World: Shiva
    Main Job: Blue Mage Lvl: 99
    Support Job: Red Mage
    Area and Coordinates: Caedarva Mire, I-7
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Heraldic Imp, Soulflayer, several past others
    Steps:

I was out looking for Khimaira, and I decided to try using Tourbillion and Barbed Crescent on the surrounding enemies to test the rumor of these spells not landing their additional effects. Sure enough, after testing the spell on over 10 (extremely easy) soulflayers and 10 heraldic imps and waiting ample time (over 5 minutes), seeing if any additional effects would wear, I concluded these spells were not landing their additional effects at all. There were no messages in the log saying an effect had landed. I have used these spells at other times before and had not seen any effects take place as well.

Now, I have heard these spells work perfectly on the test server, but I have yet to apply to the test server and check this out. Just something else you guys may want to look at.

I beg you guys to take a look at these spells as they are way too important to not be working. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Hi Tennotsukai,

This is a known issue (and has been for a while). I believe the effects can proc, but it is extremely unlikely. The abilities are unfortunately rather useless in this respect. Will they ever get fixed? Who knows! FFXI has a bit of a skeleton crew at the moment!
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes, I know they said they would fix them forever ago with Prothescar's original bug report but never did or just fixed them only on the test server. Tourbillion is AMAAAAZZINNG! I mean with a good MACC set, wouldn't blu's be accepted into delve boss runs? Pretty sure tourbillion is more potent than angon but less reliable buuuut does last 3 minutes if I remember correctly....unresisted.
    (0)