World: Bahamut
    Class/Skill Rank: Monstrocity Chigoe
    Area and Coordinates: Various
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Various leeches
    In-Game Time:unknown
    Steps:
    1. So Chigoe has much lower attack then other mobs would have that lvl. I equip 45 att in instincts on but only gain 27. Basically it seems like I have a HUUUGE -40% att all the time
    2. Even worse it stacks additively with actually attack down debuff. I went out with 110 att and after being hit by a leechs acid mist which is -50% att I went down to 18. Which is more like a 83% drop
    3. Doing some math if we assume it's -40% att then chigoes att before the gimp would be183.
    4. -40% + -50% = -90%
    5. 183 *(1-.9) =18.3

I know this is probably "working as intended" but it's still broke. First that's not how actual chigoes work. Second getting -40% att while most other mobs are getting 10-20% boost is not really balanced especially on a mob with NO TP MOVEs. And third as I have shown this will create situations where when fighting monsters (or later players) with att down moves it will be easily possible to make it so the chigoe will have 0 att making it impossible for even a lvl 99 chigoe to deal physical dmg to even lvl 1 monsters
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It is working as intended. You get an attack penalty in exchange for hitting faster.

If you don't like it there are a ton of other monsters you can play
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    It is working as intended. You get an attack penalty in exchange for hitting faster.

Neither of those are really acceptable. Its a design flaw in the monster. You attack a little faster, but you end up losing almost half your attack, you can easily be made to do almost nothing at all by any attack penalty debuff, and you have no WSs at all. To stack all of those penalties on a monster makes it completely unappealing in combat, it should be fixed to be worth using. 10% Haste is not worth -40% Attack & basically permanent amnesia.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post

Then what do I get in exchange for no tp moves eh? Also I attack about 25% faster. That doesn't really make up for -40% att when most other monsters are getting +10-33%.

This isn't how the real mob works.

And lastly the way it stacks with attack down buffs IS WRONG. There is no good reason a mobs tp move should reduce my dmg from 60 or so a hit to 0. But only reduce other monsters dmg by maybe 30-40%

Yes there are other monsters and yes I am playing them. But that argument is like saying we should leave obvious horrible flaws with a job because heck there are 21 others. Let's give real thf -40% att and permanent amnesia. I mean heck with triple attack and low delay daggers it attacks a little faster! And plus you can always just play another job
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-25-2013 at 05:07 AM.