Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethalio View Post
    Releasing more storage slips won't solve the problem, it'll just delay the next major crash of inventory issues.
    An additional 80 slots inventory for each 99 job the player has is needed to get a long-time solution.
    And as Danita said: make all of them accessible only inside a special room that can be entered via MH to avoid load time problems. Dependent on the current main job only one of these bags is active at all time and functions like the normal inventory, which means you can equip directly from it.
    Another solution would be a fat chocobo like inventory with at least n*80 slots (n being the number of 99 jobs the player has), although I presume searching for all the equipment can become annoying in a bag with 400+ slots.
    I disagree. Adding storage slips WOULD free up tons of inventory. Especially now that delve and skirmish2 gear is so highly prized.
    The problem with storage slips and the new content is the augments... when it's something like empyrean or relic armor... it's all really simple (and the bane of ppl who don't care enough to do the xp magian trial for the relic+2) when the augment is static... there's no problem with storing an augmented item...
    But due to the customizability of the new gear... aside from like the bayld gear... a storage slip just can't work... Unless, of course, it's only for unaugmented items.... which wouldn't be good... or the bayld gear slip is for only augmented items...
    the random augments for skirmish gear and the tiers of augments for delve gear just don't work with the way storage slips work.
    (0)

Character
    Ethalio
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    You're right FaeQueenCory, additional storage slips for Adoulin gear would free up our inventory, but SE is a huge fan of augmented gear and that's why the new gear isn't compatible with storage slips.
    In addition to this, if this problem is going to be resolved, SE would need to add new slips or extend existing slips, which is, as history of version updates shows, a thing that can take a few month to be implemented. During this time we would have storage issues again.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would have preferred fixed augments on the new Skirmish gear which would allow us to (eventually) store them.
    (5)

Follow the route of delve, as in how the augments build up with more airlixir, and then make the final augment versions storeable.

Don't say they can't, because they can. It's theoretically possible that every stage of an augment is storeable but the slips would have to be preconfigured with every possible combination, and would be massive/store only a few etc etc.

But yeah, that would be poor programming and structure design, the point is merely that since every combination is feasible, the max augment versions are.

Personally, I would like something very much like the delve system, except rather than preselect

Path A - Attack, Accuracy, STR
    Path B - Accuracy, Attack, STR
    Patch C - etc

I would have it where you pick the 3 augments and the order of potency so that you *could*, shouldn't, but could, augment something with MP, AGI, accuracy, if you so chose.
    (3)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Releasing more storage slips won't solve the problem, it'll just delay the next major crash of inventory issues.
    An additional 80 slots inventory for each 99 job the player has is needed to get a long-time solution.
    And as Danita said: make all of them accessible only inside a special room that can be entered via MH to avoid load time problems. Dependent on the current main job only one of these bags is active at all time and functions like the normal inventory, which means you can equip directly from it.
    Another solution would be a fat chocobo like inventory with at least n*80 slots (n being the number of 99 jobs the player has), although I presume searching for all the equipment can become annoying in a bag with 400+ slots.
    Perhaps if a Fat chocobo system was introduced, we could select categories that we can name to alleviate that. For example: Seals, Mage gear, Heavy DD, Craft Mats, etc.

I think the existing storage is plenty for items we access on a regular basis. But if we're out collecting non-stackable items to craft with and get a random invite to an event, it would be great to be able to place those somewhere where we know we can find them later on.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're right FaeQueenCory, additional storage slips for Adoulin gear would free up our inventory, but SE is a huge fan of augmented gear and that's why the new gear isn't compatible with storage slips.
    In addition to this, if this problem is going to be resolved, SE would need to add new slips or extend existing slips, which is, as history of version updates shows, a thing that can take a few month to be implemented. During this time we would have storage issues again.
    I have to point out that extending current slip values takes practically no time at all. Just look at the latest swimwear, it was added to slip 11 when it was added to the game. I think previously... they were just lax to update older slips due to the lack of omg-holyshitballs-I-just-got-12-new-armor-pieces-where-can-I-put-them that is rather rampant today. (I mean... Jesus! it's like every update we get 5 new whole sets of gear. Not that I'm complaining... but it's more of the influx to invetory size ratio rather than just inventory size in general.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    Perhaps if a Fat chocobo system was introduced, we could select categories that we can name to alleviate that. For example: Seals, Mage gear, Heavy DD, Craft Mats, etc.

I think the existing storage is plenty for items we access on a regular basis. But if we're out collecting non-stackable items to craft with and get a random invite to an event, it would be great to be able to place those somewhere where we know we can find them later on.
    That is an excellent point about the crafting stuff.
    Chances are if we do get a super-chest type deal... it's gonna be a mog garden thing.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    what about a storage chest for each job like the one next to horst that gave us our abyssea freebies?
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Largest timesink when doing delve raids is waiting on people changing jobs and screwing around with their inventory limitations

The vertical gear ladder on the way up to the new cap with the addition of skirmish II gear mixed with all the other SoA loot just made everyones inventory problems worse. I don't really enjoy getting new loot if you dont give me a way to store it and retreive it efficiently, or worse I can't even mail it to a same account mule.

Stop rushing to add more loot to the game and fix the inventory problem.
    (8)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They could add a treasure chest to Mog Garden where you can store more items. This chest would not be accessible from the menu, and items within are not subject to Rare tag restrictions. Increasing it's rank adds more storage space/chests.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Here's something I've been thinking about... it's very nice that sack and satchel and inventory load as we zone but why does safe and locker have to load right away? Load that info 2 minutes or something later.

Point being, any other box could be loaded later.
    (3)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast