Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Final fantasy 14 broke a record for a japan mmo. Might effect ffxi. Player base?.

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/fina...mpaign=Feed%3A

They had 150k+ concurrent users on at once so far for there beta. Held buy PSO 2 beta of 107k in japan still impressive number for them.

For those that are wonderong there is a lot former ffxi on ff14 also.

They had to shutdown the NA/EU side do a 3102 bug fix that broke the game.

They have added like 5 more servers in 48hrs.

Game fun . Not sure how many true old school veterans from ffxi will actually leave ffxi though. I'm sure we will see a slight decline in next few months.

Here another article were can see some other games that are running normal. To see that is a impressive number. This little out date from may 2013.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/league-...layers-6405485

Shows a few steam games that were popular as concurrent users.
    (2)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Player
    Any 'hot' MMO might affect FFXI playerbase, whether it has Final Fantasy in its title or not.
    (6)

Player
    Here we go again... how many times will I have to put onmy tinfoil hat?FFXI is not going anywhere.. less people means they will structure the game around fewer players.. It might make a minor impact on the game if that.. but in the long run XI is still a profit machine...
    (6)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Here we go again... how many times will I have to put onmy tinfoil hat?FFXI is not going anywhere.. less people means they will structure the game around fewer players.. It might make a minor impact on the game if that.. but in the long run XI is still a profit machine...
    Indeed.
    Though I think you'll see a bit more of an impact when it's fully golden. But that will be only a temporary thing.
    I know I've seen quite a few friends on XI "jump ship" to XIV... but they have either come back to XI or are holding out for the real release. (So there will be a player dip, but it won't last and only a small percentage of those who "switch" will stay in XIV.)
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    less people means they will structure the game around fewer players
    Tell this to SE. The amount of people playing this game has been decreasing for some time, even if not by a large amount, and yet they released SoA with an event that basically requires hundreds of people to fight it while simultaneously alienating a good part of players, many of which were on the higher end of gear. Also, these fights which take so very many people, can last many hours, on the same level of as Absolute Virtue or Pandemonium Warden, fights which took way to long and players were getting ill during them, not only that, but they took only 18 people to fight, not 100+. So I would not count on the fact that players quit that SE will take it into account while making content and structure the game around that fact, rather, I think they will ignore it, add more areas, the last 2 Wildskeepers, and so on, all while not lowering the difficulty, player requirements, or anything of the sort, but rather keeping it exactly how it is right now in terms of scale, and continuing onward.

So far as those people who think that even though this has Final Fantasy in its name and FFXIV has Final Fantasy in its name that it makes little difference, trust me, it makes a difference, I am sure a great deal of people who started this game, did so because it was Final Fantasy. While you are right, that any 'hot' MMO would drop the amount of subscriptions, I would bet money that a great deal of people who play this game are Final Fantasy fans, and are going to end up trying FFXIV at some point if they are able to if for no reason other than it being a Final Fantasy game, so depending on the quality of the time they have while trying the game, they may just actually leave this for it. Obviously not everyone will, some people will not like it, others will find good things about it but not enough to move or continue paying for it, but some people will like it enough to leave, that will have an effect on this game, if people can not accept the fact it will have an effect on this game I have no idea how to say it to you.
    (8)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Indeed.
    Though I think you'll see a bit more of an impact when it's fully golden. But that will be only a temporary thing.
    I know I've seen quite a few friends on XI "jump ship" to XIV... but they have either come back to XI or are holding out for the real release. (So there will be a player dip, but it won't last and only a small percentage of those who "switch" will stay in XIV.)
    Seeing as so far everything has been a beta, I doubt it will be as temporary as you seem to believe, some people will obviously come back, but to say only a small % of people who leave will stay gone, is funny, that's to say that a small % of people like it enough to leave this game. Betas are just that, betas, and while the amount of people online on FFXI has dropped many times during betas for FFXIV, I am sure that the real deal will be a real drop, rather than a temporary one, such as the betas are temporary access in a way. I think of it all as a test, its a test of FFXIV, and as well as a test of how this game will shrink.
    (4)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Lol at those ppl praising ff14. Its like the same movie after its 100th exibition. See you ff14 fans back in some months with topics like "returning to ffxi, what has changed?"
    (7)

I think FF11 will survive for some time, after all the time making there profit. EQ has lasted, but this can be bad in long run for ff11. Lasting for another year either way. Change is hard thing for people to do after years doing the same thing.

You have to need ff14 making a lot of money. With a small profit on ff11. They blew the adoulin stuff at first, To finance ff14 and even sold the tablets right to microsoft for money on ff14. To run ff11 and ff14.

Have a major server merges again. For ff11.

The 3102 error killed a lot sales on ff14 for everyone outside of japan so that is a good thing(there afraid have a global game now. ). That will help ff11. There making sure ff14 will not be a mainstream or global game. Good thing for ff11.

At this point all ff11 fans that are leaving just are finally down with game with ff14 ,or with out. Since got so many other mmo that are 10 times better now, but even coming back for the month for old time feel, after some time most will never come back again. That feeling gone for a lot people and they just are trying sell there account for what every they can get.

I feel square, last ditch effort and some the stuff they been doing is setting up a free to play model. Before the servers shutdown, sometimes stuff just shutdown and like wtf happen and move on or like were did it go in denial.

For me i would like to be on till servers shut down. Even if wrong in 10 years.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Lol at those ppl praising ff14. Its like the same movie after its 100th exibition. See you ff14 fans back in some months with topics like "returning to ffxi, what has changed?"
    Don't count on it, you avoid the game like it's the plague, that's cool, but don't trash it because you don't like it. People will like it, you can't control that by constantly bringing it down. I used to be just like you, I hated abyssea, I hated XIV, but now look at my stance on Abyssea: I love it now. Anything short of the same reason for FFXIV is bogus, because in XIV your character is more than just a character than what it is in XI. You can legitimately create your character to your liking instead of "Ok pick face...4 and...hair A" now you're picking their skin tone, eye colors (Yes I said colors, meaning heterochromia), height, hair color, etc. Not only that but the environment that XIV is in put me in a much more 'healthy' environment than the pseudo-cold war that XI is in, and people were just much more friendlier.

People flock to a game with a friendly community, can you legitimately say XI's community is friendly? No, it is not sadly, I truly wish it was but every server that I've seen people are only interested in helping -if- they get something out of it in return, otherwise people won't even look at you. I met a great friend who's helped me through my limit breaks (Despite having to solo the first one) but every time I ask for help with things that are trivial to a single lvl 99 player, no one will ever volunteer to help. XIV I didn't have that problem, so you mean to tell me that "People are just gonna come back, cya in xyz amount of time"? Are you serious? Why would I wanna come back to a game that's nothing but a giant headache to me both with the content and the community, when XIV is offering brand new stuff that is new player friendly and I have the community to play with and enjoy this content instead of hunting solo for toy weapons in CoP, RotZ, and ToAU? I can tell you I'd rather go play with friends, and when my desktop gets fixed you won't be seeing me anywhere around here anymore
    (5)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Seeing as so far everything has been a beta, I doubt it will be as temporary as you seem to believe, some people will obviously come back, but to say only a small % of people who leave will stay gone, is funny, that's to say that a small % of people like it enough to leave this game. Betas are just that, betas, and while the amount of people online on FFXI has dropped many times during betas for FFXIV, I am sure that the real deal will be a real drop, rather than a temporary one, such as the betas are temporary access in a way. I think of it all as a test, its a test of FFXIV, and as well as a test of how this game will shrink.
    I am only speaking from experience.
    Let me number-ify it for easy comparison.
    Say I have 10 friends who left for the betas. Of those 10, 7 returned and 3 stopped XI in favor of XIV.
    That is what I am talking about.
    From my experience, the majority of those who will leave for XIV will return to XI.
    XIV will not kill XI.
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast