Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Kuftal Tunnel might be hard at 70 if he is capped at that level. Which I think Labrinth of Onzonzo or The Boyada tree might be good.
    I always thought the crabs on the 1st floor of the tree were the same level as those in Kuftal, LoO sounds like a good alternative though, I`d forgotten about that place.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Since 2004 we went to The Boyahda Tree, as Hawklaser said, and did robber crabs to 180~ and then steelshells to cap @lvl75. The advantage of skilling only on crabs is they have very bad accuracy and very few high-damage moves and no troublesome debuff moves.

You should also be very happy because it is WAY easier to skillup today than it ever was before, because when we used to skill up over the last decade, there were no Book/Prowess-Skill Gain Bonuses, no skillup food, no skillup rings/earrings, no Superkupower Martial Master, all of which make skillup 10x faster. When I was starting out we would spend whole entire days at the Tree, getting a few 0.1s here and there. It took forever.
    You just saved everyone else the time to make this explanation.
    (0)

For Defensive skills the best option is Abyssea-Attohwa or basically any light multi-hitting enemy which you can gather in-masse. Ideally your atmas will be pdt and regen focusing more on regen. As always equip a weak weapon as you'll be engaged with at least one target.

Now that you've located your targetted mob(in my case it was mandies) find a wall and try to coral the mobs so that they bunch up in front of you, back pedalling helps. If possible try to stack as much defense and damage reducing gear as possible and if you can have a good rdm or sch toss on phalanx(or 2) on you if you cannot do it yourself.

With prowess ring and the appropriate skill up food it shouldn't take no longer than 5hrs to cap any skill. The last to cap would probably be parrying but bleh.
    (0)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    I always thought the crabs on the 1st floor of the tree were the same level as those in Kuftal, LoO sounds like a good alternative though, I`d forgotten about that place.
    The ones in the tree are actually a little higher level than the ones in Kuftal, however, the big difference is much less agro to deal with in the tree when fighting Robber Crabs. As in the tunnel it is much easier to accidentally have a 2nd mob join in on you.

With the OP not stating why the solo'ing in the tunnel going bad or being too hard, my first guess would be the additional agro being the first culprit, followed by mobs just being rough. I do know 70 SCH can solo The Boyahada Tree Robber Crabs with little difficulty as that is where I was skilling up in preparation for SCH's Maat fight on a fresh character.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    The ones in the tree are actually a little higher level than the ones in Kuftal, however, the big difference is much less agro to deal with in the tree when fighting Robber Crabs. As in the tunnel it is much easier to accidentally have a 2nd mob join in on you.

With the OP not stating why the solo'ing in the tunnel going bad or being too hard, my first guess would be the additional agro being the first culprit, followed by mobs just being rough. I do know 70 SCH can solo The Boyahada Tree Robber Crabs with little difficulty as that is where I was skilling up in preparation for SCH's Maat fight on a fresh character.
    Yes more room in Boyahda Tree. One can warp directly in front if VW path is complete. Tree also have other people around so you could possibly find someone to join up and party together, especially with those farming Boyahda moss.

Kuftal Tunnel is pretty much empty, at least on my server it is.

Even if you don't have VW path complete, you can get Sanctuary of Zitah Outpost warp.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-22-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Besieged is a fantastic place to skill-up magic.

For Enfeebling, find any junk mob that somebody is already fighting, and just spam Dia on it whenever the recast is up.

You can do the same with Healing Magic (casting Cure) whenever the Undead Horde is attacking. The undead take damage from Cure spells.
    (0)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Another possible might be Cape Terrigan - IIRC there are suitable level mobs there and you can use the FoV (either pages or just get buffs from it)
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wouldn't recommend Cape Terrigan at level 70. Everything there except lizards and rabbits are aggressive. I remember it always as a bad zone to travel for garuda fight, because if snk/inv wore off at the wrong time you were in for a fight. And there are very few safe places to AFK in that area.

To the OP, just a reminder that you can skill up on any decent challenge or higher mob to cap. Just try to find a place where you can fight without aggro. Don't forget to buff up with phalanx, protect, stoneskin. If it doesn't help you swing faster, focus on defensive gear. As several others have said, crabs have long been the target of choice since they are one of the safer mobs to fight 1 on 1.
    (0)

Character
    Aiyoku
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    Okay, sorry about the wait.

To clarify.

My actual level is 70.

My Weapon skill level is 192, which is according to most wiki's that of a level 60.

That being Said Kuftal has been repeatedly kicking my tail, primarily because of linking with the crabs, I can take one at a time, but at my current level skill, they are absolutely DECIMATING me in groups.

Problem is, a majority of them in THAT area is damn near impossible to NOT link, so it leaves me nearly getting killed or just flat out killed in the process.
    (0)

How about Abyssea? There are lots of non-link mobs.And I think smaller mobs are good for skilling up around 200.
    And (It's so embarrassed)My RDM is 99,but my Sword skill is now 210.(used to be 190 before I tried skilling up in Abyssea for a few hours).
    I'm on the way Skilling up.With skill food,And Atma,It's much easier.

(Sorry about my English skill,as always)
    (0)
    Last edited by illusionist; 08-23-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    _・)ノどもっ
    BLM99(心のメインジョブやっと☆)WHM99 ,GEO99★,こるせあはじめました。RDM,BRD,SCH,SMN,BLU=99修行中。イドリス(まだ餅なし)できたぞーヽ(`Д´)ノCooking94.Chat:1mil.since 2002:Quetz Native

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast