Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    And so if YOU don't want it, it shouldn't be done, amirite?
    Yeah, in this case.

If you would care to offer some indication as to why I might be wrong beyond your not so subtle insinuation that I am selfish, I'll be glad to explain my reasoning. Otherwise, I know you are but what am I...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    It was stupid to make Bayld gear augmentable. Just put the stats on the original piece and add the coalition grease cost to the original price. Seriously, who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?
    Very very true, only a bayld sink. The gear should have just been 5k bayld more expensive and let done be done..

I never drop gear lol but I dropped most of the bayld stuff, I had no place to put it. Then again, unlike most gear before it, it was neither hard or expensive to get, or obtained through sentimentally worthwhile occasions.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Yeah, in this case.

If you would care to offer some indication as to why I might be wrong beyond your not so subtle insinuation that I am selfish, I'll be glad to explain my reasoning. Otherwise, I know you are but what am I...
    Furniture and furnishing your moghouse is part of the game.
    And much like Limbus or Dynamis, you might not ever do it.
    But that doesn't mean others don't do it too.

In a MMO, you can not just disregard a feature that a single person might not use.

And besides, having a porter moogle with your slave moogle doesn't help alleviate inventory congestion.
    It only helps with using slips....
    And since they don't seem to want to add new gear to pre-existing slips (JSE capes) or make new ones...
    It's completely irrelevant to the storage problem.
    (0)

Player
    The easiest way to do it would be... Don't add a moogle at all. Just add a menu item to the "Moghouse" list.
    this^ stupid time wasted making a moogle vanish is time that could be spent giving us a better storage idea like a chest week can put all the stuff in we want to keep (like all the s*** on slips) that we can only get to and look at from our moghouse and oh look i now have 10 extra inventory slots from not having to carry 10 dumb ass slips around not to mention all the stuff i cant store/mule
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Furniture and furnishing your moghouse is part of the game.
    And much like Limbus or Dynamis, you might not ever do it.
    But that doesn't mean others don't do it too.
    You can't please everyone, but you can certainly piss them all off by doing nothing. It's pretty obvious that the people who want more convenient storage now, vastly outnumber the ones who want a better view of their mog bed later. That's why this thread (and many others) is about storage and not mog beds.

In a MMO, you can not just disregard a feature that a single person might not use.
    I'm not knocking anyone for wanting a cool looking house, but if I had to guess, I'd say that 99% of people would like to be in there for as little time as possible.

If there were some way to prove that plopping a moogle in there would somehow delay work on a toggle function for so long that it would cause far more stress and anguish than not putting it right in, I would understand. But, it's pretty obvious that it's actually the opposite of that situation.

And besides, having a porter moogle with your slave moogle doesn't help alleviate inventory congestion.
    And since they don't seem to want to add new gear to pre-existing slips (JSE capes) or make new ones...
    It's completely irrelevant to the storage problem.
    I agree, but mog slips are a fact of life right now and moving the porter is relatively easy (if you don't factor the toggle function). Really though, we should be pissed that they are even still tinkering with slips when they should be working on a better solution. So, let's do that instead.

It's completely irrelevant to the storage problem.[/QUOTE]
    (3)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can't please everyone, but you can certainly piss them all off by doing nothing. It's pretty obvious that the people who want more convenient storage now, vastly outnumber the ones who want a better view of their mog bed later. That's why this thread (and many others) is about storage and not mog beds.

I'm not knocking anyone for wanting a cool looking house, but if I had to guess, I'd say that 99% of people would like to be in there for as little time as possible.
    Personally... I don't understand why the porter moogle being put in the house would affect furnishings at all... because there's that massive chunk of the rooms that are... for that single moogle?
    I don't see why they can't move the slave over a few blips and then have the porter next to it...

And as to this being about storage and not furniture... that was my point too.
    And even the porter moogle has nothing to do with storage woes.... it's... Like the repeal of the defense of marriage act here in america.
    sure it made gay marriage capable of happening... but it doesn't actually DO anything to help equality.
    In this case:
    sure moving the porter moogle into the house makes using storage slips faster.... but it doesn't actually DO anything about storage problems.

It's a diversionary tactic to get some ppl to go "ooooo! they doin something about my problem!"... but if they actually think about it... this action doesn't actually do ANYTHING at all.
    And that's my "problem" with it... it doesn't fix anything... it just removes the need to zone to use the porter moogle.
    woooooo.... that doesn't help me with my 12 skirmish2 gear clogging my bags.
    (0)

Character
    Maledict
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well, wouldn't an additional NPC add some targeting confusion to the Mog House scenario? I mean, we already have enough with the Orchestrion controls (still waiting on the update that was supposed to move the target away from the entrance--).

I'd say, add an additional item to the MH submenu to call the Porter Moogle temporarily: "Call Porter/Dismiss Porter" (would be a toggle item like Open Mog/Close Mog). After around six minutes the Porter Moogle would auto-dismiss himself if called and his menu isn't active (the Porter will autodismiss when the player zones). It would sort of work like the way your Moogle warps out temporarily when you access Gardening from a Rent-a-Room, and would open the door for other temporary NPCs to be "called" in the same way in future.

As mentioned above, though, this is low priority when compared with implementing the MH Porter in the first place. Once that's done, then it's worth worrying about displaying moogles...
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Is there some technical reason why furniture cant be clickable? Why not have a porter moogle Mannequin that you can add/remove based on preference?
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm sort of gear illiterate and don't get heavily into it, so storage hasn't been a problem for me, but let me ask a question. If it's a problem that you can't store augmented gear on Porter Moogle slips and you never could... would it be acceptable if you expanded the range of non-augmented gear that could be stored, so that you could just put the augmented stuff in your normal inventory?

Like I said, I don't really understand the storage woes deeply, but it's something I was wondering.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I'm sort of gear illiterate and don't get heavily into it, so storage hasn't been a problem for me, but let me ask a question. If it's a problem that you can't store augmented gear on Porter Moogle slips and you never could... would it be acceptable if you expanded the range of non-augmented gear that could be stored, so that you could just put the augmented stuff in your normal inventory?

Like I said, I don't really understand the storage woes deeply, but it's something I was wondering.
    That would be the same as having augment-only storage slips.
    If you've ever +2'd a relic piece, you'll find that you have to do the magian trial before you can store it on a slip.
    And since it's only a few of those that are really useful, it doesn't bother anyone much to have one or two floating around in your locker of whatnot.

But the problem is now that there's a huge influx of gear that HAS to be kept in your inventories.

If you wanted to +2 all your relic gear, and then found yourself out of space, you could alleviate that by taking the magian trials and be then able to store it all on one slip.

And having a slip for only-augmented or only-unagmented bayld gear is exactly the same scenario:
    too much of it, do the augments and buy a slip.
    or
    too much of it, don't augment the ones you don't use much and buy a slip.

Obviously in the case of bayld the augment one would be the implemented slip, and personally the prefered to the unaugmented (bayld rains from the heavens, why not get that swaky +120MP??).

But the problem isn't with the bayld gear.

It's with the skirmish2 and delve gear.

Theoretically... it could be possible to tag all stages of delve augment paths with a various hexcode value (255 should be enough "slots" per gear) and that could be slip-ified with ease.

But the skirmish2 gear would be impossible.
    Because.... the augments are random....

Probably the worst idea they had.
    Had it worked like the Bayld gear... no one would have minded.
    Sure, there would have been a bit of complaining that any augments are bluh.... but w/e.
    But they decided to use the same method for skirmish weapons... which worked for them... because it's unusual for weapons to get on storage slips.
    So random augments wouldn't (and didn't) come with a wave of complaints about storage clog.
    But with the gear.........
    They made the skirmish2 gear unstorable and that's one of the reasons for this large pressure on ppl's storage atm.
    (that and the needless to mention bajillion of OTHER new gear that suddenly showed up.)
    (0)

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast