Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4

Player

Playstation 4

Said to be launching November 15. Right before Christmas, so I bet it will sell out instantly.

http://m.foxbusiness.com/quickPage.h...07.proteus.fma
    Time to get happy with game store clerks lol..

Too bad I only see dudes.

Ok but but when will FFXI cease support for PS2? Will FFXI eventually be converted to PS4 Technology?
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Don't hold your breath. FFXIV made it to ps4 but xi will be in ps2 limbo until it shuts down would be my guess
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Put it to you this way: I would be incredibly surprised if they were to ever offer an updated FFXI. Even though it's easily worth it even now to give us a new fresh coat of paint for FFXI because millions of dollars says it's damn worth it, it is painfully obvious they are content with status quo FFXI. FFXIV was their answer to a graphically improved FFXI. No one asked for it but that's what they chose to do so they could try to cash in on the work that they so consider 'not worth the investment' for a "freebie".

So... yeah. You will win the lottery before SE gives us justice on this matter. That's how sure I am that they will never do it. We are extremely lucky that Tanaka felt sorry enough for us to give us windows client updates before he left. I'm sure they'll continue that work until it's done then I'm certain it's goodbye to updates like that to FFXI. And why should they? It's not like it's the industry standard to give your ten year old MMO a facelift to breathe fresh life into your game that people have been staring at for a decade to entice them to stick around even longer. What a dumb investment lol no one ever does such a thing.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Put it to you this way: I would be incredibly surprised if they were to ever offer an updated FFXI. Even though it's easily worth it even now to give us a new fresh coat of paint for FFXI because millions of dollars says it's damn worth it, it is painfully obvious they are content with status quo FFXI. FFXIV was their answer to a graphically improved FFXI. No one asked for it but that's what they chose to do so they could try to cash in on the work that they so consider 'not worth the investment' for a "freebie".

So... yeah. You will win the lottery before SE gives us justice on this matter. That's how sure I am that they will never do it. We are extremely lucky that Tanaka felt sorry enough for us to give us windows client updates before he left. I'm sure they'll continue that work until it's done then I'm certain it's goodbye to updates like that to FFXI. And why should they? It's not like it's the industry standard to give your ten year old MMO a facelift to breathe fresh life into your game that people have been staring at for a decade to entice them to stick around even longer. What a dumb investment lol no one ever does such a thing.
    True, SE is only going to be stuck with players reaching the inevitable question forever. Not like we have server resets, rollback and things to bring us down from reaching the inevitable question.

It's only playing cat and mouse with the DEV TEAM at this rate.

Although i think SE should offer a reward of some type to FFXI players joining FFXIV if they decide to stop giving us updates. I mean 11 years supporting FFXI would encourage us to move over to FFXIV and ditch XI easier than just drop the game all together.

If SE intends to keep XI players happy, they should add longer quests to achieve power, not make us achieve quick only to get bored and ask for more content.

I also suggest DEV TEAM add various events on different parts of the game in order for us to play forgotten maps, areas we no longer play. Also add content on top of existing content.

I mean when's the last time anyone went to Den of Rancor? Temple of Ugly throat stabbing. In my opinion I think SE should add some more HNMs with rare/ex gears in various maps to encourage us to play all parts of FFXI than skipping areas that are worthless.

Live events with bosses marching or randomly appearing would be fun too. I mean WR Rieves proves they can implement a boss without claim conditions.

Also implementing boss to have unpredictable random pops would make it fun and long lasting.

Point is, DEV Team keeps adding areas only for us to finish the area and move to the next place. All events are predictable because they do the same ones every year.

If they intend for us to stay even longer, we need more content that's repeatable with unpredictable spawn location/conditions and reasons to play longer, not faster.

Imagine if an HNM super king sized popped in Yhoater Jungle and could teleport during a certain amount of HP to any other map like Yuhtunga. Only for everyone to go rush and hunt for it again to continue the fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-21-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd like to see a PS4 client, or a least a port to a working console that is still current. It's also worth mentioning that this could probably run on most newer phones or the PS Vita.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

It impossible for them to run the ps3 or the ps4 on this game, Lucky for all us on ff14 there running two clients for the game for it for pc and ps4 at direct 11 and then ps3 be in the limbo.

This version running on one client so if do to much it crashes the ps2 player or the emulated xbox players and the pc players get a lot issues. since one client.

PS4 has no system set up to emulate this version the game , on the ps3 there there was a cpu program people made, but it slowed the servers down to much since the errors.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

If they would make a new client it would cost way to much, since they have to go through ever line of code. For each system, Since ps2 on different code, xbox on same basic code as the pc.

Xbox code was a special code that microsoft gave square to make the game run on this game. Since this game do not need have a gold account on xbox to run and square can update the game as need with out certify

. So that microsoft would at the time get FF on there system. From what i heard. and one the reason why microsoft and square hate each other. Only we on xbox that got hope for is that the new women running xbox got patience. O wait were all going to ps4 for now on ff14.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Player
    The Release of PS4 means FFXI will be 2 game console Generations behind.

I just don't see how much longer SE can dodge this factor if this game is going to keep hanging on a limb to survive. Technology is only going to keep advancing.

As much as I loved Nintendo and Super Nintendo so much. It was inevitable to last. Same way I see FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Final Fantasy XI for PS3, yes please!
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    in order for them to put it on the PS4 they would have to convince sony, but in order to do that they would also have to revamp the interface/graphics(which was why sony didn't want XI on the PS3) and ofcourse there is also that all online games for the PS4 require a PSN+ subscription(yes this detail was confirmed by sony).

I honestly don't think FFXI has a chance on the PS4 really especially since you would have to pay 2 subscription fees to play it.

I doubt SE would go to bat for XI again like they did on the 360(XI is the reason we for xblive silver for those who dont know), maybe for XIV to be on PSN Free on the PS4.
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 08-24-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast