see there being new pets added in the fall.
    In regards to the pet level cap, we will not be making adjustments to the level caps of pets implemented before Adoulin, and we plan on adding higher level pets moving forward as the content levels increase.

The current prices for jugs are very expensive. It’s annoying to make them myself and for solo players it’s really hard to get 2000 menace plasm for the delve jug.
    The development team is aware that the amount of “Swirling Broth,” “Shimmering Broth,” and “Spicy Broth,” in circulation is rather low, and we are planning to make adjustments somehow.

It’s easy to steal hate off pets. When I’m fighting with Falcorr, I swing three times and the enemy is back to targeting me. How exactly will our pets get stronger? How much will they be enhanced by an increase of their stats?
    As we plan on enhancing both the attack and defense of pets, it will be easier for them to generate hate through damage dealing and with reduced damage their hate will not be lost as fast. With that said, after this adjustment it will be much easier to keep your target on your pet.

However, for pets such as Falcorr and others that were introduced before Adoulin, you will only be able to increase their levels to a maximum of level 114 with Beast Affinity 5 and Monster Gloves +2.

With that said, when players equip Hunapu, which has a higher item level than the pet’s level cap, your stats will be higher than your pet’s stats, and considering the amount of hate generated through damage it will most likely be difficult to make these pets hold your target after this adjustment takes place.

In the event you are feeling that your pet’s ability is lacking, please try using a pet that has a higher level cap.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    None of that addresses that there are a total of three familiars, from a total of two families, capable of reaching the current highest iLVL. If Beast Affinity is taken out of the equation, there are zero familiars capable of reaching the current highest iLVL.

If new pets are only added as the highest possible iLVL increases, this particular problem will persist.
    (9)

Character
    Zadimortis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    None of that addresses that there are a total of three familiars, from a total of two families, capable of reaching the current highest iLVL. If Beast Affinity is taken out of the equation, there are zero familiars capable of reaching the current highest iLVL.
    I fear that's explicitly what Matsui is saying isn't a problem in those last three paragraphs. The main problem is difference of perspective for how the job is played, and the very unfortunate but continuing truth that, particularly for Beastmaster, the development team is trying to enforce a very particular playstyle that isn't reciprocated by the vast majority of the player base.
    (4)
    Don't make me get metaphorical with you.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    SpankWustler, I feel an inner rage boiling from within, and yet-- I continue to pay SE with some tangible, albit fleeting hope that they...I don't know, know what they're doing, I suppose. With Beastmaster.

I'm two Naakuals away from manually earning my Hunahpu (Because of course, it rarely drops to someone who actually wants it). But, I don't...want anything past that.

There's naught but a void, blacker than any abyss within the shattered land of the scarlet sky. Well, there's that, that...sound. It sounds like...pincers. Oh god, get out of my soul!-- *hides behind Falcorr*
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zadimortis View Post
    I fear that's explicitly what Matsui is saying isn't a problem in those last three paragraphs. The main problem is difference of perspective for how the job is played, and the very unfortunate but continuing truth that, particularly for Beastmaster, the development team is trying to enforce a very particular playstyle that isn't reciprocated by the vast majority of the player base.
    Yeah I get the distinct feeling they basically think that every jug should be vastly under leveled compared to all other pets and basically get outdated every ilvl update and even then only useable really with BA merits. That would be like if when they raised the level cap they had kept only putting releasing 2-3 jugs out that capped at lvl 65-70 pets at first then when the lvl cap went to 80 lvl 70-75 when the lvl cap went to 85 and so on.

I mean seriously I don't other pets jobs only getting to use a small portion of their pets. Don't see them become immediately useless after an ilvl update (in fact they get stronger). And certainly don't see the whole ilvl system basically not do anything at all for their pets if they don't use a certain merit. Wake up SE these are big imbalances between jugs and all other pets.
    (4)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't mind moving to the new critters exclusively if they were to get a base power boost comparable to how the 76+ jugs all vastly outclassed 75-era ones. Another problem is that the new armor being introduced, while great for piles of basic stats, lacks the extremely important pet enhancements of pre-Adoulin equipment.
    (2)

I see. Now, let's take the problem a step further. We are able through gear and merits to get our pets to our iLevel. There are 3 other pet jobs in the game, none of the 3 get Beast Affinity or Monster gloves +2 buff so they're stuck with gear, and that means 113. They get the shaft. So, if you give them a fix that means beast gets the shaft as they can 119 with just 1 slot while we need 2 gear slots and level 5 merits that could otherwise be used for something else. Am I reading this right? Because either way someone needs lube...
    (1)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast